PDA

View Full Version : dont like the finger groove

fmhscopeland
01-25-10, 16:22
i just bought a m&p 15t and do not like the stock pistol grip and it is because of the finger groove. I ride high on the grip and it digs into the top of my ring finger and was looking at the magpul grip but it dosent look too much better. How is the tango down and the hogue grip? Anyone else have this problem that could recommend a grip for me.

ChicagoTex
01-25-10, 16:26
The Magpul MOE has no finger groove, the Magpul MIAD has interchangeable frontstraps, one of which has no finger groove.

TAman19
01-25-10, 16:29
I had the exact same problem. I finally bought a magpul MOE and absolutely LOVE it! You cant go wrong with the MIAD or MOE.

Failure2Stop
01-25-10, 17:27
While I prefer MIAD grips, one could easily simply dremel, file, and sand the bump off of the A2 grip. I have done it and found it very comfortable and only took me about 20 minutes to do with no extra expenses.

Just an option.

Ak44
01-25-10, 17:52
Tangodown is my preferred grip on my Ar's, I have small hands and it's very comfortable for me.

RogerinTPA
01-25-10, 18:07
MIAD's and MOE'S for me. The MOE, being the most cost effective and it's perfect for my hand size. Tango Down is GTG as well.

caelumatra
01-25-10, 19:34
I like Tango down as well, but I think for my next one I'm going Stark Enterprises

Dave_M
01-26-10, 00:59
Tangodown is my preferred grip on my Ar's, I have small hands and it's very comfortable for me.

Same here. Once I tried the TD pistol grip, I never went back.

Iraqgunz
01-26-10, 01:18
I really like the TD grip.

SWATcop556
01-26-10, 01:30
MOE for me. I bought the MIAD before there was a MOE and I run the medium backstrap with the smooth front which is basically the MOE.

The MOE plus the Magpul trigger guard (I prefer the metal one but that's just me) is a great combo and hard to beat.

The TD is GTG to but a little skinny for me.

Dave_M
01-26-10, 01:58
The TD is GTG to but a little skinny for me.

I find the MOE to be too large and uncomfortable. I also fully admit that I have girl hands & I use a high hold. This means that anything with a high back strap equates to a non-starter for me.

rychencop
01-26-10, 05:35
get the ergo grip.

tryken
01-26-10, 08:30
I'm an ergo grip guy.

ForTehNguyen
01-26-10, 09:50
check out the MIAD, change it out to fit your hand.

JonnyVain
01-26-10, 12:04
I feel the Stark SE is the best grip on the market. It takes all the shortcomings of every other grip and improves upon them. The only thing you don't have is a rubberized texture for those who like that.

The advantages it offers are:
Lower grip angle (think 1911 as opposed to Glock)
It pulls the hand down, more in line with the trigger.
Pulls the hand back so your finger tip is on the trigger, not the middle of your finger.
It fills and supports every part of your hand.

eagle5
01-26-10, 12:08
I didn't like the finger bump on my MIAD but wanted to maintain the uninterrupted trigger guard. A few minutes with a sanding belt mounted on a band saw and that annoying bump was history. I think it turned out well...

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q109/eagle5_stl/finger%20bump%20removal/P1020793.jpg

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q109/eagle5_stl/finger%20bump%20removal/P1020790.jpg

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q109/eagle5_stl/finger%20bump%20removal/P1020786.jpg

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q109/eagle5_stl/finger%20bump%20removal/P1020787.jpg

NCPatrolAR
01-26-10, 13:36
I use nothing but the TD grips on all of my ARs

Blob
01-26-10, 13:51
Another vote for the Tango Down grip. I tried a MOE and a MIAD and they're not for me.

tirod
01-28-10, 10:12
The #1 thing is whether you can get your fingers around the grip. The A1 was great for me, but building an AR leaves you no choice for color. Tango Down is the next, has an slight ergo swell, still fits smaller hands.

I suspect the Ergo grip would fall in next if it's anything like the one on my Hk91. That wasn't too big either.

Then the A2, which I dislike. Got used to it as there was no choice. It was an upsize for the A1 to fit bigger American hands. IIRC the Marines wanted it, which is funny considering how many smaller guys join ( including those from the Phillipines.)

Then all the backstrap filler grips come in. Lots are touted as having a better trigger finger relationship just like perfect auto pistol grips. I don't think it applies.

Auto pistols are held and shot with one hand, things have to be right for the balance and function of the gun. Funny, tho, how much controvery grip angle and width brings up on those forums. Nobody agrees there is one perfect one - just for themself.

Considering the AR is held up with 1) the shoulder 2) the trigger hand 3) the OTHER hand, getting an acceptable trigger hand grip isn't that necessary. Those that shoot CA AWB grip less AR's can testify to that.

Think about that - no grip at all but a nub, still shoots just fine.

Troy even intro'd an AK style grip so short you can't hold it any other way but one, according to their sales pitch.

The perfect grip is the one you find feels best to you - even down to almost no grip at all. Frankly, agonizing over the style and color is almost as important. Having the finger pad on the trigger with a short range carbine used for snap shooting isn't that necessary. And not that many really shoot long distance all day - but they can have want they want, too.

Size it and forget it.