PDA

View Full Version : Handled an LWRC REPR yesterday!!

dtibbals
01-27-10, 09:33
I actually saw one in person at a gun store while traveling and all I have to say is WOW. The hand guard is awesome! I would love to have one on an AR. I loved the rifle, nice trigger, good balance and you can just tell its a solid bad ass rifle. The only thing that sucks is the price. I am also not 100% sold on the charging handle, not sure if the LMT is a better design or if LWRC is. The LMT will probably be a year or more until we can get them, Larue maybe a little less and LWRC are starting to trickle out if you want to pay the price!!!

I had been thinking about selling my M1A Soccom II for a rifle like this. All I can say is if they can shoot I will buy one! Manual of arms is much closer to a standard 556 AR so in the training department that's probably a big plus!

I also looked at a POF 308 and I have to say it was pretty nice as well and about 1k cheaper than the LWRC. If I haven't heard such a mixed back over the POF I would just buy one of those until the other brands prices come down and we have real user feedback on the accuracy and reliability of all these new rifles.

So many choices now!!!!

gunadict
01-28-10, 08:06
I have a 20" REPR and I love it. It is worth the money to me. I got it a little cheaper since I ordered it when it was the SABR. LWRC is making a M6 SPR in 556 with the same hanguard. There is a video of it on YouTube if you look for LWRC 2010 Shot show.

dtibbals
01-28-10, 15:56
I have a 20" REPR and I love it. It is worth the money to me. I got it a little cheaper since I ordered it when it was the SABR. LWRC is making a M6 SPR in 556 with the same hanguard. There is a video of it on YouTube if you look for LWRC 2010 Shot show.

yea I saw that! I will buy one in a heartbeat when they are available!!! Love the barrel they put on it as well!!! I would even consider selling my LMT Piston if the LWRC is as sweet as I think it is. Only draw back to the LMT MRP rifles is a whole lot of rail that I don't need. The LWRC hand guard is the perfect solution!