PDA

View Full Version : Geissele trigger binding on safety

Telperion
03-31-07, 14:54
I'm trying to install the Geissele trigger but it is binding against the safety when set to FIRE. When I take them out, there is no clearance between the width of the back section of the trigger and the safety cutout. The standard trigger is a few hundreds of an inch slimmer than the safety cutout.

So far I've sized it against two safeties (CMT), and lightly sanded (600 grit) the back section of the trigger without success. Has anyone needed to do a serious amount of fitting with the Geissele?

Paulinski
03-31-07, 17:55
Stag Arms dealer here (CMT) informed me that safety needs to be cleared a bit in order to fit Geiselle pin.

C4IGrant
04-01-07, 07:56
Stag Arms dealer here (CMT) informed me that safety needs to be cleared a bit in order to fit Geiselle pin.

This is correct. CMT selectors seem to be on the narrow side where as LMT selectors work just fine (this is what I use when I build guns with G triggers.

C4

Telperion
04-01-07, 16:45
Thanks, did some WECSOG work on the safety and all is working now. I hope there is still enough clearance when things heat up for the summer.

Paulinski
04-01-07, 18:07
Sorry to hijack.

Grant - I hear there are some issues when using Geiselle trigger with KNS Anti Rotation pins? Do you know more detail about this?

xenophobe
04-02-07, 06:40
Well, I'm not Grant, but I remember Bill saying something about his trigger being designed with the free floating pins that can rotate and self-align on arfcom a while back.

Excuse my ignorance if I remember incorrectly. lol