PDA

View Full Version : Which one of these fixed blades would you choose?

Biggy
01-30-10, 21:32
Which one of these two knives would you choose, and why, as your do it all fixed blade knife ,with the money difference not being a factor? The Chris Reeve's "Pacific" or the Rat Cultery RC-6 .

Citpitch02
01-30-10, 22:00
The Chris Reeve Pacific is hands down the better knife and if I had to pick one of those two it's a no brainer.

travistheone
01-30-10, 22:13
thats like kia vs lexus.

Chris reeve baby.

benthughes
01-31-10, 01:21
I have the Reeve Pacific and it's a beefy knife and quite beautiful to boot. That being said, if you're planning on really using the knife I's suggest the RC-6. 1095 is a better hard use steel, easier to sharpen and if you do manage to damage it you aren't out $300. I rarely use my Pacific over my Scrap Yard Scrapper 5. If you're collecting, however, get the Reeve.

Biggy
01-31-10, 01:30
I have the Reeve Pacific and it's a beefy knife and quite beautiful to boot. That being said, if you're planning on really using the knife I's suggest the RC-6. 1095 is a better hard use steel, easier to sharpen and if you do manage to damage it you aren't out $300. I rarely use my Pacific over my Scrap Yard Scrapper 5. If you're collecting, however, get the Reeve.

I was kind of thinking the same thing.

duckhunter
01-31-10, 11:33
While 1095 is easier to sharpen, Reeve and Harsey don't make their knives for you to baby. If you have the money, buy the Pacific and use it.

Citpitch02
01-31-10, 11:46
Also keep in mind that the carbon 1095 tends to rust!

I'll also second what duckhunter said! Reeves makes these knives for guys who take them into harms way and may depend on them with their lives. It's expensive because it's a damned good blade not because it's supposed to sit on your mantle as a show piece!

Biggy
02-01-10, 21:22
Also keep in mind that the carbon 1095 tends to rust!

I'll also second what duckhunter said! Reeves makes these knives for guys who take them into harms way and may depend on them with their lives. It's expensive because it's a damned good blade not because it's supposed to sit on your mantle as a show piece!

Well put.