PDA

View Full Version : Diamondback Tac/ Battlelab?

3p031
01-28-10, 22:25
I was looking at a new PC for deployment since alot of guys are getting there own. I like Battlelabs Fast Attack Plate Carrier Gen 2 seen here http://www.diamondbacktactical.com/product/Fast-Attack-Plate-Carrier-Gen-2-MD-DTS,34.htm

I can get it in ABU or what they call DTS. Is this a Go or No Go from the gear heads out there?

bjw182005
01-28-10, 23:51
Diamondback Tactical gear is good to go. That is what our current unit issues out. If you have the coin, look at the Praetorian vest. Its a good setup that will allow for soft armor and hard plates allowing for max protection with the ability to release the carrier quickly if needed. The cummerbund is also pretty rigid and allows for the addition of side plates. I have never had an issue with the rig and would recommend it to anyone. There are other carriers out there, but again bear in mind your unit will only allow you to deviate from the issued gear so much. If you do happen to end up in a unit that will allow you to wear any gear you choose make sure that they are willing to accept liability and pay out your SGLI should it be necessary.

3p031
01-29-10, 00:04
Good point I didnt think of that. There are guys here useing the Blackhawk IOTV and I was useing a TAG Rampage until all the molle pulled off the front. Want something Im not going to have to baby.

bjw182005
01-29-10, 00:45
Well like i said the Praetorian vest ive been using has not had any major issues. I have seen a couple guys stress the size adjustment buckles and break them, but i have never seen one of these vests fail. I certainly have not babied mine and would be quick to get other gear if that were the case. Diamondback/Battlelab is good to go if you choose to go that route. They also have outstanding customer service should you have any issues.

3p031
01-29-10, 00:47
Thanks man looks like I know where my pay is going this week lol.

Jake0331
01-29-10, 06:26
Have you considered the AW-FAPC? It's basically the same as the Gen 2 but includes soft armor sewn in. There is also the availability of soft armor inserts for the cummerbund and shoulders. You can get all that for the Gen 2 as well, but it may save a little money to get the AW.

http://www.diamondbacktactical.com/product/Diamondback-Tactical-Advanced-Warrior-Fast-Attack-Plate-Carrier,35,6.htm

Kentucky Cop
01-29-10, 09:47
You may want to take a look at the SKDTAC "PIG" or some of the Mayflower products on the greygroup website. Decisions.....Decisions....

Ky Cop