PDA

View Full Version : Boxes for shipping uppers?

Mark21
01-26-10, 16:04
In the past, when I've sold an upper (like I just did with my RRA), I usually put them in a box that I got from Bravo or LMT or whatever new upper I had just bought.

Now I am going to sell a couple uppers but do not have replacements. Where can I get those awesome square boxes used by places like BCM? I've gone to the hardware store and USPS, but the closest I can find are poster tubes which don't work with my FSBs...

Any thoughts on the best way to ship these -- without having to buy another upper just for the box?! :)

Blob
01-26-10, 16:31
I acquired one from the UPS Store. It was the right length but about 6 inches square so I used some bubble wrap and packing peanuts to fill the space. Worked nicely and was free. :cool:

ColdDeadHands
01-26-10, 17:42
UPS store will make a box if they don't have one.

ckay
01-26-10, 20:12
I go to the UPS Customer Center and get the triangular cartons. They fit 20" uppers perfectly. Any smaller and I'll cut it down to fit.

Reddevil
01-26-10, 22:51
I use the USPS Priority triangle tubes from the post office when I send uppers to ADCO. Plenty of room to wrap bubble wrap around em.

5pins
01-26-10, 23:36
That is what I use also.

However you have to send it USPS Priority mail. If you want to send it UPS or Fedx, I have herd that boxes for Golf clubs work.

ST911
01-26-10, 23:49
Go to your local office supply store and buy one of the tubes that are used to hold plans, drawings, etc in.

ckay
01-27-10, 22:05
Go to your local office supply store and buy one of the tubes that are used to hold plans, drawings, etc in.

My worry of those is the end cap pops off.

scottryan
01-27-10, 22:08
The triangle boxes from USPS are free and work fine.

ST911
01-27-10, 22:10
My worry of those is the end cap pops off.

There are ones with plastic or cardboard ends, in addition to the slip-in light plastic end covers as well.

If you want to get really fancy, one could also use a piece of PVC and caps.