PDA

View Full Version : BFG New Vickers Sling!

C4IGrant
03-31-07, 14:18
For those of you that want a sling with dual QD sling swivels, BFG has just released a new model of their Vickers sling. They removed the QD buckely and installed two custom made swivels. Price on the new sling is just $55!

C4

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/BFG/Vickers%20with%20QD%20Full%20on%20weapon.jpg

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/BFG/Vickers%20with%20QD%20close%20up.jpg

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/BFG/Vickers%20with%20QD%20swivels.jpg

VA_Dinger
03-31-07, 17:24
Is that one of the new wide width models?

Stickman
03-31-07, 17:42
It rocks. :)

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/AR15%20Rifles/IMG_9914%20Stick.jpg

C4IGrant
03-31-07, 17:44
Is that one of the new wide width models?

NO. Those have not come out yet.

C4

RHR
03-31-07, 18:38
Nevermind. I found the info.

M4arc
03-31-07, 21:04
I can't wait for the cheap glocktalk dealer knockoffs to become available.

:D

C4IGrant
04-01-07, 08:02
I can't wait for the cheap glocktalk dealer knockoffs to become available.

:D

LOL :eek:

C4

Tommy Vercetti
04-01-07, 13:22
LOL :eek:

C4

If you really want some laughs about this guy:
http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=19&t=321723
:eek:

jmart
04-01-07, 13:27

That was pretty good. When I saw that a couple of days ago I just shook my head.

C4IGrant
04-01-07, 13:34

About par for course with this guy (kid). I hope they sue him into never never land.

C4

SuicideHz
04-01-07, 13:53
You are talking about Rocky Mountain Slings? I see more than one idiot in that thread.

Wow. I've read more since the first two sentences I wrote. They need to pull that guy's dealer status. But, they won't. They are about the "Benjamins."

Damn. Now I just read Jason's response. I should have met up with that guy a year ago when he started. He's only about 30 minutes or less from me and I meant to make a drive out to get a sling for the AK.

His excuse for all of the accusations is that his "tech" did all of the reading and posting of pictures? Didn't his "tech" ask him about his sling being identical once he did the reading and swiping of the pictures? I would have been like "hey man, I was doing research on your slings and it appears someone's already beat you to it, big time..."

C4IGrant
04-01-07, 14:09
You are talking about Rocky Mountain Slings? I see more than one idiot in that thread.

Wow. I've read more since the first two sentences I wrote. They need to pull that guy's dealer status. But, they won't. They are about the "Benjamins."

Damn. Now I just read Jason's response. I should have met up with that guy a year ago when he started. He's only about 30 minutes or less from me and I meant to make a drive out to get a sling for the AK.

His excuse for all of the accusations is that his "tech" did all of the reading and posting of pictures? Didn't his "tech" ask him about his sling being identical once he did the reading and swiping of the pictures? I would have been like "hey man, I was doing research on your slings and it appears someone's already beat you to it, big time..."

Yes we are talking about RMS and you are correct about there being more than one idiot in that thread. To turn down a Vickers sling (for whatever you want to pay for it) falls into village idiot realm!

C4

SuicideHz
04-01-07, 14:43
You have this one in stock Grant?

C4IGrant
04-01-07, 14:50
You have this one in stock Grant?

Yes I do.

C4

Tommy Vercetti
04-01-07, 15:51
About par for course with this guy (kid). I hope they sue him into never never land.

C4

Can't say I'd blame them the least little bit. In my opinion the VCAS is worth every penny. This after doing extensive research into this area before deciding on the VCAS. What is stunning to me is how someone could rationalize skimping on such a critical component of a fighting rifle. More so, at least, than some of the other things Black Rifle owners tend to obsess over.

mark5pt56
04-01-07, 20:42
Grant, Out of curiousity, can one swivel be removed and a buckle installed so a stub can be used?

This is cool because I'm getting geared up for some more crack, these being at least 2 rocks.

Mark

militarymoron
04-01-07, 22:39
i've had a prototype VCAS wide-width model since last august, using the 1.4"-wide webbing and newer low profile slider buckle. actually, on the FAL picture thread, you can see part of it poking out from behind my para FAL, and i've also tried it on an M1A.
i like it, especially on a .308 rifle. when it comes out, buy with confidence.

SuicideHz
04-01-07, 23:08
Mark- it appears the front one is sewn in place and going by BFGs previous practices, I'd have to say that the rear isn't removable either. Their first slings incorporated buckles that weren't removable by the user so no extra parts could be lost or the sling ruined if it were taken apart.

It's just a guess that they still do that but it does make sense.

I think the regular BFG Vickers sling is what you want. I know there is an older version with a buckle on the one end. This is new and special because it has two push button QDs.

Look into the older one.

jmart
04-01-07, 23:25
This just seems to be another evolution in the adjustable two point. Viking Tactics has had their's out for awhile, but some were critical of the hanging tail and the quality of the webbing.

Next the VCAS comes out, with the new slider, the closed loop that addresses the hanging tail issue, and some HD webbing.

Viking then hooks up with Larue Tactcial, they collaborate and come out with their version using two QR push button swivels and padding.

And now VCAS follows suit.

It appears these two companies are producing the pinnacle of two points on the market. Each has made their mark on the concept, with some differing approaches, but they do seem to have this niche covered.

And why three points are still around, I don't know. I just can't see any reason for them anymore given that BFG/LV and VT/Larue have offered us these options.

mark5pt56
04-02-07, 07:01
Mark- it appears the front one is sewn in place and going by BFGs previous practices, I'd have to say that the rear isn't removable either. Their first slings incorporated buckles that weren't removable by the user so no extra parts could be lost or the sling ruined if it were taken apart.

It's just a guess that they still do that but it does make sense.

I think the regular BFG Vickers sling is what you want. I know there is an older version with a buckle on the one end. This is new and special because it has two push button QDs.

Look into the older one.

I have one, I got last year. I think the front swivel with a user selectable rear hook up is what I want. No worries, 4 bucks and a trip to the shoe shop!

C4IGrant
04-02-07, 09:32
This just seems to be another evolution in the adjustable two point. Viking Tactics has had their's out for awhile, but some were critical of the hanging tail and the quality of the webbing.

Next the VCAS comes out, with the new slider, the closed loop that addresses the hanging tail issue, and some HD webbing.

Viking then hooks up with Larue Tactcial, they collaborate and come out with their version using two QR push button swivels and padding.

And now VCAS follows suit.

It appears these two companies are producing the pinnacle of two points on the market. Each has made their mark on the concept, with some differing approaches, but they do seem to have this niche covered.

And why three points are still around, I don't know. I just can't see any reason for them anymore given that BFG/LV and VT/Larue have offered us these options.

This is incorrect. BFG had put swivels on several prototype Vickers slings long before we ever saw it on the VTAC sling.

C4

fivepointoh
04-02-07, 09:46
I'm more of a fan of just having one QD swivel on my Vicker's. Tried the two swivel setup and found it to get tangled around too much. Now I just run it w/ a QD swivel up front by the front of the receiver and then weaved the rear through my CTR. The other setup I like is the same front setup w/ the rear going through a rear burnsed loop/sling receiver plate style setup.

jmart
04-02-07, 09:58
This is incorrect. BFG had put swivels on several prototype Vickers slings long before we ever saw it on the VTAC sling.

C4

When did they go on the market? Prior to last Nov/Dec?

Heres the version I'm aware of. It's been out for some time but I thought the dual pivoting swivels were a recent addition.

Link
(http://www.blueforcegear.com/product.cfm?type=cat&cat_id=5&prod_id=79)

David Thomas
04-02-07, 10:46
I have a picture of one of my AR15's with a no buckle/double QD Vickers sling that was previously posted in post 163 on pg 9 of the AR picture thread on 11/18/06.

I like the no buckle/double QD setup. However, things are always evolving, and we all benefit from the constant improvements being made.

I do not think the double QD is a new idea. Rather it is a new configuration as it comes from the people who make the sling. An offering that saves time and money, and I appreciate that.

My VT sling is set up very similarly on my JP.

jmart
04-02-07, 12:14
Here's where I originally learned of the LaRue/Viking Tactics collaboration, back in Nov and nicely written up by Pat Rogers over on 10-8 Forums (http://www.10-8forums.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=37183&an=0&page=5#37183). Apparently LT had to have started working on these prior to Nov, just not sure when they got past concept development, into T&E and finally into production.

If I got the timeline out of sequence I stand corrected.

C4IGrant
04-02-07, 12:17
When did they go on the market? Prior to last Nov/Dec?

Heres the version I'm aware of. It's been out for some time but I thought the dual pivoting swivels were a recent addition.

Link
(http://www.blueforcegear.com/product.cfm?type=cat&cat_id=5&prod_id=79)

I have BFG Vicker's PO's going back to early 2006. The QD swivels was an early model, but never made it to mainstream dealers so you never heard any talk about them.

C4