PDA

View Full Version : Now I Know Why I Come Here.

geminidglocker
01-28-10, 12:14
I was browsing the "Other Site" last night for the first time. I was checking out their "AR Pistol Picture Thread". About 30% of the pistols were Felonys. You can't put a Carbine/Collapsable Stock Buffer Tube/Receiver Extension on a Pistol. Oh, and VFGs on Pistols? But wait, it got better. A few guys were saying that their Kel-Tecs were "AR Pistols". So now any pistol that fires 5.56/.223 is an AR???? Oh, and a Sig 556 pistol is an AR too. I think I'll steer clear of that site, PERIOD. I recommend that anybody else do the same, especially the new guys, as that site could be a dangerous influence. I think that if the BATFE was going to monitor firearms forums sites, they'de have their work cut out for them over there. I glad that I hang out here with you guys.:)

5pins
01-28-10, 12:40
TOS is like a prostitute. It makes you feel dirty and you try to hide it but sometimes…

There are a few parts of the place I like, but the rest is like Glock Talk.

tusk212
01-28-10, 12:47
I have given up that place due to the majority over there being anti-LEO.

one
01-28-10, 14:30
I thought there was a letter floating a few years ago from BATFE stating that you could use a carbine buffer on a pistol? Did they change that or was that improper information at that point?

geminidglocker
01-28-10, 14:43
I beleive that would be False, seeing as how the Cabine buffer tube is capable of accepting the Collapsable Stock. Like if you had a Sig 556 SBR, sans stock, and tried to pass it off as a pistol.

Belmont31R
01-28-10, 14:48
The tech forums are shit now. Full of GD type posts/posters who do not contribute anything technical and just stir shit up. Every thread turns into a shit fest and brand bashing.

tracker722
01-28-10, 14:56
I have given up that place due to the majority over there being anti-LEO.

AMEN!!! That is why I never joined that site.

JonnyVain
01-28-10, 16:17
TOS is like a prostitute. It makes you feel dirty and you try to hide it but sometimes…

What is TOS?

I assume we're talking about ARFcom. I once got a 'timeout' from there for asking two guys if they were mature enough to own firearms due to the nature of their argument over a cosmetic flaw on a Colt. You can't post anything without starting an argument. It seems like at least half the people there only care about the way their guns look and judge what works for other people. Every time I put up a picture of my rifle, I got a few comments about how ugly my grip was (Stark) and that I should put an Miad on it. And I just can't say no to an argument for some reason, so I run with it.

geminidglocker
01-28-10, 16:30
Not to Hijack my own thread, but I used a Stark on my Pistol build and I absolutely LOVE IT!

5pins
01-28-10, 18:54
What is TOS?

TOS = the other sight = AR15.com.

sandman99and9
01-28-10, 19:32
TOS = the other sight = AR15.com.

TOS = Tons Of Shit !!!

S.M.

Darkop
01-28-10, 19:59

I only go to TOS for the Hometown forum. Now if M4C had a Hometown forum!!

Until that day,
Darkop

sparky241
01-28-10, 20:35
i looked around on the tos before signing up here. All i can say is they like the smell of their own farts.they think "If i aint a colt of a shrub gun then its junk" or my rifle always better"

Jay Cunningham
01-28-10, 20:37
I think we all know that M4C is the best site of its kind. Let's leave the other sites to their own business.

We do appreciate the enthusiasm, though.

;)