PDA

View Full Version : LMT upper receiver

TacDoc
07-11-06, 11:14
I want a LMT flattop upper receiver with forward assist, port door and m4 ramp cuts. Only the receiver not a complete upper. I've searched over the internet but seems that LMT is not selling stripped uppers anymore.

Any one have this uppers in stock?

M4arc
07-11-06, 13:20
I want a LMT flattop upper receiver with forward assist, port door and m4 ramp cuts. Only the receiver not a complete upper. I've searched over the internet but seems that LMT is not selling stripped uppers anymore.

Any one have this uppers in stock?

LMT stopped selling the upper receivers over a year ago. You might get lucky and find someone that has one in the safe or a spare parts box somewhere. I imagine that most dealers have sold out of any remaining stock.

You can try a CMT upper from Bravo Company G&R, or Denny's or try out one of the new Vltor MURs.

TacDoc
07-11-06, 13:39
I was afraid to hear that... anyway thank you for your reply. I'm waiting for a Noveske bbl and probaly it will take two months so if can't find a LMT upper I'll go with the CMT. Any comments regarding this uppers?

M4arc
07-11-06, 13:43
I was afraid to hear that... anyway thank you for your reply. I'm waiting for a Noveske bbl and probaly it will take two months so if can't find a LMT upper I'll go with the CMT. Any comments regarding this uppers?

CMT makes great stuff. I just received one from Bravo Company yesterday and in addition to being perfect finish wise it's also has the familiar keyhole marking on the side ;)

In addition to the CMT uppers check out these: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=420

They would make a perfect upper for a Noveske barrel :D

VA_Dinger
07-11-06, 13:55
If your heart is set on an LMT, I think M4carbine member "Wes" has one or two sitting in his safe. I would contact him.

CapnCrunch
07-11-06, 16:39
If you want an LMT, Wes Grant at MSTN would be the guy to ask.

Honestly though, if you're spending the time and money on a high quality barrel... You might as well just get a VLTOR MUR. You should be able to get one before your barrel arrives, and it'll be worth the premium.

KevinB
07-11-06, 18:07
I'm sure Wes Grant (MSTN) would have one --

If you want a partially used one I have a upper thats been in Afghan for 8 months - that I was planning on replacing with the MUR when it comes out

TacDoc
07-11-06, 18:46
Ok, I'm sold with the MUR. But now another fricking question when everything seems almost clear: with or without forward assist? Does this uppers come with the m4 ramp cuts?

dubb-1
07-11-06, 23:01
The upper has M4 ramps. Only you can decide if you need a forward assist...

CapnCrunch
07-11-06, 23:36
M4 ramps are standard.

As for the forward assist... Well, I won't open that particular can of beans today. I think that's up to the end user and their particular application and training than anything else.

JTAC_Supply
07-17-06, 21:30
It's easy to get an LMT upper...it'll be a takeoff from a new barreled receiver though :)

We have barreled uppers in stock and will be happy to remove the barrel for you, but of course the upper has been test fired.

Jason

TacDoc
07-17-06, 21:35
Thank you Jason, but I changed my mind for the VLTOR MUR. Thank you anyway!

JTAC_Supply
07-18-06, 00:25
Good choice, can't wait to get some in to play with.

SinnFéinM1911
07-18-06, 11:03
CMT and Stag Make great parts and from what I understand they are BIG Sub Con. for the BIG boy up the street from them. Also S&W gets their M&P 15's parts from them.

Ive had NO problems with thier stuff !!

B

tomalibrando
07-18-06, 11:58
You can't go wrong witht he CMT upper or parts. Stag also makes excellent components as well. Al lot of parts used for quality weapons from Noveske are from those two companies. CMT also has high standards for their bolt groups. LMT makes a good upper (I have one) but I also have CMT components that work great. When you're picking parts from these companies, it like compairing Porches with Mercedes. They're all good and I've haven't heard any gripes from anyone yet. I just got in a BCM upper from Grant, seems to be great as well.