PDA

View Full Version : BCG-Confused

payj
01-27-10, 22:53
Was on another forum and a member said that if a bcg is made properly then it does not need to be staked. Is that true? If that is, then why do many top manufactures stake their's? Such as bcm, lmt, DD etc I would assume theirs are "made right" He used a YM bcg and its not staked, which is i guess how it is suppose to be.:confused:

Jimbo45
01-27-10, 23:00
Short answer: It is not "made properly", if it is not staked. That member didn't know what he was talking about.

bkb0000
01-27-10, 23:04
"made properly" has nothing to do with "assembled properly." proper assembly includes staking- it's an absolute requirement

payj
01-27-10, 23:37
is YM looked at as a top bcg maker? I guess they don't stake theirs.

organdonor
01-27-10, 23:50
is YM looked at as a top bcg maker? I guess they don't stake theirs.they make decent BCGs. if you want a Young, it's easy enough to stake the key yourself. however, there's nothing special about Young. you may as well buy from another manufacturer who'll have done the staking for you. BCM and LMT both make mil-spec BCGs.

SWATcop556
01-27-10, 23:58
Was on another forum and a member said that if a bcg is made properly then it does not need to be staked. Is that true? If that is, then why do many top manufactures stake their's? Such as bcm, lmt, DD etc I would assume theirs are "made right" He used a YM bcg and its not staked, which is i guess how it is suppose to be.:confused:

Total bullshit. As was said "properly assembled" means staked. Get a BCM BCG and then you have "properly made," "properly assembled," and "properly staked" all in one. :cool:

payj
01-28-10, 00:07
I have been eyeing up bcm and thats what I will get. i just came across that and that is what was said. I thought bs too. Otherwise bcm and all the rest would not stake theirs. anyways thanks for the help. I needed that clarified.

payj
01-28-10, 00:11
here is what was said. The yes, its correct is referring to my quesition of "is it not suppose to be staked"

"Yes, its correct. You absolutely, positively, do not stake a Young Chrome BCG. They are made the correct way, and have been used in full autos for years, with no known failures. A properly made BCG does not need to be staked. There is no "safety precaution" with a properly made BCG, simply put.. a properly made BCG will not need staking."

organdonor
01-28-10, 00:32
here is what was said. The yes, its correct is referring to my quesition of "is it not suppose to be staked"

"Yes, its correct. You absolutely, positively, do not stake a Young Chrome BCG. They are made the correct way, and have been used in full autos for years, with no known failures. A properly made BCG does not need to be staked. There is no "safety precaution" with a properly made BCG, simply put.. a properly made BCG will not need staking."he should let our military know. :rolleyes:

bkb0000
01-28-10, 01:08

"Yes, its correct. You absolutely, positively, do not stake a Young Chrome BCG. They are made the correct way, and have been used in full autos for years, with no known failures. A properly made BCG does not need to be staked. There is no "safety precaution" with a properly made BCG, simply put.. a properly made BCG will not need staking."

ack.. where exactly is this drivel coming from??

SWATcop556
01-28-10, 02:12

The spread of misinformation continues.

Iraqgunz
01-28-10, 02:19
The next time you speak to this AR "expert" simply ask him why is there a procedure in the technical manual for torquing and staking the carrier key screws? I have seen them loosen on a certain manufacturer that has been discussed here time and time again.

Quib
01-28-10, 06:01
The next time you speak to this AR "expert" simply ask him why is there a procedure in the technical manual for torquing and staking the carrier key screws? I have seen them loosen on a certain manufacturer that has been discussed here time and time again.

It never ceases to amaze me how people ignore the procedures in the TM. We see it online daily on the forums we frequent, and I’ve battled with it professionally for two and a half decades.

I can research and print out a MM reference for an individual. Review the procedure with them. Even go over special tools and consumables needed. As soon as they hit go, all that preparation goes in one ear and right out the other.

scubadds
01-28-10, 07:41
That has to be a misunderstanding.

I bet the other poster ment "a properly made bolt carrier" is by definiton already staked, and it doesn't need to be "restaked".
In other words, "you" don't need to stake a properly made bolt carrier (as its allready be done...)

organdonor
01-28-10, 10:08
That has to be a misunderstanding.

I bet the other poster ment "a properly made bolt carrier" is by definiton already staked, and it doesn't need to be "restaked".
In other words, "you" don't need to stake a properly made bolt carrier (as its allready be done...)nope. because Young doesn't stake their keys. or, they didn't a while back. it's clear that he's defending that practice.

payj
01-29-10, 03:04
organ donor you are right....He is saying it doesnt need to be staked period, nor does ANY other bcg that has been done properly. :eek:

spamsammich
01-29-10, 10:36
I know at least one vendor that stakes YM BCGs before selling them. I suggest you never go back to that other forum for information on the AR platform.

payj
01-29-10, 21:19
Well I went onto the other forum and kindly informed him. I'm sure he is set on his ways, but all ya can do is try to help right? anyways well see what he says....