PDA

View Full Version : equipment exchange

buell37
01-27-10, 07:02
What do you have to do to be able to post on the equipment exchange.This is not like AR15.com. (good thing) I've been a member there for years . Its not what it use to be , Now you got to be careful what you say and who you say it to. If you see an over priced ugly ass gun , you better keep your mouth shut and opinions to yourself , lol.:) Anyway , I used to buy , trade and sell a lot of quality parts , looking to get back into it. Picked up a new COLT 6920 yesterday . I got the fever again. Thinking about picking up a bulk load of PMC .223 ammo . If anybody is interested

Robb Jensen
01-27-10, 07:34
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=37103

rokkandy
02-04-10, 13:06
I too, like another new member stated, am a transplant from another website. My main reasons for frequenting the sites are to become better educated, usually by reading with or without a search. Also, I like to utilize the exchange area to pick up needed pieces or to sell the ones no longer needed or wanted. But I also like to have the option to sell complete guns there also..
So I read that I that I have to congtribute 30 posts before I can participate.
Well I don't have much to participate in. I don't know enough to include myself in any of the other's conversations and posts.
So,... I think that your 'rule' for new member's is very counter productive and basically 'sucks'. Unfortunately, it does not look like you care to have anyone like me utilize your website with your control means in place. Very unfortunate. Knowledge is power I am learned and I have no doubt at all that I could learn much from your members and yourself, whoever reads this post. I want to quickly point out it is not a post that is directed at any one person. I am confident that it took more than just one individual to dcecide on this so called 'rule'.
If the staff and powers that be will read this, and if they will, with the understanding of my complaint, forego this 30 post requirement, and see fit to allow me full membership as with other sites, it will be greatly appreciated.

On the other hand, it would also be appriciated if the staff could explain why this 30 post requirement was put in place and what they hope to obtain from that. What is the worth of what they think they can get from it...

Regards.
rokkandy

Iraq Ninja
02-04-10, 14:00
I am not part of the staff, but I have a few comments.

I cannot remember the last time someone had a complaint about a transaction in the EE. Because it is community based, people get a certain degree of buyer's confidence that the product will be as stated.

If someone has something they really want to sell, there are better forums and even gunbroker or ebay (non firearm stuff).

Used firearms run the risk of being a lemon that someone wants to offload to someone else. I don't want to buy someone's problem.

If you have a better suggestion for safeguarding the EE transactions, I bet the admins will listen. All in all, our EE is like a garage sale on your street. You may know the seller and you know where to go if it doesn't go as planned.

Joe_Friday
02-04-10, 14:22
Wow... and his first post here.

Oh well, I agree with IN and the staff when they make a 30 post limit. I do not post a lot but I read here just about every day, and with the 30 post limit at least we can tell somewhat if the person is legit or just some jack leg who is trying to rip someone off. Personally, when I see someone such as yourself ask this question and complain about it when they just joined the site, I make a mental note to NOT buy from this individual. The same goes for people who post in BS threads and then post something for sale on their 30th post. I have used the EE on a couple of occasions for buying and selling, and have always had excellent results.

Hang around a little while, do a little reading and you may see that this site is way above the rest in knowledge and personable members.

rob_s
02-04-10, 14:27
So basically his bitch is that he contributes nothing to the site and is not content with only leaching information he also wants to leach off the membership as potential customers?

I have no issue with someone that reads and doesn't post because they don't feel they have anything to contribute, but to then complain that they can't sell things, on a site that isn't meant for selling to begin with...

Sounds to me like the EE rules are functioning as exactly the type of filter they are designed to. ;)

CoryCop25
02-04-10, 15:09
I too, like another new member stated, am a transplant from another website. My main reasons for frequenting the sites are to become better educated, usually by reading with or without a search. Also, I like to utilize the exchange area to pick up needed pieces or to sell the ones no longer needed or wanted. But I also like to have the option to sell complete guns there also..
So I read that I that I have to congtribute 30 posts before I can participate.
Well I don't have much to participate in. I don't know enough to include myself in any of the other's conversations and posts.
So,... I think that your 'rule' for new member's is very counter productive and basically 'sucks'. Unfortunately, it does not look like you care to have anyone like me utilize your website with your control means in place. Very unfortunate. Knowledge is power I am learned and I have no doubt at all that I could learn much from your members and yourself, whoever reads this post. I want to quickly point out it is not a post that is directed at any one person. I am confident that it took more than just one individual to dcecide on this so called 'rule'.
If the staff and powers that be will read this, and if they will, with the understanding of my complaint, forego this 30 post requirement, and see fit to allow me full membership as with other sites, it will be greatly appreciated.

On the other hand, it would also be appriciated if the staff could explain why this 30 post requirement was put in place and what they hope to obtain from that. What is the worth of what they think they can get from it...

Regards.
rokkandy

How about posting 30 intelligent questions so you can learn something and then you will have something to contribute to others that may ask the same questions in the future. In less than a year on this sight, I have learned more than I did in the 15 years I have owned an AR. Just my $.02 :cool:

Gatorhunt
02-14-10, 11:51
I am also a transplant from another (BRD) site. I have good feedback there under this same screen name (about 45 good deals) but as the OP has stated it isn't what it used to be. To rokkandy .. I think the rules here regarding the EE are in place to protect the current members of this site. Therefor I have no problem abiding by those rules and waiting. I look forward to the day I will be able to use the EE.

Jay Cunningham
02-14-10, 13:26
Sounds to me like the EE rules are functioning as exactly the type of filter they are designed to. ;)

I would tend to agree. ;)

Several of us (staff, mods, and admin) worked long and hard to come up with the new EE layout and rules. So far it has proven to be an overwhelming success.

I would say that if the only thing that you want to do on this website is sell stuff without contributing in some way to the community, then are are plenty of other sites that you can post ads.

Yes, M4C is different.

Bobert0989
02-17-10, 14:57
I agree with the rules and reg's, they make a lot of sense to me. I, too, read WAY more than actually contribute, and mot of my post-count was bulit by me asking questions and discussing topics with other members.

I found this site just before purchasing my first AR-15, because I wanted to find a group of people that could help me with my problems/questions, as well as share some of my personal ideas in the meantime.

The EE isn't to be used as a selling tool, but as a service, offered for FREE by this site's staff and sponsors. Don't use it if you don't like it, but don't complain about it... makes you look kinda ignorant... Just start using GunBroker as stated above.

Thanks to the Staff and Mods that keep this site full of USEFUL information!

~Bobby