PDA

View Full Version : Does the DD Lite Rail have QD Sling mount sockets?

ColdDeadHands
01-30-10, 10:45
title says it all. can't find any pics and DD's site doesn't tell.

Robb Jensen
01-30-10, 10:47
title says it all. can't find any pics and DD's site doesn't tell.

No. The only Daniel Defense rail that does is the Omega series rails.

ColdDeadHands
01-30-10, 10:54
Thanks for the info!

mattmcg
01-30-10, 20:29
No, none of the Lite version do which is a bummer. I keep hoping that they will include those at some point with an anti-rotational feature. I've been using a DD QD mount in its place which tends to get in the way with a thumbs forward grip on a VFG equipped rifle.

I did recently see that Gear Sector is making a lower profile QD mount that blends with Tango Down rail panels and may give that a try when they become available.

mark5pt56
01-31-10, 09:27
I inquired last year on this and it was explained that the machining involved and manufacturing prohibit it. It can be done but you would be paying more for it with increased material and tooling cost.

mattmcg
01-31-10, 12:31
That's an interesting reply. While the DD Lite rail is an excellent rail, there are now a number of competitors that offer an equivalent quality rail with QD points machined in as well. DD Lites are becoming uncompetitive as a result and I'm sure their sales results are showing.

Perhaps they need an redesign altogether to accomplish a new set of requirements. In the meantime, I buy something else.

bjesse60
02-04-10, 20:23
The DD Lite has the weight advantage over most, excellent fit & finish & the monolithic look. I would say they are selling just fine, you have tons of rail to add a qd mount anywhere your heart desires ! :rolleyes: