PDA

View Full Version : Need Noveske Info....

Razorhunter
03-30-07, 17:13
Guys,
I need some help here, in trying to decide on a rifle I would like to purchase, or design and have built ?? maybe.

Anyhow, I ultimately would just rather find an SR-25 7.62 rifle, and then I would be all happy, and I wouldn't even be posting this thread.
I doubt that is going to happen, SO I would like to look at other 7.62 options.
My goal, is to build (or have built), a similar 7.62 rifle, that will be somewhat of a precision long range gun if you will (or at least that's what I'm calling it). Leupold or Nightforce scope up top, etc, etc.
Anyhow, I am not really dying to go out and purchase a stock DPMS or Armalite AR10, and I'm wondering if another option for an ultra sweet 7.62 rifle would be something from Noveske maybe?
SO, I'm really just trying to figure out what exactly Noveske offers? I mean, do they offer a lot more than the rifles that are on their website?
I like the project Leonidas idea, but it's an SBR, and I'm really looking for something more along the lines of a 7.62 SPRish type rifle.
SO, what exactly does Noveske offer? Do they build any type of rifle their customers want, or do they just build what's on their website?????
I've never really known what exactly Noveske offers.
Another thing I've been unclear on, is what uppers and lowers do they offer? I see if you click on some of their rifles, it shows down at the bottom pricing for "DPMS or Armalite", so I'm ASSUMING this means you can have them build said rifle with either DPMS or Armalite uppers and lowers maybe????
What's the deal here guys?

I'm just trying to decide on a very high quality 7.62 SPR-ish type rifle because I can't get my hands on an SR-25 very reasonably right now.
As for bbl length, I'm not totally sure, but I'm thinking of something maybe 20" or so?? Maybe even a bit longer. I'm just not sure as of yet. I do know that I want something that might (to some people) be considered a step up from a regular DPMS or Armalite AR10...

SO, is Noveske a good option for this situation??? Thanks for any info you guys could share with me..

idk
03-30-07, 22:49
If you look in there barrel section under 7.62 he has 18" and 21" barrels for sale and a SPR has a 18" barrel. I'm sure he could build you any thing you wanted for a small stash of money. He has some nice stuff. I'm in the process of building a leonidas clone.
Roger

FJB
03-30-07, 22:52
Call John Noveske. John is a great guy and his guns are the best. I have shot Project Leonidas several times and it is utterly reliable. You will not be disappointed.

S/F

idk
03-30-07, 23:53
I would give my right you now what to shoot a real leonidas.
Roger

usmcgrunt
03-31-07, 01:33
There are a variety of ways you could go with this project Paul! There is an SASS project that you could sink your teeth into, nice rig but a bit pricey for me! Have a rifle built by GA Precision, I have heard good things about his AR's in 7.62, but again a bit pricey for me! Im sure if you contact Noveske they could build you whatever you want! Good luck, I know your gonna need it!:D

Grunt Out!

Razorhunter
03-31-07, 13:43
GA Precision eh? Never heard of em... I'll have to check them out. Website?

Cold Zero
03-31-07, 16:43
another vote for noveske rifleworks. john is a pleasure to deal with and has great products.:D

03humpalot
03-31-07, 17:48
GA Precision eh? Never heard of em... I'll have to check them out. Website?

www.gaprecision.net They built me a boltgun last year that is wicked accurate and built like a tank. Highly recommended.

bones
04-01-07, 08:12
Another vote for GA Precision