01-28-10, 19:26
thats the one

out of stock i think its an older product

thanks

hit me up if u find similar

my google fu is weak tonight

NCPatrolAR
01-29-10, 00:56
I dont which ones they still have; but 21st Centuary tactical in Fayetteville, NC had some of these several weeks ago. You may want to give them a call.

Iraq Ninja
01-29-10, 10:12
Big,

Before you get too carried away with this pouch, think about your requirements now and for the future. This style of pouch doesn't have any flexibility in terms of modifications. I prefer a molle shingle and a separate pistol pouch that can be removed if needed.

It is a good pouch for a specific purpose.

biglou13
01-31-10, 19:45
links or pics of your rig please

Sone
01-31-10, 21:51
PM sent lou

piggly_wiggly
02-02-10, 08:06
There are a host of single M4 mag options from various manufacturers which will give you the same function as the 1 + 2, while remaining modular. As previously mentioned there are other options that can keep your kit more flexible. The biggest thing that folks run into with these is that they end up being bulkier than anticipated.

We momentary had those in stock, but we returned them all to Eagle because they had the mag pouches oriented on end, instead of flat like the version pictured. If anyone prefers that style, Eagle has them in stock, but we felt that it compounded some of the downsides of this pouch in that it was bulky, stuck out far, and didn't collapse when empty.

One of the latest pouches out there is the ITW Gen III Fast Mag (http://www.skdtac.com/ITW_FASTMAG_p/1sk.150.htm) which allows you to mount Malice Clip based pouches or stack a second Fast Mag.

I consider the Esstac Single Wedge (http://www.skdtac.com/Esstac_M4_Single_Wedge_Mag_Pouch_p/ess.102.htm) the sleeper in the "shingle" options... for an emergency open-top speed reload pouch, this one is tough to beat, with adjustable depth settings for your preferred level of retention.

Personally, I like to run M4 and pistol mags separately on belt kit as it lays flatter and I can get a complete purchase on each mag with my hand.

Iraq Ninja
02-02-10, 09:39
Piggy,

I never saw that ESSTAC shingle before. Looks very good and at a great price. I assume the adjustable bungie allows for 20 round mags to be easily used without it disappearing as is the case with standard shingles?

sproing
02-02-10, 22:39
Follow the link in my signature to the pouch comparison spreadsheet...browse around in the "raw data" tab for rifle mags and you'll see a number of combo rifle/pistol mag pouches.

skd_tactical
02-03-10, 09:50
Piggy,

I never saw that ESSTAC shingle before. Looks very good and at a great price. I assume the adjustable bungie allows for 20 round mags to be easily used without it disappearing as is the case with standard shingles?

Iraq Ninja,

That is exactly how it works. It allows the user to determine if he wants the mag covered with just the top out of the pouch, or more uncovered/ sticking out. (This helps with just grabbing the mag and not the pouch.) Works great when stacking them on top of one another when you put the front mags lower and the rear mags higher. Stay Safe over there.

SOS

piggly_wiggly
02-03-10, 13:46
SOS (SKD's other Sean) is correct on the general concept, but with 20 rd mags, the depth is an issue. Here you can see the suspension system ("stirrup") sans bungee pulls with a USGI 20 rd mag.

http://i875.photobucket.com/albums/ab313/patrolincidentgear/IMG00631.jpg

You can raise the suspension system up, but a 20 rd mag will still sit too far down in the "stirrup" to be grabbed effectively (the top of the "stirrup" can impede your grasp), and the bungee would in effect have to be tied with no slack.

Stu (Esstac) has made 20 rd wedge's for other customers in the past. We are getting 20 rd inserts for the standard wedge in some upcoming orders, and when they finally get into production for the kydex inserts they've been working on (for the past 2 years- coming soon!), we'll have both 30 and 20 rd versions of those as well.

IraqNinja, if you want to try out and review the 20 rd insert version, hit me up with a PM.

Joe

b6b
02-03-10, 22:47
Big,

I wouldn't recommend getting this pouch. I ran if for a week and tossed it. Sticks out way to far and poor retention.

skd_tactical
02-05-10, 10:51
b6b,
Are you talking about the Eagle 1x2 or the Esstac shingle? I used the Esstac retention system for all my mags on my last deployment and never ran into an issue. My Pmags wear the scars from the rough use, but I never lost a mag and always found them easy to grab and load. I don't have any experience with the Eagle 1x2 though, as I always switch between double stacked M4 pouches, pistol pouches or 203 pouches depending on my needs.

SOS

b6b
02-05-10, 12:24
SKD,

The Eagle 1x2 for Glock, but I was running standard Gov mags. Pmags might retain better. A range commando could probably get pretty fast with it, but I wouldn't use it anywhere else. All depends what your doing though, I was flying until a month ago so I keep everything covered or bungeed.

arizonaranchman
02-05-10, 12:43
http://www.skdtac.com/Eagle_M4_Single_45_Double_Mag_Pouch_Molle_p/eag.224.htm

Great website here and the products get great reviews. I just ordered this single mag belt pouch for when out and about around the ranch. Plan to go with the 3mag chest rig soon too.

skd_tactical
02-05-10, 13:37
SKD,

The Eagle 1x2 for Glock, but I was running standard Gov mags. Pmags might retain better. A range commando could probably get pretty fast with it, but I wouldn't use it anywhere else. All depends what your doing though, I was flying until a month ago so I keep everything covered or bungeed.

Bungee is the way to go. Although I spend most of my time watching "birds" fly over me, than I do on them.

Triad Tactical
02-05-10, 18:47
I have a few of the Eagle M4/45 1/2 pouches in OD. If you are still looking, send me an email.