PDA

View Full Version : My new and 1st HAK

newyork
01-28-10, 17:21
Got this today in the mail. it's a Hideaway knife. They had my size in stock. I also got a sheath with belt wrap. William proceeded to send me another sheath on a J hook belt loop and yet a 3rd sheath with a chain attached for neck carry. Also came with a breath mint (Lifesaver), 2 zip ties, cord wraps in different colors, a sticker and more.
Bad cell phone pics but here she is:
http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/tt134/rslamiroult/IMG00018-20100128-1550.jpg
http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/tt134/rslamiroult/IMG00017-20100128-1550.jpg

SeriousStudent
01-28-10, 19:25
Sweet! Are they still in business?

I got a HAK through a friend, who bought a pair of them off TOS. I have it rigged inside my church blazer.

I do like the cord-wrapped handle, I think it makes it easier to deploy and use.

newyork
01-28-10, 21:58
They're still in business. They had my size in stock. Gave me a ton of extras. Great knife. 3 days from ordering to delivery

Vic303
01-31-10, 11:03
Good to see that HAK is recovering. Yours looks just like mine...

Dennis
02-01-10, 18:57
I have one but having a hard time figuring out a good carry/deployment method. Basically it's only useful when both your knuckles are through the hole, but it's hard to do that when the knife is against your skin/shirt/pouch. You can only get your first set of knuckles through and then you have to wiggle it the rest of the way which isn't very tactical. It it was rigged/suspended in way that you could stick both your knuckles through at once then it would work more as advertised.

Maybe I am missing something?

Dennis.

CCK
02-01-10, 22:25
I have a Kabar TDI last ditch that i run right behind my belt buckle and can grab with a finger tip if necessary. 2 things I've thought after carrying this way for a few months now. 1 if I think i may need it I can discreetly draw it and hide it from view. 2 its fast enough with just one finger through loop to be effective for a neck shot (1.5" blade) that my main target.

Chris

newyork
02-02-10, 07:05
One of the extra things they sent me with the HAK was a J loop with sheath attached. I keep it directly to the right of my belt buckle and left of a belt loop. It is nicely hidden. If I lift my shirt and just suck in a little bit, its very easily accessible. With practice it could be very fast. I hope. :)