PDA

View Full Version : Take down pin wobble

zachsm
01-30-10, 19:41
My take down pins when pushed out have a lot of wobble in my lower. They used to be stiff when I first put in the lpk. Is this normal or will it cause problems later on?

Captains1911
01-30-10, 21:32
normal.

dashotgun
01-31-10, 09:24
if it annoys you get an accu wedge

mark5pt56
01-31-10, 09:32
He's referring to when they are extended out after take down. It doesn't affect anything. However, you could replace the detents and spring if they are worn and/or have lost tension, that may help some.

As a side note-check to insure that someone hasn't tried pounding the pins out not realizing that they are captive. I actually have one that is used and didn't notice the rear take down was apparantely monkey'ed up this way. The material in lower was flared out slightly. I "fixed" it by fitting a max diameter hard brass rod nearly twice the length and shortening the spring. The longer pin and larger diameter limited it's lateral "flex" within the channel.

Iraq Ninja
01-31-10, 09:36
if it annoys you get an accu wedge

The majority of the folks here will not recommend an accu wedge at all.

If the OT is annoyed by it, wait till you have an AW cause a malfunction. I get more annoyed at those :).

I know soldiers who use aluminum foil pressed into the lower receiver for the same reason. They think it make the weapon more accurate.