PDA

View Full Version : Middys & extractor springs, o-rings, etc.

markman
01-31-10, 12:53
I know, but I tried a search without much luck. With the mid length gas system what extractor springs, o-rings, buffers etc. are the best to use.

Robb Jensen
01-31-10, 13:02
I know, but I tried a search without much luck. With the mid length gas system what extractor springs, o-rings, buffers etc. are the best to use.

They work best with CAR (2.9 - 3.0oz) buffers, standard extractor spring with black insert. No o-ring or extractor enhancer needed. Most will with H buffer most of the time.

ForTehNguyen
01-31-10, 21:55
dont need the extractor springs and orings, CAR buffer works fine. I actually run a H buffer in mine with a 4 oclock ejection. I bought an auto BCG and just put it in, no upgrading bolt components

YVK
01-31-10, 23:29
I have run mine with black insert and a ring (Noveske/MSTN), with ring and no insert (BCM) and with o-ring and no insert (BCM), all with H-buffer, and all without problems.

SPDGG
02-02-10, 16:31
My exp. has been similar with the above members/shooters.

I run no o-ring, blk spring insert, H Buffer, FA BCM BCG, Mid-Length Gas.

IMHO: Buy a BravoCompanyUSA Complete BCG & you'll be GTG !!! ;)
* BCM packs the o-ring seperate, just oil/lube & shoot.

markman
02-02-10, 17:04
Actually, that's what I have. BCM middy & FA BCG. I didn't use the black o-ring that came in the BCG package. My buffer is the CAR.

Blob
02-02-10, 22:52
Are there any drawbacks to the use of the O-ring in a midlength? I've been running my DD BCG (blue insert and O-ring) in my BCM midlength and it's running fine.

jp0319
02-03-10, 00:38
Ok, so let me get this straight. If you have a middy gas system you not only don't need an H buffer, but would be better off with a CAR buffer? :confused: color me confused. I am building a Middy upper and planned to put it on a complete BCM lower I have which has the H buffer. Should I swap the H out for something else?

SPDGG
02-03-10, 00:54
Ok, so let me get this straight. If you have a middy gas system you not only don't need an H buffer, but would be better off with a CAR buffer? :confused: color me confused. I am building a Middy upper and planned to put it on a complete BCM lower I have which has the H buffer. Should I swap the H out for something else? I'd keep the H-Buffer & shot it to see how it runs first.

ForTehNguyen
02-03-10, 07:57
on my stepdads BCM middy + Auto BCG + H buffer: the casings were ejecting 2oclock or so, a bit too far ahead, so I changed his to carbine buffer
on my BCM Middy + Auto BCG + H Buffer: the casings were 3-4 oclock

kinda strange, dunno why stepdads would eject more forward on basically the same setup

arizonaranchman
02-03-10, 23:45
Ref the ejection pattern...

Where is "ideal" with the ejection of the brass? How far distant and at what clock position from the shooter? Just curiuos now that someone mentioned it.

Also: when do you want to use the "O"ring and when is it not necessary?

ForTehNguyen
02-04-10, 09:07
"ideal" is 3-4 oclock. I dont know of any advantages/disadvantages to having it before or after. I would think if its too late at 1-2 oclock could have a greater chance of jamming.

arizonaranchman
02-04-10, 10:35
"ideal" is 3-4 oclock. I dont know of any advantages/disadvantages to having it before or after. I would think if its too late at 1-2 oclock could have a greater chance of jamming.

Thanks, that makes sense. My BM dissipator is putting brass at about 5 o'clock and about 7 feet away in about an 18" circle. Was just wondering since you mentioned that.

ForTehNguyen
02-04-10, 12:01
also annoying at the 2 oclock ejection was it was throwing the brass outside the bench past the firing line into the grass, cant really go and pick up my brass that way :o