PDA

View Full Version : Surefire G3?

Jon G23
03-29-07, 13:25
Has anyone here used the G3? I see that it is low cost and 105 lumens with an option of 200 lumens!!! (with P91 bulb)

THAT is one hot light!! I just wonder if anyone has used one and what they thought of it. Could it be used as a cheap mans weapon light or would a Pentagon be better for that? (X3 I think it is?)

xenophobe
03-29-07, 15:01
Has anyone here used the G3? I see that it is low cost and 105 lumens with an option of 200 lumens!!! (with P91 bulb)

THAT is one hot light!! I just wonder if anyone has used one and what they thought of it. Could it be used as a cheap mans weapon light or would a Pentagon be better for that? (X3 I think it is?)

I have no experience with the Pentagon, but the G3 is an excellent flashlight for the price. The 200 lumen option is rather pointless and you're going to burn through batteries under normal occassional use... not that batteries are expensive if you buy in bulk, it's just having it die when you need it the most and having to change out batteries every week or three would be annoying. Less than 20 minutes of light... if you need more light, get a bigger flashlight, IMO.

I have an E2D and L4... I didn't buy the E2D for looks, I was looking for better battery run times and since that was an in-stock item where I worked, it was a no-brainer, when we got the L4 in, I bought one of those for the truck too.

I actually prefer the halogen over the LED, but the LED makes better sense for an emergency light...

C4IGrant
03-29-07, 15:11
The G3 is a very good bargain for sure. I offer special M4C member pricing on SF items if interested.

C4

Jon G23
03-29-07, 19:50
Thanks Grant! I'll for sure ask you for a price before I buy any SF. I already have 2 E2D's too... do you think they are enough for a CQB type AR for in-home defense? My guess is... probably yes.

I just would like a WAY brighter light for some outdoors longer range stuff.

Jon

The G3 is a very good bargain for sure. I offer special M4C member pricing on SF items if interested.

C4

SuicideHz
03-29-07, 20:47
I think you'd be better off buying my M3 combat light for less than that price!

C4IGrant
03-30-07, 08:09
Thanks Grant! I'll for sure ask you for a price before I buy any SF. I already have 2 E2D's too... do you think they are enough for a CQB type AR for in-home defense? My guess is... probably yes.

I just would like a WAY brighter light for some outdoors longer range stuff.

Jon

The E2D is just fun for HD.

C4