PDA

View Full Version : "Multi-Quote This Message" Button

DrMark
03-28-07, 18:34
What's up with the "Multi-Quote This Message" button at the bottom of each post?

What's it for? How is it used?

LOKNLOD
03-28-07, 18:55
What's up with the "Multi-Quote This Message" button at the bottom of each post?

If you click it, it turns orange. You can click it on several posts in a thread, and then when you hit a "Quote" button, it will include quoted text from all the posts you've selected with Multi-Quote.

Pretty handy, really, beats a lot of "quote, cut, back, quote, paste, cut both, back, quote, paste all, type text" if you want to quote multiple people.

DrMark
03-28-07, 19:14

If you click it, it turns orange. You can click it on several posts in a thread, and then when you hit a "Quote" button, it will include quoted text from all the posts you've selected with Multi-Quote.

Pretty handy, really, beats a lot of "quote, cut, back, quote, paste, cut both, back, quote, paste all, type text" if you want to quote multiple people.

I see... thanks!

I'd like an option for nested quotes, insted of just quoting the last guy to respond in a thread. Sometimes the last two or more are needed to provide context for a reply.

LOKNLOD
03-28-07, 19:59
I see... thanks!

I'd like an option for nested quotes, insted of just quoting the last guy to respond in a thread. Sometimes the last two or more are needed to provide context for a reply.

If you stack the {QUOTE} tags inside of each other, you can nest them ^^^

Also figured this out by accident: If you have the multiquote button clicked in other threads, then just below the text box it will give you the option of pasting that into the current thread! Pretty neat...

LOKNLOD
03-28-07, 20:02
If you stack the {QUOTE} tags inside of each other, you can nest them ^^^

Also figured this out by accident: If you have the multiquote button clicked in other threads, then just below the text box it will give you the option of pasting that into the current thread! Pretty neat...
I see... thanks!

Example^^ you can just multi-quote the stuff you want included, and then drag the different quotes inside each other to arrange them in whatever level of nesting you want. Place the nested quote directly inside the first quote tag from the one you want it inside.

LOKNLOD
03-28-07, 20:04
I quoted this from another thread using the multiquote thing:

+1

thank you guys!

These are really cool features! I didn't realize we had these...never seen them on other boards, although now I'll be looking for them!

DrMark
03-28-07, 20:34
So much potential for clarity; so much potential for me making a mess of a reply!

:o