PDA

View Full Version : Glock Question

CDDM416
01-26-10, 18:38
I just installed a Ghost 3.5 connector, and a NY2 orange spring.
When I pull the trigger to dry fire, then the trigger moves back foward.
This is my carry gun, Im going to go to the the range
tomorrow and test fire it, but I wanted to check first.

Is that the way it should be, or did I miss something?

SWATcop556
01-26-10, 19:13
I'm not sure I'm understanding what your problem is. Can you give a more detailed description regarding what's happening?

varoadking
01-26-10, 19:35
I just installed a Ghost 3.5 connector, and a NY2 orange spring.
When I pull the trigger to dry fire, then the trigger moves back foward.
This is my carry gun, Im going to go to the the range
tomorrow and test fire it, but I wanted to check first.

Is that the way it should be, or did I miss something?

Does it reset so you now have repeated strike capability without racking the slide again...

CDDM416
01-26-10, 19:42
Ok, I pull the slide back, let it go and everything is good, I pull the trigger it dry fires, then when I release the trigger and it goes forward, it doesnt stay all the way to the rear.

CDDM416
01-26-10, 19:43
No, it doesnt reset.

M4arc
01-26-10, 19:45
No, it doesnt reset.

Did you rack the slide?

spamsammich
01-26-10, 19:45
I don't believe that style of spring will allow it to stay all the way back. It pushes up on the sear/trigger bar part a little.

CDDM416
01-26-10, 19:54
I don't believe that style of spring will allow it to stay all the way back. It pushes up on the sear/trigger bar part a little.

Thats what I was checking.

Cruncher Block
01-26-10, 19:59
If I understand the description correctly, every NY spring I've used does the same thing. It doesn't actually reset but the trigger doesn't stay fully to the rear.

It can be annoying when you're taking the gun apart because the slide won't come off unless the trigger is all the way back. I had to learn to release the striker, pull back the slide, pull down the takedown lever, then hold the trigger to the rear as I removed the slide.

CDDM416
01-26-10, 20:00
If I understand the description correctly, every NY spring I've used does the same thing. It doesn't actually reset but the trigger doesn't stay fully to the rear.

It can be annoying when you're taking the gun apart because the slide won't come off unless the trigger is all the way back. I had to learn to release the striker, pull back the slide, pull down the takedown lever, then hold the trigger to the rear as I removed the slide.

Yep, thats what its doing, I guess I can rest easy. Thanks.

556A2
01-26-10, 20:34
Its normal for the NY1 & NY2 trigger springs.

kaltblitz
01-27-10, 16:03
Why are you using the NY2?

I believe Glock only makes the (-) Connector (read that 3.5 lbs connector) available with the NY1 (olive colored) as a factory special order.

I don't believe the 3.5lbs/NY2 combo is recommended is something they recommend.

CDDM416
01-27-10, 17:29
I read it somewhere that was the combo to go with.
It really doesnt matter now. I went to test fire it today and I didnt like it at all.
I came back home and pulled the NY2 out and put the factory spring back in.
Thanks anyways everyone .

spamsammich
01-27-10, 18:08
I've never read of anybody recommending the NY2 and 3.5#connector. NY1 is the spring most commonly suggested.

SWATcop556
01-28-10, 00:17
Even though you dropped the combo, just FYI Glock does NOT recommend the NY2 with the (-) connector. Only the NY1, which is commonly used.

I prefer the stock setup myself.

Hat Creek
01-28-10, 09:15
The premium set up for a smooth trigger pull would be the OEM (-) connector and the black NY spring (no longer available from GLOCK). Next best is the olive green NY spring with the same connector.

OEM parts generally give the best service.

cathellsk
01-29-10, 00:00
I do believe the combo not recommended by the factory you guys are thinking of is the 8lb. (+) connector and any of the NY trigger springs.
I still prefer the standard setup myself.

CDDM416
01-29-10, 06:30
This is the thread I was thinking about, but after reading it over, I guess I got the colors wrong. But like I said I took the Orange spring back out.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=623&highlight=orange+spring