PDA

View Full Version : Orange County gun show

drrufo
01-31-10, 18:39
I went to the show at the Orange County Fair Grounds and found some deals(?)

My son saw S&W ar 15's for 1000.00 a piece and an AR 15-22 for 400.00.

Plenty of uppers and lowers, JD manufacturing lowers for 95.00. I have one of their uppers and it is a nice match and fit on my Stag lowers.

Plenty of ammo, Miwall seemed to have the best prices, lots of people selling flashlights with cree LED's.
People are starting to carry little parts as well as LPK's, they were very scarce late last here around here.

The State of Kalifornia wanted to sell the fair grounds with the stables and display halls to help pay the deficit, but there was an announcement made before the show opened that those plans have been dropped. So we can still buy guns and sandals at the fair grounds , there is a great swap meet there on the weekends.

dookie1481
01-31-10, 18:45
I went to the show at the Orange County Fair Grounds and found some deals(?)

My son saw S&W ar 15's for 1000.00 a piece and an AR 15-22 for 400.00.

Plenty of uppers and lowers, JD manufacturing lowers for 95.00. I have one of their uppers and it is a nice match and fit on my Stag lowers.

Plenty of ammo, Miwall seemed to have the best prices, lots of people selling flashlights with cree LED's.
People are starting to carry little parts as well as LPK's, they were very scarce late last here around here.

The State of Kalifornia wanted to sell the fair grounds with the stables and display halls to help pay the deficit, but there was an announcement made before the show opened that those plans have been dropped. So we can still buy guns and sandals at the fair grounds , there is a great swap meet there on the weekends.

I personally do not think a S&W AR for $1K is a deal as you can get a BCM rifle for the same price. To each his own.

Jay

lawusmc0844
01-31-10, 19:41
I was there myself, of course saw the usual "Made In China" booths but Miwall did have PMC 55gr .223/1000rd cases for $299. After taxes it was about $325 out the door but still better than online where they either sell at that price before shipping or worse up to $400!

JD Machine's lowers are excellent, my BCM upper sits on a Kaiser Defense. (KD & JD split last year, and recently JD is now producing uppers!) I went to their factory right across from MCRD San Diego last weekend and purchased one of their lowers with the EGA as the rollmark! I can't wait to pick it up next weekend (****ing CA)

Drrufo, you should have went to the Riflegear booth. They have excellent prices and selection and the staff are very friendly. I got my LWRC M6A2 upper from them last year and yesterday I got another Radlock and Noveske QD end plate from them for my new lower.
Did your son see those S&W M&P15's at the Cold War Shooters' booth? They have a good selection too but overpriced...

drrufo
01-31-10, 21:47
Quote--Drrufo, you should have went to the Riflegear booth.
You mean the booth where I bought my Magpul ctr? I've been to their shop and like the general demeanor of the shop is good.

The S&W may not have been that good a deal, just throwing out prices, no one is enlightened enough to sell BCM at the shows.

lawusmc0844
01-31-10, 22:43
I got a CTR from them too last year. Their shop is small but they carry alot of good stuff, and its good they are only an hour drive up north. They are my go-to place for AR stuff besides DSG, BCUSA and G&R.

BCM is the shit, but they're still a smaller company and there aren't alot of distributors for them. Even one of my Marines who owns way more (expensive) weaponry than I do didn't know about BCM. Then again, he owns multiple DPMS rifles :rolleyes:, I had to educate him on BCUSA and G&R...

VooDoo6Actual
01-31-10, 23:35
I was @ Costa Mesa show as well.

Picked some 6.8 ammo, some M4 access.

I thought shoW was OK.

Nothing spectacular and a lot of Craptacular junk.

Riflegear lads are a good crew as their store is as well.

I thought tables were unnecessarily too close creating many choke points.
I checked a lot of guys w/ zero situational awareness & felt like I was @ a Hockey game @ times.

There are a lot of lowers there and most are good quality.

I think if more people had jobs business would be a tad brisker.

Posted from my iPhone