PDA

View Full Version : Front sight ring on a S.F. x300?!

.308Maku
01-29-10, 18:01
I recently saw a picture of an x300, 12 o'clock, on a flat top that had a front sight "ring" bolted/attached/mounted on the bezel of the x300 to be used with a flip up rear BUIS. Any of you run or see this setup before? Info on the sight attachment and pictures would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

glocktogo
01-29-10, 21:18
What would be awesome is if SF built an X300 with the front sight base as part of the body! :)

SWATcop556
01-29-10, 21:56
Sounds like a home or custom job. I've never seen one before though. Do you have a link?

Bimmer
01-29-10, 21:59
There was a thread about this in the flashlight forum a week or two ago.

Some guy suggested something like this, and a bunch of us liked the idea. His suggestion was a donut-shaped FSB, so that a 1" light would fit in the middle...

Somebody then suggested just attaching a front sight to the bezel of the light.

Bimmer

Luckystiff
01-30-10, 00:07
At SHOT last week I told SF and GG&G to make this. What I want is something like the new M300C (mini scout light) with a front sight made into it so I can mount my light as far forward as possible at the 12 o’clock. Combining the light and front sight just makes sense and lightens up the rig.

Bimmer
01-30-10, 00:15
Combining the light and front sight just makes sense and lightens up the rig.

Well, they certainly do seem to belong in exactly the same place...

I've got a TLR-1 mounted right in front of my FSB, and it works, but having a (cheaper) Polytac mounted through my FSB would make it more handy to hit the tail switch and would put the lens completely behind the FH.

Bimmer

Dunderway
01-30-10, 00:16
At SHOT last week I told SF and GG&G to make this. What I want is something like the new M300C (mini scout light) with a front sight made into it so I can mount my light as far forward as possible at the 12 o’clock. Combining the light and front sight just makes sense and lightens up the rig.

Draw it up, take it to a machine shop, test the prototype and apply for a patent. This country wasn't built on giving away ideas.:D I can also usually make what I want (within reason) before a company can get it on the shelf.

.308Maku
01-30-10, 01:00
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/bduvi/IMG_NEW.jpg

D+ BFG image above (all i've got my hands on). Thanks for the input all. Like the way you think Dunder - Probably a one-off... designing would be nice, but i'd like to have one yesterday.

Dunderway
01-30-10, 02:28
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/bduvi/IMG_NEW.jpg

D+ BFG image above (all i've got my hands on). Thanks for the input all. Like the way you think Dunder - Probably a one-off... designing would be nice, but i'd like to have one yesterday.

Get one made and that's half the battle. Market it or I guarantee you'll be buying it from someone else in a year. I've given up a lot of highly marketable designs just because I didn't want to act on it.