PDA

View Full Version : It is back: NRA Lifetime Memberships $300

Wichard20
01-28-10, 18:54
Hello,

Found this posted by a member on slickdeals (http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?threadid=1835537),

It is back: NRA Lifetime Memberships $300
Three possible ways to qualify:
1. Be referred by a current lifetime member.
2. Be a Retired Veteran
3. Be a Disabled Veteran

From now through January 31, 2010, NRA Life Members can sign up "family members and relatives" for Life Membership for $300 each.

If you cannot get a current lifetime member to sponsor you, the cost to upgrade right now is $500. (a great savings from the regular $1000 price).

Here's how:
Call the NRA at 1-800-672-3888
Press 3 for the lifetime dept.
Tell them a relative suggested you upgrade to a lifetime membership for $300.
Give them the referring lifetime member's NRA #, give them your NRA info, give them your credit card info.
Quick and easy!

I know this thread was around last spring, but this is a new deal since it now includes veterans.

Anyone on here a lifetime member and would not mind sponsoring me? Currently an annual member and been waiting for this deal to pop up again.

-Rich

Cold Zero
01-28-10, 18:55
Thanks for the heads up. Guys should take advantage of this. Let us know when the offer the special on the Endowment membership, the next step up.

crob1
01-28-10, 19:30
Does the Lifetime Member that refers you, have to be a relative? Will a friend who is a Lifetime Member do?

Thanks for the info.

civilian
01-28-10, 21:23
So who wants to sponsor me :)

Got the $500 upgrade offer in the mail the other day, but saving $200 would sure be nice.

chadbag
01-29-10, 00:26
Does the Lifetime Member that refers you, have to be a relative? Will a friend who is a Lifetime Member do?

Thanks for the info.

How are they going to know and check? We are all related at some level ;)

jwfuhrman
01-29-10, 09:38
what does sponsoring entail? I dont have to do anything special other than give the potential sponsored member my info and NRA # correct?

Im a current NRA Life Member, and if I knew more about how it worked I wouldnt have a problem with it I dont think.

LOKNLOD
01-29-10, 12:35
Hmm, my membership just expired and I really need to do this.

thopkins22
01-29-10, 12:40
So for the purposes of saving $200....

I'm a year to year member of the NRA who has never ever heard of a "lifetime membership." Presumably one of you kind souls will refer me to this mystical and exclusive club along with a membership number....:D

Iraq Ninja
01-29-10, 13:21
I guess you only get the leather jacket if you pay the full 1000? Still, not a bad deal and their hats are not as tacky as the used to be.

thopkins22
01-29-10, 13:22
Still, not a bad deal and their hats are not as tacky as the used to be.

The last hat I got from them was still pretty bad...like something Waylon Jennings would have worn in the 1980's.

LOKNLOD
01-29-10, 13:25
The last hat I got from them was still pretty bad...like something Waylon Jennings would have worn in the 1980's.

If they gave us good hats, they couldn't sell us the decent looking ones for $20 on their website ;)

crossgun
01-29-10, 13:44
Just called and upgraded my membership. Was told that today was the last day but that maybe they could still do it early into next week.

All I did was give them the membership number of a current life member, my current number and a credit card number. Was totally painless!

I assume in addtion to the bad hat I will be getting more phone calls.

Artos
01-29-10, 16:32
I'm a lifer...I now spend most my yearly money at the friends of the nra banquet which everyone needs to support. Great family affair and time well spent. Wish i could give more to the nra-ila but kinda tight these days.

I'm assuming the referal can be any member and if I can get the nra some funds and add some new life memberships, i'll be happy to help.

pm me and we'll work out the details...looks like time is running out:cool:

Artos
01-29-10, 19:44
pm's replied, please let me know if the upgrade was successful and painless.

ThirdWatcher
01-30-10, 00:03
I got tired of getting these offers in the mail periodically so last year I upgraded to Benefactor... and it worked! :D

jwfuhrman
01-30-10, 09:46
anyone wanting to upgrade - pm me, Im a NRA Lifer.

Cold Zero
01-30-10, 16:59
Anyone wanting to upgrade can email me. I am a life member also.

Cold Zero
01-31-10, 17:33
So who wants to sponsor me :)

Got the $500 upgrade offer in the mail the other day, but saving $200 would sure be nice.

Status update. Has someone sponsored you yet? Let us know. Best to reach me via th email function in the profile.

Cold Zero
01-31-10, 17:35
BatDog PSD. Is your's done yet ?

Wichard20
02-01-10, 08:46
Wanted to thank the members who provided their NRA membership number. I tried calling today as they were closed over the weekend and the rep I spoke to said the deal was over.

ForTehNguyen
02-01-10, 09:06
it comes back occasionally. I saw it a couple times in 2009. It will come back again

BadDogPSD
02-01-10, 09:57
BatDog PSD. Is your's done yet ?

They were closed when I called yesterday, but was able to get the $300 Life Memberships for me and my son this morning! Thanks much for your help!!!!

civilian
02-01-10, 10:06
Damn, they told me it was over!

Wichard20
02-01-10, 14:49
They were closed when I called yesterday, but was able to get the $300 Life Memberships for me and my son this morning! Thanks much for your help!!!!

Sweet did you have to say anything to the rep? I called earlier today and they said negative. Sounds like another one here had the same problem I did.

-Rich

BT2012
02-01-10, 15:56
I just called today 4:45 EST and they accepted. They told me it is extended till the end of this week due to the current expiration ending on Sunday 1/31. I gave them the life membership number with name of the sponsor as well my membership number with my name. So for those who tried and were told it's expired, call again!

Wichard20,

Thanks for the heads up :cool:.

vinnie's dad
02-01-10, 19:00
I also had no issue today. I was on and off the phone within 5 minutes. The lady I spoke with was very happy to help. I would try back and try to get ahold of someone else.

Good Luck

11Bravo
02-01-10, 19:03
So who the hell wants to adopt me?!?!?

Artos
02-01-10, 20:02
So who the hell wants to adopt me?!?!?

pm sent...

keep trying gang...i promise they want and need the funds and this is a deal. Don't give up.

BadDogPSD
02-01-10, 20:13
Sweet did you have to say anything to the rep? I called earlier today and they said negative. Sounds like another one here had the same problem I did.

-Rich

No, just said I'd like to upgrade to a sponsored life membership... she asked for the life member #, my membership #, then my credit card info...

11Bravo
02-02-10, 19:26
Upgraded today and was also told that the offer had been extended through this week.
The number in the OP did not work however.
I had to call the one on the NRA site for joining.
1-877-NRA-2000, option 3.
Give "family" member number, my number, CC#, off in less than 5 minutes.
Exactly as others mentioned before.
Give it a go, guys.

Cold Zero
02-02-10, 19:39
No, just said I'd like to upgrade to a sponsored life membership... she asked for the life member #, my membership #, then my credit card info...

BatDog. Glad you hear you got squared away and thanks for turning on your email feature.

Anyone needing to be sponsored for Life membership is invited to email me thru the profile function. Let's see how many guys we can upgrade.

When someone sees a special for the Endowment membership, let us know and we can take another step.

Well done.