PDA

View Full Version : Magpul trigger guard design question

organdonor
01-26-10, 18:24
I have a Magpul trigger guard installed on my ar and I'm wondering why they didn't choose to get rid of both roll pins? Why not drill and tap the rear of the trigger guard to accept a screw like the front? I hate roll pins and can't see how it'd weaken the design any if done this way.

disclaimer: My Magpul guard has no Magpul emblem. I might have an older version and perhaps this has already been addressed.

citizensoldier16
01-26-10, 18:33
My Magpul guard has no Magpul emblem. I might have an older version and perhaps this has already been addressed.

Neither does mine, and I bought it not long after they came out. It's just an early model.

SWATcop556
01-26-10, 18:47
The MOE has the emblem. The metal one is smooth.

HeavyDuty
01-26-10, 19:38
I have a Magpul trigger guard installed on my ar and I'm wondering why they didn't choose to get rid of both roll pins? Why not drill and tap the rear of the trigger guard to accept a screw like the front? I hate roll pins and can't see how it'd weaken the design any if done this way.

disclaimer: My Magpul guard has no Magpul emblem. I might have an older version and perhaps this has already been addressed.

I hate roll pins, too - which is why all my TGs are Helicoiled 5-40 and attached with cap head screws.

Bushmaster225
02-23-10, 18:23
Where can I get some cap head screws?

Thanks

Iraq Ninja
02-23-10, 18:49
I don't mind roll pins at all. I do mind screws that fall out. Roll pins have an important role in military arms. How often are you planning on changing out your trigger guard?

Pappabear
02-23-10, 18:55
I have some of the metal smooth ones, and some plastic ones, with emblem. Does anyone have issue with the plastic vs. the metal?

I did not know there was a difference till after the fact. Not too worried, just curious from the guys in the know.

MrCleanOK
02-23-10, 19:03
I don't mind roll pins at all. I do mind screws that fall out. Roll pins have an important role in military arms. How often are you planning on changing out your trigger guard?

Agreed.

Bowser
02-23-10, 19:06
http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=1237

skyugo
02-23-10, 20:15

yeah i'm with ya on this.
screws are great if you wanna be able to change stuff out fast, otherwise pins and rivets are the way to go.