PDA

View Full Version : OH - Woman defends family, shoots home invader.

Irish
01-25-10, 11:51
http://www.examiner.com/x-18149-SelfDefense-Examiner~y2010m1d24-Armed-woman-saves-relatives-from-violent-home-invaders

A Columbus, Ohio woman reportedly used her handgun to stop a pair of armed and violent home invaders.

Police say that a pair of robbers went to the home of an acquaintance, where they held that man and his family at gunpoint while demanding money and prescription medication. The mother of the homeowner, who was in a different room, reportedly realized what was happening and grabbed a handgun. She then fired in self defense and defense of her family, striking one home invader and sending the other running, police say. Two suspects, including one with a gunshot wound, were reportedly apprehended by police. None of the victims were harmed, police say.

Yet again, we have another woman who was able to defend herself and her loved ones with a gun. Had this woman not been armed, she and her family could have been, victimized in their own home by a pair of dangerous attackers. Fortunately, this woman was armed for self defense, and as a result was able to save herself and the rest of her loved ones. Once again, armed self defense works.

Way to go mom!!! While I'm sure the incident was very disturbing and quite traumatic for the mother, I'm sure it's much less so than attending her family member's funerals. Another positive use of a firearm by a woman in defense of her loved ones always brings a smile to my face :)

BiggLee71
01-25-10, 12:55
These are the good stories that we'll never hear in the "lame-stream" media. IIRC, the NRA claims there are hundreds of thousands "good-shoots" a year in this country.

Like I said, we'll never hear about it because the media doesn't want to let the cat out of the bag to the un- washed masses that the 2nd Amendment is a vital and very useful right. To all the anti-gunners I say this "Put your guns down first!!".

Irish
01-25-10, 13:12
These are the good stories that we'll never hear in the "lame-stream" media. IIRC, the NRA claims there are hundreds of thousands "good-shoots" a year in this country.

There are many, many incidents a year where people defend themselves with firearms by simply demonstrating the fact that they're carrying without having to shoot that never go reported for various reasons.

geminidglocker
01-25-10, 13:48
Has anyone else noticed the recent trend on this forum? It seems there have been a lot more home invaders getting their asses handed to them in the past couple of weeks.:)

bkb0000
01-25-10, 14:06
Has anyone else noticed the recent trend on this forum? It seems there have been a lot more home invaders getting their asses handed to them in the past couple of weeks.:)

irish luck has been doing a good job of getting them posted.. i think these great stories are happening all over the country on any given day, we just dont ever hear about them. the media doesn't report on positive gun uses.