PDA

View Full Version : SC - Armed burglar shot by home owner.

Irish
01-27-10, 20:26
http://www2.wspa.com/spa/news/local/article/spartanburg_deputies_investigate_home_invasion_shooting/32375/ Follow link for video.

A burglar was shot Tuesday morning by a homeowner in Spartanburg County.

The incident happened at a home at 632 Nodding Hill Road about 9:30 Tuesday morning. According to the Spartanburg County Sheriff’s Office, deputies found Rick Clary standing in the driveway of his home, shotgun in hand. Clary told investigators that he was asleep inside the home when he heard the sound of breaking glass. He then said he grabbed his shotgun, went to the backdoor, and saw someone reaching through the broken door window, trying to unlock the door. Clary fired one shot at the suspect, saying he believed he hit the suspect with the shot.

Two suspects fled on foot, but left a car registered to Apple Auto Rental, along with a 9mm pistol. The pistol turned out to be stolen.

Soon afterwards, a 16-year-old male juvenile arrived at a local emergency room, suffering from shotgun wounds to his hand and forearm. Investigators were able to determine that the teen was one of the individuals involved in the break-in. The juvenile, identified as Jamarous Rogers, has been charged as an adult, with one count each of Burglary 1st Degree and Possession of a Weapon during a Violent Crime. Investigators are searching for two more suspects.

DON'T USE BIRDSHOT YOU IGNORANT HILLBILLY!

Bobert0989
01-28-10, 04:07
http://www2.wspa.com/spa/news/local/article/spartanburg_deputies_investigate_home_invasion_shooting/32375/ Follow link for video.

DON'T USE BIRDSHOT YOU IGNORANT HILLBILLY!

Or at least take the time to make three steps closer before firing! I think birdshot would suffice at about 3-5 feet! Lol

Irish
01-28-10, 09:49
Or at least take the time to make three steps closer before firing! I think birdshot would suffice at about 3-5 feet! Lol

Why not just use a suitable self defense round to begin with, you never know how much time you're gonna have ;)

Business_Casual
01-28-10, 09:49
With birdshot, one might have a foul result...

M_P

Business_Casual
01-28-10, 20:43
Irish,

I said, with birdshot, one might have a foul result...

M_P

Dunderway
01-28-10, 21:54
Burlars do seem to run in flocks these days, lucky for him they chickened out.:rolleyes:

Did the story even mention bird shot? Was a hand-shot with 00 buck supposed to kill him or something?

Business_Casual
01-28-10, 22:19
Those loads are for the birds.

And, yes, the story both states that it was birdshot and the damage to the door looks like a trap or skeet load hit it.

M_P

Irish
01-28-10, 22:42
More than just a case of foul play at work here.

Iraqgunz
01-28-10, 22:52
He definitely should have "ducked".

Steve
01-28-10, 22:56
No skeet........:D

13F3OL7
01-29-10, 00:25
With birdshot, one might have a foul result...

M_P

Funny, but boo.

More seriously though, when loading a shotgun for defensive purposes, what sort of round is preffered?

Irish
01-29-10, 00:31
Funny, but boo.

More seriously though, when loading a shotgun for defensive purposes, what sort of round is preffered?

Seriously, quit clucking around!

Here's a starter thread for you https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?p=528218 Check out the ammo threads and try doing a search on shotgun loads.

Bobert0989
01-29-10, 13:09
Funny, but boo.

Mine's loaded with 3.5" 00-Buck shot...

I think it would suffice. ;)

Dunderway
01-29-10, 17:59
Those loads are for the birds.

And, yes, the story both states that it was birdshot and the damage to the door looks like a trap or skeet load hit it.

M_P

My mistake. I thought the entire story was posted, so I didn't bother to click on the link.

Irish
01-30-10, 12:11
My mistake. I thought the entire story was posted, so I didn't bother to click on the link.

It was, the video detailed the shooter as using birdshot.