PDA

View Full Version : Aimpoint V Eotech. Please help me pick one. Sig SBR, ak47 , benelli m4 optics

alfred10
01-31-10, 17:55
I am going to either build or buy a Sig 556 SBR. I want optics for it. I also want optics that I can use on my AK and benelli M4.
I would prefer to get one optic that will work on all.

I really like the aim point micro but dont like how small the dot is when compared to Eotech. Is the aimpoint micro a 1 MOA at 100 yards? Would the eotech or aimpoint be quicker for cqb? Which one would shoot better at longer ranges? I like the Eotech but dont like the battery life.

C45P312
01-31-10, 17:56
Try both out and see which one you like best.

I like Aimpoint because of it's durability and battery life.

Agent5556
01-31-10, 20:10
I feel like we are currently in the same boat....

I am leaning towards the aimpoint. Just seems to be getting better reviews all around.

SPDGG
01-31-10, 22:48
I am going to either build or buy a Sig 556 SBR. I want optics for it. I also want optics that I can use on my AK and benelli M4.
I would prefer to get one optic that will work on all.
IMHO: Switching between those three with one Red Dot Sight will be a pain. I'd opt to mount a RDS on the main rifle you will be shooting and for the others use irons till you decide to get a RDS.

I really like the aim point micro but dont like how small the dot is when compared to Eotech. Is the aimpoint micro a 1 MOA at 100 yards? Would the eotech or aimpoint be quicker for cqb? Which one would shoot better at longer ranges? I like the Eotech but dont like the battery life.

Aimpoint Micro T-1/H-1 = 4MOA Dot
Eotech, Std. Config. = 65MOA Outer Ring, w/ 1MOA Center Dot

Which will be quicker, thats up to you.

And, IMHO, if you train hard with one you will be more proficient with that than the other. "To each their own"

Long Range: Well, I prefer the Eotech for its reticle and the 1MOA center dot doesnt cover the target as much as say a 4MOA Aimpoint. Using the EoTech with a 3x/4x magnifier would be a great setup. But, if you shot & know your holds with an Aimpoint you would be just as well suited. But, I think of anything 1x Holo/Red Dot to be Up Close.

IMHO: RDS = CQB/Short Range. I'd use a different scope/optic setup for anything precision & long range.

If you dont mind something a little bigger than the micro I'd suggest the Aimpoint CompM3 2MOA sight.

You cant go wrong with either. Spend as much as you can justify & Learn that sight in every which way.

ShipWreck
02-01-10, 16:51
To me, I don't like the "tunnel" feeling of most red dot scopes. I like the EOtech - and I can pick up the eotech reticle faster than a tiny red dot in the center. Plus, the 1 MOA center dot on the eotech is great for accuracy - yet the larger circle is fast for CQC.