PDA

View Full Version : Why is it a good idea to let Corporations and Foreign nations contribute.....

Phazuka
01-28-10, 00:20
to political campaigns? Doesn't this ruling subvert democracy? The citizen will have less say, or absolutely no say unless they have the money to offset the tremendous amount of money corporations can throw into a political campaign. Please explain why this ruling was a good thing.

parishioner
01-28-10, 00:27
http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=45501

gets heated but started out good

chadbag
01-28-10, 01:25
I am not sure that foreign nationals / foreign nations limitations have been raised or eliminated by this ruling?

The ruling allows corporations and other organizations to run independent / non coordinated ads etc during a campaign for or against whomever they want. It does not allow them to directly donate to a candidate

dookie1481
01-28-10, 01:47
to political campaigns? Doesn't this ruling subvert democracy? The citizen will have less say, or absolutely no say unless they have the money to offset the tremendous amount of money corporations can throw into a political campaign. Please explain why this ruling was a good thing.

Because it violated the 1st Amendment. I kinda like that one.

Jay

Business_Casual
01-28-10, 07:19
It doesn't, they are lying to you again.

M_P

ForTehNguyen
01-28-10, 07:52

when you go and vote in the cube, all it is is you, your conscience, and the candidate you voted for. From a citizens point of view, there is no such thing as buying votes, or else Ross Perot would've won.

The govt has no authority to regulate who has and doesnt have unalienable rights nor does it have the authority to tell corporations what they can spend their money on. Its also funny that some people would try to take away unalienable rights from those who they find unappealing...like mean corporations.

"You cant take money out of politics. As long as you have $3 trillion taxed and spent by the Federal Govt, there will always be people trying to get control of that"
-CATO Institute

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-28-10, 09:40
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3288/2961175776_b341ca0fc5.jpg

chadbag
01-30-10, 00:47
The other thread has been closed so I will post this here:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704094304575029791336276632.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

Outlander Systems
01-30-10, 07:45
It doesn't, they are lying to you again.

M_P

Dude, I love you.

montanadave
01-30-10, 07:52
America--the best democracy money can buy! :rolleyes:

dbrowne1
01-30-10, 08:45
I am not sure that foreign nationals / foreign nations limitations have been raised or eliminated by this ruling?

The ruling allows corporations and other organizations to run independent / non coordinated ads etc during a campaign for or against whomever they want. It does not allow them to directly donate to a candidate

Money is not speech, nor is it a vote.

Nothing in this ruling allows corporations or foreign nationals to vote, nor to tell you how to vote.

Redmanfms
01-30-10, 14:58

The ruling does neither.