PDA

View Full Version : AR-10 owners got a question from you

Paraclete comes
01-31-10, 19:44
anyone who owns or uses an AR-10, MK11, SR25, etc got a quick question for you. Do you have any problems with factory/USGI mags, more to the point problems with the follower/elevator?

ive searched for a few minutes and not found any threads. but had a customer come to me saying how unreliable his mags were, so i had some new elevators machined for him. he says they work great.

im thinking of mass producing them, but want to make sure theres a need for them out there. If there anything like m16/m4 USGI mags than theres a market for sure.

so anyone with some depth on those mags let me know.

c3guns
02-01-10, 22:06
You do realize that an AR10 (which is ONLY manufactured by Armalite) uses an entirely different magazine than the Knight's M110/SR25 family of rifles, correct?

You'll have a hard time competing with either pattern, as Armalite mags are damn near bulletproof by most assessments (including my own experiences) and MagPul is now making a DPMS/SR25 pattern polymer mag which will likely dominate that market.

hjustein
02-02-10, 09:53
You do realize that an AR10 (which is ONLY manufactured by Armalite) uses an entirely different magazine than the Knight's M110/SR25 family of rifles, correct?

You'll have a hard time competing with either pattern, as Armalite mags are damn near bulletproof by most assessments (including my own experiences) and MagPul is now making a DPMS/SR25 pattern polymer mag which will likely dominate that market.

this is exactly correct.

I assume the mags that were not working were the DPMS mags, or possibly an early AR-10B mag converted from an M-14 mag?

Paraclete comes
02-02-10, 16:26
No I was not aware of the mk11 taking different mags than the ar10. Not an armolite but a few guys with dpms weapons. As for magpul mags they sure run good but don't stand up like steel mags. after three deployments with gi, hk, and magpul on the last two pumps I'm done with magpul mags. Not that there not smooth running just had lot of cracks down the spine and on th lips. I'd like to try a polymer mag with a lower profile and steel lips. Maybe lancer.

But thanks for the info guys maybe not so much need for ar10 improved followers

m4fun
02-03-10, 19:06
Well, unless it is for an Armalite AR-10(more modern) They use modified M14 mags. The gen II is out, but definately the weak point of the rifle.

I would be interested in some...