PDA

View Full Version : Help me pick between Daniel Defense Lite or PRI forearm

Lucky Strike
01-27-10, 11:26
Going to get a new recce style upper from BCM and trying to decide between the DD Lite forearm or the PRI. Originally I was just going to go with DD as I have an Omega on another rifle and have been very happy with it. I've learned about the PRI rail though and it's definitely intriguing. Just looking for opinions from people who have used either (or preferably both). How hard is it to put on/take off the rail sections on the PRI? Any issues with front sight alignment on the PRI's?

Rifle will be used for home defense, carbine classes and general target shooting/plinking

Sone
01-27-10, 11:31
I have had both and still have the DD lite, I didnt like the placement of the rails on the PRI, it was a nice tube, easy to install but the location of the rails just didnt work out for me.

organdonor
01-27-10, 13:01
I'd choose the DD. Used to have an omega rail and it was really nice/lightweight.

01-27-10, 14:02
Daniel Defense.

SPDGG
01-27-10, 20:43
Have has both, & both are Great FF HG. But, my vote goes to Daniel Defense Lite Rail.

cop1211
01-27-10, 21:21
Have both. PRI.

SWATcop556
01-28-10, 00:05
For the intended uses you listed I would go with the DD. Do you really need a rail though? Not questioning, just asking.

Lucky Strike
01-28-10, 10:03
For the intended uses you listed I would go with the DD. Do you really need a rail though? Not questioning, just asking.

In this case yes since the upper is a recce style with low profile gas block so I'll need some place to put the flip up front sight. I also have a few accessories (TD stubby VFG and a larue QD bipod mount when I want to do longer range shooting).

9DivDoc
01-28-10, 13:00
Going to get a new recce style upper from BCM and trying to decide between the DD Lite forearm or the PRI. Originally I was just going to go with DD as I have an Omega on another rifle and have been very happy with it. I've learned about the PRI rail though and it's definitely intriguing. Just looking for opinions from people who have used either (or preferably both). How hard is it to put on/take off the rail sections on the PRI? Any issues with front sight alignment on the PRI's?

Rifle will be used for home defense, carbine classes and general target shooting/plinking

DD has a new forearm coming out this year...top rail with slick sides you can add
rails to..along with an interesting front grip mod...

SWATcop556
01-28-10, 14:14
In this case yes since the upper is a recce style with low profile gas block so I'll need some place to put the flip up front sight. I also have a few accessories (TD stubby VFG and a larue QD bipod mount when I want to do longer range shooting).

Sounds good. I would go with the DD.

decodeddiesel
01-28-10, 15:35
As much as I think the MK12 MOD0 was a wicked cool gun, the PRI rail was dropped for a reason. If you do end up using one then medium strength Loctite will be your best friend.

Cameron
01-28-10, 19:47
DD no doubt!