PDA

View Full Version : Armor plate help...

BigHate
01-25-10, 00:33
I am looking to pick up a set of plates. I have a friend that offered me this set for 150.00. Its gonna be a set of SAPI plates large.Can you guys let me know if thats a good deal?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/JohnFuchs/SNV30729.jpg

CLHC
01-25-10, 01:01
I am looking to pick up a set of plates. I have a friend that offered me this set for 150.00. Its gonna be a set of SAPI plates large. Can you guys let me know if thats a good deal?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/JohnFuchs/SNV30729.jpg
Just curious on how "used" are these?

Iraq Ninja
01-25-10, 01:09
Which set? I see two. One set is ESAPI, the other set is SAPI. Both sets appear to be used and I bet military issue. Flip them over and see if there is a big US on the other side. Just be aware that if these are US marked, they can be considered stolen.

None of the plates appear to be from the same manufacturer, due to the difference in the fonts used. Not a big deal, but it does suggest strongly that they were taken from the military.

Iraq Ninja
01-25-10, 01:15
Just curious on how "used" are these?

Look at the bottom corners of the plates. You often see darkening on the ESAPIs if they are well used. Based on this photo, I say they are well used.

BigHate
01-25-10, 01:40
Look at the bottom corners of the plates. You often see darkening on the ESAPIs if they are well used. Based on this photo, I say they are well used.

Thanks for the great info. I appreciate the input. In your exp, would this be a good deal? I am looking to pick up the Black Large SAPI plates..

b6b
02-06-10, 21:58
Thanks for the great info. I appreciate the input. In your exp, would this be a good deal? I am looking to pick up the Black Large SAPI plates..

It could be are real good deal or not at all. They would need to be x rayed to see if there are any cracks. Plus what are you going to be using them for? If deploying there is no way I would use them without knowing for sure there are no cracks. And if for just goofing around stateside do you really need a multi hit 7.62 plate?