PDA

View Full Version : FULL -Vickers Tactical 1-Day Basic Handgun Class - Fuquay-Varina, NC‎ - June 12, 2010

VA_Dinger
01-28-10, 17:12
THIS CLASS IS NOW FULL. Thank you to everyone who signed up. Trust me, this will be one awesome class.

Vickers Tactical 1-Day Basic Handgun Class - Fuquay-Varina, NC‎ - June 12, 2010

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/va_dinger/vickers-tactical-logo.jpg

www.vickerstactical.com

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/va_dinger/lav-hk45.jpg

Larry Vickers is a retired career special operations soldier with 20-plus years of service to our country. A longtime 1st SFOD- Delta operational member, he was a key player in the small arms marksmanship expertise and weapons selection of that Unit. He brings a very unique set of skills to the market, and has a wide and varied background in the firearms industry.

Select Special Operations , Military, and Law Enforcement Units seek him out on a regular basis for expert combat marksmanship training. Considered one of the best combat marksmanship instructors in the U.S, he has become one of the most sought after instructors in the Worldwide Special Operations community.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/va_dinger/logo.jpg

Grey Group Training:
www.greygrouptraining.com

Vickers Tactical 1-Day Basic Handgun Class - Fuquay-Varina, NC‎ - June 12, 2010

This class is an entry level course for handgun shooters and is designed specifically for those who have not had any formal instruction or those who wish a refresher class. Topics covered include the following: safety, stance, grip, sight alignment and trigger control. Familiarization with their service pistol includes field stripping and maintenance. In addition to this, other topics that are covered include reloads, draw, and introduction to different skill drills including dry fire and bullseye shooting.

Primary Instructor: Larry Vickers

- Class dates: June 12, 2010

- Cost: $250

- Range facilities:

www.drakelanding.net/pistolpit.html

- Class size: Maximum sixteen students

Weapon & Gear Class Requirements:

- Eye and Ear Protection (electronic hearing protection is preferred)
- Serviceable handgun of at least 9mm Para caliber
- Serviceable holster
- Minimum one double magazine pouch / Ability to carry minimum of two magazines
- Minimum of three serviceable magazines (5 is better)
- 500 rounds of ammunition
- Suitable range wear depending on the season
- Good attitude

If you are interested in attending this class please use this link to the Grey Group Training sign-up page:
http://stores.greygrouptraining.com/-strse-3412/LAV-1-dsh-Day-Basic-Handgun/Detail.bok

If you have any additional questions please feel free to contact me;
training@greygrouptraining.com

M4arc
02-08-10, 15:16
Dinger, PM sent. I'm in.

ETA: Nevermind, I ended up going to the website and signed up.

Business_Casual
03-25-10, 08:55
I want two spots, please.

M_P

VA_Dinger
03-26-10, 06:36
I want two spots, please.

M_P

No problem and welcome aboard my friend.

I just sent you a PM.

SHIVAN
04-06-10, 15:11
In...

M4arc
04-06-10, 15:21
In...

Hey Dinger, I'm not going to be able to make it...something came up at work...yeah, that's it. BTW it has nothing to do with Shivan attending, nothing at all.

:D

SHIVAN
04-06-10, 18:45
Hey Dinger, I'm not going to be able to make it...something came up at work...yeah, that's it. BTW it has nothing to do with Shivan attending, nothing at all. :D

That cuts me deep Marc, very deep. Er, not really but...

M4arc
04-06-10, 20:55
That cuts me deep Marc, very deep. Er, not really but...

Just kidding dude. It will be fun!

SHIVAN
04-06-10, 21:11
Just kidding dude. It will be fun!

Make sure you bring me a b-day present too. :p

JSantoro
05-04-10, 23:48
Well, I tossed my money in the pot. Does the fact that it shows "backordered" of the confirmation from GG mean that there's a waiting list for the class?

VA_Dinger
05-05-10, 00:44
Well, I tossed my money in the pot. Does the fact that it shows "backordered" of the confirmation from GG mean that there's a waiting list for the class?

Welcome aboard.

The "backordered" is just a glitch in the system that pops up from time to time. The class still shows in your shopping cart and the sale proceeds normally.

JSantoro
05-05-10, 06:18
Sweeeeeeeeet

MGD
05-05-10, 21:37
Signed up about a month ago. This will be my first course. Very excited to meet everyone

VA_Dinger
05-12-10, 18:48
FYI: We are down to just two open seats for this class. If anybody is interested but has questions please let me know. I am always glad to help.

Thanks,

Paul

VA_Dinger
05-16-10, 08:57
The class email for this class just went out last night. If anyone signed up and did not receive the email please let me know ASAP. Everyone should have the start time, directions, lodging suggestions, required weapon/gear list again, etc.

The start time is 08:30 at the range.

See you guys on the range.

Thanks,

Paul

MGD
05-28-10, 14:08
Can I ask a question abou gear for this? I don't carry so I don't have any experience with holsters. A friend gave me a safariland model 568 paddle holster for my glock 17. Will this work for me for this course or should I invest in something else that is custom fit in kydex? I didn't want to rush into purchasing something before knowing all the options. I do have a wilderness instructors belt. Any thoughts or comments? Thanks

JSantoro
05-28-10, 14:19
This class is an entry level course for handgun shooters and is designed specifically for those who have not had any formal instruction or those who wish a refresher class.

^^^Barring different info from somebody more in the know and given that it's a basic class, I think that as long as it's a holster made for your gun and positively retains it, you'll be just fine.

VA_Dinger
05-31-10, 21:59
Can I ask a question abou gear for this? I don't carry so I don't have any experience with holsters. A friend gave me a safariland model 568 paddle holster for my glock 17. Will this work for me for this course or should I invest in something else that is custom fit in kydex? I didn't want to rush into purchasing something before knowing all the options. I do have a wilderness instructors belt. Any thoughts or comments? Thanks

As Mr. JSantoro so perfectly answered your Safariland model 568 and wilderness instructors belt will work perfectly. I know several instructors who use the Safariland 568 everyday. All you will need is two magazine pouches or one double mag pouch to be good to go.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. I am always glad to help.

Thanks,

Paul

PT Doc
06-10-10, 19:52
Any decent BBQ joints near the HI Express?

Amp Mangum
06-11-10, 09:32
Smithfield Chicken 'n' BBQ is near by. It's fast food but not bad.

NCPatrolAR
06-11-10, 10:20
It looks like it is going to be about 95 degrees tomorrow at the range. I'd make sure I had plenty of fluids to drink and some sun block. :)

JSantoro
06-13-10, 13:08
It was balls-hot, but that was a. Great. Freakin'. Time.

The heat level made for a very nice test of the Comp-Tac Minotaur I'd gotten for my M&P .45 mid.

-Gun got sorta hot during a couple of drills, but I didn't feel a thing, holstered.
-Didn't notice how much sweat soaked into the leather until I got back to my hotel to shower and change.
-It took until about 3/4 of the class-time for my undershirt to become untucked enough (from multiple draws) to be an obstruction worry. That's at least a 200% improvement.
-Gun is very snug to the body without interfering with my ability to get my initial grip for a good draw.

Reeeeeeally like the thing. Money well spent. Need to pick up a couple sets of overhooks in 1.5". I have them in 1.75" and was using a 1.5" belt, and it worked out fine, but figure that my undershirts are far more likely to stay in place if I take away that little extra increment of movement from the inevitable holster shift caused by drawing and holstering.

What was that final distance we were at on the steel walk-back? About 60-70m, right?

It was great meeting everybody, and thanks, guys!