http://www.vbs.tv/newsroom/the-vice-guide-to-liberia-4-of-8--1

http://www.vbs.tv/newsroom/the-vice-guide-to-liberia-5-of-8--1

http://www.vbs.tv/newsroom/the-vice-guide-to-liberia-6-of-8--1

http://www.vbs.tv/newsroom/the-vice-guide-to-liberia-7-of-8--1

Will be available in 2 days
http://www.vbs.tv/newsroom/the-vice-guide-to-liberia-8-of-8--1

Voodoochild
01-25-10, 03:16
I am living in Liberia now!! How about that!!!....

perna
01-25-10, 05:00
I am living in Liberia now!! How about that!!!....

Is that a joke? If not is that really what it is like there?

snappy
01-25-10, 09:05
Now that is some surreal barbaric desperation. Have to say that reporter has some stout balls too. Voodoo, how long have you been there? (None of my business obviously and I apologize if it is poor form to ask you that)

Business_Casual
01-25-10, 10:26
That is complete madness.

M_P

kaiservontexas
01-25-10, 11:12
Did I just see cannibalism?

Voodoochild
01-25-10, 14:22
That is what it was like during the war. Now that Charles Taylor is gone and UNMIL is here it is some what clam but it could all go south in a drop of a hat. The UN just lifted the weapons ban here and it could interesting with Pres elections coming up next year.

kaiservontexas
01-25-10, 14:47
That is beyond horrible. I cannot even begin to figure out how one could even clean up the HAZMAT issues. Never mind all those people with dead souls.

caelumatra
01-25-10, 15:14
OMG that was....hats off to the journalist

Wow!

Irish
01-25-10, 15:38
What a crazy part of the world! Thanks for posting that, very informative.

decodeddiesel
01-25-10, 15:54
Unbelievable.

DeputyMend
01-25-10, 16:05
Totally incredible. This makes me that much more grateful to live in the USA. Thanks for sharing.

Abraxas
01-25-10, 16:16
The UN just lifted the weapons ban here and it could interesting with Pres elections coming up next year.
I have to say that I am surprised by this. Did the ban have any effect at all on the availability of weapons?

RD62
01-25-10, 17:01
My cousin recently went there for a church Missions Trip.

I told her she was F'n nuts! That's right, her. She went while her husband and two kids stayed home.

Obviously these people need Jesus in a bad way, but her kids need her too, and in a worse way.

I'm all for helping people and all, but there's a smart way to do it, and sending a group of white, well off, American Missionaries to Liberia is probably NOT the best of plans.

Wanna help, write a check, and go volunteer here in SC, or rural Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi, or any other of a dozen or more states that need it.

Freakin East Africa....

-RD62

BiggLee71
01-25-10, 17:09
WOW, that place is ****ed up!!!!!

gogetal3
01-25-10, 20:40
That was the craziest thing I've seen on the damn internet to date. WTF. This is what nukes should be used for.

iroc_dis
01-25-10, 21:18
Thanks for finding this. I saw the first part the other day on CNN and it was really interesting stuff.

glocktogo
01-25-10, 22:18
Totally incredible. This makes me that much more grateful to live in the USA. Thanks for sharing.

Some of our more disaffected citizens should be made to see this. It might make them slightly more grateful for the handouts they get here. Over there they'd be lucky to have hands to accept it with. :(

Mac5.56
01-25-10, 23:16
Is anyone else getting terrible lag on this site? To the degree that the video freezes while the audio continues within the first minute of the movie?

I really want to watch this series I came home tonight in anticipation. I'm only having problems right now with this site... bummer.

glocktogo
01-25-10, 23:27
Is anyone else getting terrible lag on this site? To the degree that the video freezes while the audio continues within the first minute of the movie?

I really want to watch this series I came home tonight in anticipation. I'm only having problems right now with this site... bummer.

It's kinda glitchy on a hi-speed cable connection. I'd imagine it would be worse on slower connections.

Mac5.56
01-25-10, 23:44
It's kinda glitchy on a hi-speed cable connection. I'd imagine it would be worse on slower connections.

I'm on high speed cable, but the town I live in has horrid infrastructure and so I'm at a disadvantage. What a bummer. My father is an ex-pat, and spent some time in Africa that he doesn't like to talk about much, I really need to see this. Maybe I will email them and see if they can send it to me, or suggest a different video host

ST911
01-26-10, 10:05
General "Butt Naked" used to kill innocent children and eat their hearts prior to battle. He believed that fighting naked made him invisible. He's now an evangelist converting people from that way of life, driving around the country in a Nissan Pathfinder.

I'm surprised he doesn't have a reality show on Bravo.

vodomagoo
01-27-10, 15:16
that right there looks like one of the craziest places in the world and some of the craziest guys to go there. i could not imagine what that place is like to experience nor would I want to go there unarmed

perna
01-28-10, 02:49
That last part is up now.

Irish
01-28-10, 10:01
That is what it was like during the war. Now that Charles Taylor is gone and UNMIL is here it is some what clam but it could all go south in a drop of a hat. The UN just lifted the weapons ban here and it could interesting with Pres elections coming up next year.

How different is it opposed to the video segments that were posted? Better, worse, the same?

The Stockholm Syndrome the reporter mentioned seemed apparent in his expression, from beginning to end he definitely had a different look to him.

An Undocumented Worker
01-28-10, 12:14
Thankyou for posting up those links.

That was truly an eye opener, and I really hope those people can overcome the mistakes of thier past. It appears that Blahyi truly is trying to do right by his people, and despite the attrocities of his past, if he is genuinely concerned for his people I hope he succedes at making a positive difference there.

kaiservontexas
01-28-10, 12:46
Frankly, I think General Butt-Naked went from Pagan Cultist leader to Evangelical leader to keep what he knows best going. I may be cynical, but never underestimate the desire to survive and continue in a similar manner, even if it is benign. He is used to being the leader, which is control, over groups of people. No longer afforded the ability to continue being the Pagan Cultist military leader of his merry band he converted, and now he controls a band of followers under the guise of Christ. All the while he is not hung for eating children and other crimes against humanity, but he gets to live comfortably compared to the rest of the population: just as he was able to live comfortably compared to other standards when he ran his cultus during the war.

5pins
01-28-10, 14:09
Frankly, I think General Butt-Naked went from Pagan Cultist leader to Evangelical leader to keep what he knows best going. I may be cynical, but never underestimate the desire to survive and continue in a similar manner, even if it is benign. He is used to being the leader, which is control, over groups of people. No longer afforded the ability to continue being the Pagan Cultist military leader of his merry band he converted, and now he controls a band of followers under the guise of Christ. All the while he is not hung for eating children and other crimes against humanity, but he gets to live comfortably compared to the rest of the population: just as he was able to live comfortably compared to other standards when he ran his cultus during the war.

That was my impression of him also. He reminds me a TV evangelists who will say what he need to say to get what he wants. I didn’t buy his crap for a moment.

Voodoochild
01-28-10, 14:17
I have to say that I am surprised by this. Did the ban have any effect at all on the availability of weapons?

Hard to say really. Most of the weapons over here are hidden and will be brought back out when the SHTF. If you look up Samuel K Doe you will find out just how ****ed up this place can be. Prince Johnson was a former War Lord here and he and his men led a war against Doe along with Charles Taylor. There is a video out there showing Johnsons men cutting Doe's ear off while Johnson is seen siping on a Budwiser. They pretty much toutrued and mutilated him.

Overall these people don't ****ing play when it comes to wars. Canabilisim and the such are all fair play.

HelloLarry
01-28-10, 14:43
Don't confuse these with people.

DacoRoman
01-28-10, 18:03
Shocking...thanks for posting.

The depths of human depravity knows no limits; this video ought to be watched by all those hippies that believe that "man is basically good".

Abraxas
01-28-10, 21:30
Overall these people don't ****ing play when it comes to wars. Cannibalism and the such are all fair play.

Ya, and I can see that it has worked out well for them:rolleyes:.

RudyN
01-28-10, 22:57
We had some friends of us from our church go to Liberia to work with the Radio station there (ELWA). Luckily they went and came back before things got real horrible.

Colt6920
01-28-10, 23:12
Overall these people don't ****ing play when it comes to wars. Canabilisim and the such are all fair play.

That explains the dude in the lifejacket.

kaiservontexas
01-28-10, 23:56
The real kicker is the fact that foreign aid has gone to this nation. All of that got lined into the Swiss accounts of whoever their elite is in that country. A little bit released to the masses to shut them up, and life goes on in that place. Seriously it is completely incompetent that the world dispenses aid and nothing comes of it. Either pull the plug or get serious I figure.