PDA

View Full Version : Translucent Mags

DaBears_85
01-28-10, 18:45
Anybody here have any opinion on any of the translucent mags offered out there? Which brands you've found to be best, which have feed lip issues or won't drop free, that sort of thing.

PRGGodfather
01-28-10, 18:59
The Lancer L5 is an EXCELLENT magazine.

Grant turned me onto them a couple of years back, and we were unable to get them to fail. The feed lips are actually made of steel.

We put them on the dashboard when it was 90 degrees out, dropped them half-loaded on concrete and even ran over them with the police car. Good magazine -- just don't spray them directly with DEET bug spray. Just having some DEET on your fingers won't hurt them.

Grant sells them at G&R Tactical, or you can get them from www.spa-defense.com if you are LE or .mil

geminidglocker
01-28-10, 19:24
Lancers all the way!!!!;)

DaBears_85
01-28-10, 20:27
The Lancer L5 is an EXCELLENT magazine.

Grant turned me onto them a couple of years back, and we were unable to get them to fail. The feed lips are actually made of steel.

We put them on the dashboard when it was 90 degrees out, dropped them half-loaded on concrete and even ran over them with the police car. Good magazine -- just don't spray them directly with DEET bug spray. Just having some DEET on your fingers won't hurt them.

Grant sells them at G&R Tactical, or you can get them from www.spa-defense.com if you are LE or .mil

Yeah, Lancer seemed to be the consensus on some of the other forums as well. They were out of stock at G&R Tactical but I found some at Bravo Co. USA for $11.95 or something close to that. Seems like a pretty good deal, they were like $16-$20 on all the other websites I checked. If anybody's looking for any I'd hit them up. They say to allow a couple extra days for delivery b/c they're understaffed due to the SHOT show, but for a little over 10 bucks who cares.

geminidglocker
01-28-10, 20:42
Yup, hopefully they still have some on Monday. I'll be getting six more, along with the BCM Gunfighter CH for my Pistol.:)

DaBears_85
01-28-10, 21:01
Yup, hopefully they still have some on Monday. I'll be getting six more, along with the BCM Gunfighter CH for my Pistol.:)

I've heard alot about the CH but haven't really looked into it at all. What's all the fuss about?

geminidglocker
01-28-10, 21:04
I've heard alot about the CH but haven't really looked into it at all. What's all the fuss about?

Dunno' I just need a Charging handle with an extended latch, so I figurw why not. I used a Badger latch awhile back but I don't feel like going that route again. Besides, I'm sick of staring at the Pic on the opening page of this site of the fancy shmancy CH.;) I just read about how the new CH is designed on the BCM site, and now I'm sold on it.

DaBears_85
01-28-10, 21:11
Dunno' I just need a Charging handle with an extended latch, so I figurw why not. I used a Badger latch awhile back but I don't feel like going that route again. Besides, I'm sick of staring at the Pic on the opening page of this site of the fancy shmancy CH.;)

So you think maybe if we all buy one they'll take it down? Sold...

civilian
01-28-10, 22:05
We're running the Lancers through one of our training programs now for T&E. After about a month of relatively high round counts each week, they seem to be holding up well.

DaBears_85
01-28-10, 22:14
We're running the Lancers through one of our training programs now for T&E. After about a month of relatively high round counts each week, they seem to be holding up well.

What do you mean by holding up well? I mean compared to say a pmag or maybe just a standard USGI?