PDA

View Full Version : AFHF-Memphis 30 -31 JAN-Who's Going?

dojpros
01-25-10, 17:48
Myself and a friend from KC are driving in. Another friend is meeting us and coming up from Houston.

I know the host and at least one of his instructors are taking the class so we are up to five of the 16 slots. Anybody else?

david
www.vcdgrips.com

ToddG
01-25-10, 22:59
I'll probably be there.

Wayne Dobbs
01-26-10, 12:14
I'm sure your attendance will make the class worthwhile!

ToddG
01-26-10, 13:15
I think Wayne is talking to you, dojpros. :cool:

dojpros
01-26-10, 13:33
Todd,

Well played.

DAB

Wayne Dobbs
01-26-10, 15:10
One thing you guys should consider and the host, Tom Givens, will back this up is that Memphis is the current violent crime capital of the USA. It even edges out Detroit (!) based on incidents of violent crime per 10K population. This also likely explains why Tom now has 51 students of his from Rangemaster training programs that have been involved in deadly force events.

Get your awareness and alertness switches on and if you can legally do so, carry your pistol with you wherever you go while there.

ToddG
01-26-10, 16:19
Very true. I told Tom that instead of just bringing my normal backup gun for teaching, I'm bringing a backup backup in case my primary is seized as evidence. :cool:

PPGMD
01-26-10, 16:37
One thing you guys should consider and the host, Tom Givens, will back this up is that Memphis is the current violent crime capital of the USA. It even edges out Detroit (!) based on incidents of violent crime per 10K population. This also likely explains why Tom now has 51 students of his from Rangemaster training programs that have been involved in deadly force events.

Get your awareness and alertness switches on and if you can legally do so, carry your pistol with you wherever you go while there.

Memphis also known as Mogadishu on the Mississippi.

When I went there I spent a few hours trying to figure out where to stay. After all Gold Dot is expensive.

Tom Givens
01-26-10, 18:08
How long does it take to walk to the bus station from here?

I don't know. Nobody ever made it.