PDA

View Full Version : larue rail cant?

Mr. Goodtimes
01-28-10, 10:47
I installed a Larue 11.0 on my BCM middy yesterday. Everything seemed lined up between the upper and the rail, however, upon taking it to the range to get it sighted in, I had to dial in 11 clicks of windage on my MBUS. Is this acceptable or should i reinstall the rail and try again?

ForTehNguyen
01-28-10, 11:09
ive had to dial windage in that much a few times even on non railed systems with a FST. Im assuming you started from mechanical zero?

Mr. Goodtimes
01-28-10, 11:16
ive had to dial windage in that much a few times even on non railed systems with a FST. Im assuming you started from mechanical zero?

yea i started from mechanical zero.

Cameron
01-28-10, 11:17
I wish mine only needed 11 clicks....

Mr. Goodtimes
01-28-10, 11:27
I wish mine only needed 11 clicks....

damn, i reckon im doin alright then.

bkb0000
01-28-10, 11:34
11 clicks is nothing.. that can be from the rail, the buis, POI shift from changing barrel nut, or any combination

SWATcop556
01-28-10, 14:18
I wouldn't worry about 11clicks too much. If you had it bottomed out to the left or right then I would say something wasn't setup correctly.

You should be able to visually see if your rail is offset one way or the other.

decodeddiesel
01-28-10, 15:29
I wouldn't worry about 11clicks too much. If you had it bottomed out to the left or right then I would say something wasn't setup correctly.

This was my philosophy as well as an armorer.

Sparky5019
01-28-10, 15:36
I did the same thing and the top rail is dead nuts square to the upper. I had to move my rear BUIS almost all the way to the left. I thought it had more to do with the torque on the barrel nut required the line up the next hole than the rail itself.

Sparky

Overton-AR
01-28-10, 18:51
If you are using a Troy BUIS, then you may want to check if for a couple things. I have received 2 of them lately with the "bolt hole" drilled crooked. The retaining bolt that runs through the rail slot, yea.....that hole. On the shooters right side....the edge of the hole should be at the deepest part of the "V" in the sight. I had 2 of them that were machined "out of whack". This caused my reticle to need a "far right" position to on the POI. Troy stood behind my first one, and they are currently "inspecting" my second one. Good luck.

Mr. Goodtimes
01-28-10, 20:30
If you are using a Troy BUIS, then you may want to check if for a couple things. I have received 2 of them lately with the "bolt hole" drilled crooked. The retaining bolt that runs through the rail slot, yea.....that hole. On the shooters right side....the edge of the hole should be at the deepest part of the "V" in the sight. I had 2 of them that were machined "out of whack". This caused my reticle to need a "far right" position to on the POI. Troy stood behind my first one, and they are currently "inspecting" my second one. Good luck.

its an MBUS. im just gonna leave it be. its already zeroed, and the the rail does not appear canted, it actually appears dead nuts aligned with the upper.