PDA

View Full Version : SR-15 trigger problem...I think.

rlgdestroyu@hotmail.com
01-25-10, 19:14
Hi guys-

Looking for any information. I have as of 3 months ago a brand new SR-15 IWS. I finally was able to take it out and sight it in this last weekend. I inserted a mag chambered a round, fired. The gun spit the shell out, and chambered another round. This is where I ran into problems. I pulled the trigger and it didn't go bang. I pulled the charging handle and let it go, ejecting the unspent round and chambering a new one. The gun fired, ejected the shell and chambered another. I pulled the trigger again and it didn't fire. I had to manually pull the bolt and release to get the trigger (I think) to reset. The firing of the round wouldn't reset the trigger. I'm new to this platform, and its probably an easy fix, wanted to get comments and advice.

Thanks

BB01
01-25-10, 21:16
What type of ammo were you using?

rlgdestroyu@hotmail.com
01-25-10, 21:44
55 grain ammo from Tactical Ammo out of Oregon. My friend had his AR with us and we ran 200 rds through his without a hitch...

Iraqgunz
01-26-10, 01:26
Where was the hammer when you pulled the trigger and it did not go bang? It almost sounds like a bolt bounce issue, if I am reading this right.

Dano5326
01-26-10, 09:33
Bolt bounce would be a problem with an auto gun, not semi. Unfortunately I have seen this exact issue with KAC sr16's.

If you pull trigger, fire rd, and trigger does not reset when released.. or if you weren't paying attention.. bolt cycled and now you have a "dead" trigger

If one waits and appropriate time and takes all safety considerations. "dead" trigger + when you pull the upper off lower and find the hammer forward, bolt locked with a live rd. = trigger group issues

unfortunately I would see this from 3-4 times a mag which was easy to figure out... or rarely... have a guy confused once every 5-8 magazines, bring me a cleared and safe'd weapon.. and try to describe the problem.

Get ahold of an experienced armorer and see if you can reproduce it, sort out the diagnosis. It can be tricky to diag if infrequent.

In any case, in my experience contact KAC, they will make it right.

CarlosDJackal
01-26-10, 11:46
Just for clarification, did the gun go "click" when you pulled the trigger each second time?

It almost sounds like under-gassing. Have you tried a different make of ammo? Is the gas key loose?

rob_s
01-26-10, 11:48
I would be interested to know if the gun will lock back on an empty magazine. Put one round in the mag and fire, and try it with 10 different mags if you have them.

rlgdestroyu@hotmail.com
01-26-10, 13:16
I did some tinkering yesterday. There are two set screws on the KAC trigger group. They are to set the two different stages of the trigger. What was happening was that the firing mechanism would lock under the primary and the secondary was chatching the firing mechanism. I tried pulling the bolt back with the charging handle and letting it fly and it wouldn't happen, but when I pulled it back and rode the charging handle in, it wouldn't release the hammer. I messed with the set screw for the secondary and I could get it to work. Now I think that maybe I just adjusted the secondary out of existence though....I tried to look for information on adjusting a 2-stage trigger but couldn't find any, not even in my KAC operators/armorers manual. Thanks for weighing in guys.

RLG

Belmont31R
01-26-10, 14:08
One of the reasons why 2 stage triggers have a bad rap.

Im considering putting an SSA in my SR15 although I have not had any problems with the KAC trigger. If those screws walk out the whole gun will become inop.

KevinB
01-27-10, 07:03
Email me and we can either take the gun in on an RMA and re-set the trigger.

Or I can email you the trigger adjustment instructions.

Our triggers are set and trigger scanned at the factory - and loctited.
Very Rarely the trigger's set screws do not setup with the locitite and can back out - which is what it sounds like has happened to you.

We stand 110% behind our products and will make it right.

rlgdestroyu@hotmail.com
01-27-10, 18:33
Kevin-

Thanks for your help. I just want everyone to know how happy I am with your commitment to customer satisfaction. I will recommend Knights Armament to any potential customer. Thanks again.

Sincerely

RLG