PDA

View Full Version : ar15 help needed

papavillars
01-27-10, 18:29
I have three ar's, and have only fired one of them. i have had these for about fifteen years and need some help to determne what is the value or desireability of these. i promised one to my nephew when he graduated from college and that time is near. Here they are, they are all colts,
1. Sporter lightweight 7.62x39 w/ flash suppressor ser# LH 00xx42, I shot this one.
2. Ar 15A2 gov't carbine w/ flash suppressor,bayonet lug,and collapsable stock
.223 ser# GC 02xx18
3. Sporter match Hbar .223 ser# MH 05xx34

I would like to know the year of manufacture and which one would I should give him. Thanks for any info given. obvviously i do not shoot much only used the one to kill hogs at the farm

papavillars
01-30-10, 23:10
bump to top

SWATcop556
01-31-10, 02:26
I would call Colt with the model and serial numbers for a date of manufacture.

You can search Gunbroker and find similar rifles in age and condition and this will give you an idea of value and demand.

BillBond
01-31-10, 08:47
The first two around $1100 and the third one about $1000 in todays market.
If you asked a year ago add about $300.

The first one probably made in the early 90's and the second one late 80's.

If you like him let him take his pick.
If you don't give him #3

:cool:

ETA: Just remembered that I had one just like #2 and it sold for $2400 just before the end of the world in Y2K

buell37
01-31-10, 09:04
I have three ar's, and have only fired one of them. i have had these for about fifteen years and need some help to determne what is the value or desireability of these. i promised one to my nephew when he graduated from college and that time is near. Here they are, they are all colts,
1. Sporter lightweight 7.62x39 w/ flash suppressor ser# LH 00xx42, I shot this one.
2. Ar 15A2 gov't carbine w/ flash suppressor,bayonet lug,and collapsable stock
.223 ser# GC 02xx18
3. Sporter match Hbar .223 ser# MH 05xx34

I would like to know the year of manufacture and which one would I should give him. Thanks for any info given. obvviously i do not shoot much only used the one to kill hogs at the farm

If you want to put a value on them in order
If I was going to give one away #3 would be my first choice. #2 could bring a pretty penny one day, I would sock that one away. #1 continue to enjoy it . All 3 are nice weapons and he should be thrilled

papavillars
02-17-10, 09:42
BillBond, Buell, thanks for the replies last week on the value and desirability of my three colts. We had a record snow and lost all power. Four days later we had electricity, then I had to go to the farm and take care of the cows. Seems the consensus is 2,1,3 in order so my Nephew will probably receive #3. This should make him a nice shooter. I am thinking about buying him a conversion kit in .22 caliber so he can shoot a little cheaper.