PDA

View Full Version : Holster for STI's

snaggletooth
01-25-10, 14:59
Hey all, I was wondering if you guys know of any holsters that would be compatible with the STI Tactical w/ x300? Hip holster and or a thigh rig? Anything like the safariland 6004?

Mr. Smith
01-25-10, 15:11
Blade-Tech makes one for the gun. We can get you one if you would like.

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-25-10, 15:22
I have a Blade-tech for my STI Edge and it stood up to Magpul Handgun class, no light obviously. I was looking at Tacticals, and the holster pickings are slim. I wonder if a Springfield Operator type holster would work?

How are you liking the Tactical, what caliber?

Mr. Smith
01-25-10, 15:35
I have a Blade-tech for my STI Edge and it stood up to Magpul Handgun class, no light obviously. I was looking at Tacticals, and the holster pickings are slim. I wonder if a Springfield Operator type holster would work?

Yes the holster will work. We do lots of tacticals thy run the best in 40 0r 9mm.

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/SuperiorFirearms/tactical%202011/KYS_8988.jpg
http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/SuperiorFirearms/tactical%202011/ImportedPhotos00001.jpg

snaggletooth
01-25-10, 15:41

I was curious about the availability of the holsters before getting one. If I can't find anything to carry it, why buy it?

Yes the holster will work. We do lots of tacticals thy run the best in 40 0r 9mm.

Can you explain more? The whole reason I was looking into the tactical was the fact they had a high cap .45? What kind of issues do you see with the .45?

Mr. Smith
01-25-10, 15:52
I was curious about the availability of the holsters before getting one. If I can't find anything to carry it, why buy it?

Can you explain more? The whole reason I was looking into the tactical was the fact they had a high cap .45? What kind of issues do you see with the .45?

I run one in a blade-tech and stock the holster for the gun with no light.

The 45 has less mag components for me to tune the mags with. The gun is just as nice in that caliber just the mags are more difficult to do.

bushmasterar15
01-25-10, 23:23
How much are the Blade Tech DOH's for a SVI full length dust cover? Would be just like the tactical.

snaggletooth
01-26-10, 01:40
I run one in a blade-tech and stock the holster for the gun with no light.

The 45 has less mag components for me to tune the mags with. The gun is just as nice in that caliber just the mags are more difficult to do.

Sounds great, I'll have my FFL contact you soon with regards to getting a STI from you.

Mr. Smith
01-26-10, 11:08
Sounds great, I'll have my FFL contact you soon with regards to getting a STI from you.

Thank you Sir.

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-26-10, 12:26
Mr. Smith- what have you guys done to make STI 2011 mags run more consistantly, especially when getting a dirty - ie dusty really for what passes for dirt out west here?

Mr. Smith
01-26-10, 14:24
Mr. Smith- what have you guys done to make STI 2011 mags run more consistantly, especially when getting a dirty - ie dusty really for what passes for dirt out west here?

The work is too long to admit that we do for the mags but it involves cutting a witness hole and polishing the body for 5 days. We size the tubs and cut them for length.

*STI Magazine Tubes

*Grams Spring and Follower Kits

*Dawson SNL Base pad

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/SuperiorFirearms/STI%20%20stuff/170mags9mm.jpg

snaggletooth
01-27-10, 23:44
FromMyColdDeadHand I have a Blade-tech for my STI Edge and it stood up to Magpul Handgun class, no light obviously. I was looking at Tacticals, and the holster pickings are slim. I wonder if a Springfield Operator type holster would work?

Yes the holster will work.

Which Operator would that be? Isnt there two types? Also does safariland make a compatible type holster as well?

Mr. Smith
01-28-10, 08:32
Which Operator would that be? Isnt there two types? Also does safariland make a compatible type holster as well?

The blade-tech holster for the full length rail operator will work. I don’t know about the safari land products.