PDA

View Full Version : Front sling mount for magpul ms2 sling?

SpeedRock
01-27-10, 13:22
I normally use a vtac sling with a vtac lusa mount up front, but I'm going to take a magpul class in a week and I thought I'd use an ms2 sling to get the most out of it. Which mount would be best up front when converting the sling to a 2 point? Keep in mind, I can't wait for the new magpul mount. Class is in 6 days.

doug1193
01-27-10, 20:46
Heavy duty zip ties around the handguard/delta ring area will give you a place to clip in the sling. Also take a look at other posts here. Todd G. has a simple hardware store fix that will work with standard handguards.

Sparky5019
01-28-10, 06:21
CQD FSM is best. You have to cut a little metal from the "back side" of the loop but you can spray over that. That hump tends to rub against the lock jaw and may cause it to open if not locked closed. CQD had them in stock as of a week or so ago when I got one.

www.cqd.net

Sparky

trooper84
02-02-10, 19:57
My money is on the CQD FSM as well. I agree with Sparky5019 that you will have to dremel off a little material on the back side to make it optimal, but it doesn't take too much work. Hit it with your choice of spray paint and you're done...