PDA

View Full Version : Anyone running an LWRC 10.5" piston upper suppressed?

Nimslow
03-31-07, 14:16
Anyone here running an LWRC 10.5" piston upper suppressed?

I'm curious if the gas blowback with the suppressor is greatly reduced over a standard DI upper?

I'll be running a Surefire 556K suppressor. Just trying to plan my SBR build while I wait for my forms to clear BATFE, and weighing all the options.

Thanks,
Nimslow

LukeMacGillie
03-31-07, 21:02
Everyone I have talked to says that the piston guns are very hard to suppress. Just throwing this out so that when all your forms come back approved and you head to the range you are not perturbed that your supressor does not quiet things as much as you expected.

00bullitt
04-01-07, 18:49
I have the 10.5" SRT with the AAC SCAR SD. It suppresses just like any other AR. There is still some gas blowback into the chamber from the barrel. Its less than half of what you would get from a DI gun but yes it is still there.The SRT is very reliable with the can on it full time. Runs very clean and cool.

Fongman
04-02-07, 04:40
I'm running a 10.5 SRT w/KAC suppressor. Suppresses fine. Less blow-back than my 16" DI guns, but more than I was expecting. It does make the gun dirtier, but again, nothing like shooting my DI guns.

JWL

Nimslow
04-02-07, 10:14
Thanks guys. That's just the kind of info I'm looking for.

Looking back, would you do it again? Is it worth the money over a standard DI upper?