PDA

View Full Version : Front Sight Institute Using Deputy Dinkheller Death Video For Advertising

glocktogo
02-01-10, 23:06
For those of you who haven't heard, Dr. Ignatius Piazza is using the dash cam death video of Laurens County, GA Deputy Kyle Dinkheller for promotional and advertising purposes. This is a very graphic and disturbing video that may have a purpose in LE training, but not in public advertising for a private company.

I will not link to the video or the website, but those who wish to know about this firsthand can surely find it on their own. I have emailed Front Sight to let them know how disgusted I am by their usage of the video to promote their business. It would be awful for the deceased's family to have to see and hear the death of their loved one being used for a company's personal gain.

I post this in the hopes that others will let Front Sight know that this type of behavior is inappropriate and should be stopped. Thank You.

slustan
02-01-10, 23:19
That really is reprehensible

kwelz
02-01-10, 23:27
It seems like every time I hear about FS it is something negative.

tampam4
02-01-10, 23:39
Up until 15 minutes ago, I had never hear about Deputy Dinkheller or seen the tragic video of his death.

I have seen some pretty gnarly stuff out there without so much as a blink of the eye, but that video left me with a sinking feeling and emptyness I haven't felt in a while. prayers will be sent to Deputy Dinkheller and his family tonight, may he rest in peace.

I just spent the last 10 minutes writing Front Sight an email about this, what the company has done is beyond disgusting and subhuman. :mad: G** damnit this angers me!

***EDIT*** this is off the FSI website.

http://www.ignatius-piazza-front-sight.com/2010/01/18/ignatius-piazza-stop-screaming-start-shooting/#video

Folks, there is a time to stop screaming and start shooting.

Quite frankly, screaming doesn’t help anything. It just empowers your opponent because he can sense the fear in your screams. Instead, use a calm, commanding voice and mean what you say, the first time.

Commands like “Don’t move!” or “Drop the gun!” only mean something if you are mentally ready, willing, and able to follow up with actions that will end the conflict should your opponent fail to follow your deadly serious commands.

This is not poker. There is no room for bluffing. When you give a command, mean it and be willing to back it up with force or you will find your bluff called (as this officer did) by a dedicated criminal or drug-crazed psychopath.

And when it is time to shoot, you need to be able to HIT with your FIRST shots.

I do not like to be critical without also being constructive, so allow me to do what only I can do, and offer every law enforcement officer in the country as well as every gun-owning private citizen the opportunity for a lifetime of Front Sight training for pennies-on-the-dollar!

Without a doubt, this lifetime membership will provide you with more and better training over your lifetime than any police department will ever provide you.

Here is a very special Front Sight Law Enforcement Lifetime Membership that I am making available to law enforcement officers and private citizens alike, for the next seven days, and I am pricing it a manner that any cop or citizen can afford.

Get your lifetime membership for pennies-on-the-dollar here.

If you are in law enforcement or simply own a gun for self defense, please take advantage of this membership so you NEVER make the life threatening mistakes you witnessed in this video.

I post a different article on this blog each Monday so I look forward to your visit every week.

If you have an interesting photo, story or tip about a relevant topic of interest to gun ownership, firearms training or Second Amendment issues, please feel free to send it to me at:

infoATfrontsight. CO.M or

IgnatiusATfrontsight. CO.M

Volucris
02-02-10, 00:15
Cop or no cop, it was poorly used both in terms of marketing and in taste.

Pretty fd up.

glocktogo
02-02-10, 00:27
Up until 15 minutes ago, I had never hear about Deputy Dinkheller or seen the tragic video of his death.

I have seen some pretty gnarly stuff out there without so much as a blink of the eye, but that video left me with a sinking feeling and emptyness I haven't felt in a while. prayers will be sent to Deputy Dinkheller and his family tonight, may he rest in peace.

I just spent the last 10 minutes writing Front Sight an email about this, what the company has done is beyond disgusting and subhuman. :mad: G** damnit this angers me!

***EDIT*** this is off the FSI website.

http://www.ignatius-piazza-front-sight.com/2010/01/18/ignatius-piazza-stop-screaming-start-shooting/#video

Snip...

I do not like to be critical without also being constructive, so allow me to do what only I can do, and offer every law enforcement officer in the country as well as every gun-owning private citizen the opportunity for a lifetime of Front Sight training for pennies-on-the-dollar!

Without a doubt, this lifetime membership will provide you with more and better training over your lifetime than any police department will ever provide you.

Here is a very special Front Sight Law Enforcement Lifetime Membership that I am making available to law enforcement officers and private citizens alike, for the next seven days, and I am pricing it a manner that any cop or citizen can afford.

Get your lifetime membership for pennies-on-the-dollar here.

Snip...

And all for the incredibly low, low introductory rate of $2,899 (or monthly payments totalling $4,410).

I think we all know what it really is only "he" can do. :(

Oscar 319
02-02-10, 00:41
No ****ing class.

parishioner
02-02-10, 01:05
The decision to show this was not thought out thoroughly. Its a blatant use of fear tactics and ultimately tasteless. Bad decision.

Which email address did you use? This is worth my time.

Hoss356
02-02-10, 01:20
Front sight will never receive any money from me or anyone I know, this is beyond tasteless it's just plain disgusting. If you want to make a point that's fine, if you want to make a buck that's fine too but using video footage of a police officer's last minutes on earth to push your point and make a buck is unacceptable. I could say a lot more but I'm going to censor myself and leave it at that.

ThirdWatcher
02-02-10, 01:26
This really is a lack of class.

I first watched the video about a month ago and I had a nightmare afterwards. I guess there are some things you just can't get used to and the death of an LEO is one of those things for me.

tampam4
02-02-10, 01:43
The decision to show this was not thought out thoroughly. Its a blatant use of fear tactics and ultimately tasteless. Bad decision.

Which email address did you use? This is worth my time.

I used both emails I entered in my original post, I just didn't want to type them as they actually are. BUT, seeing how I don't care if he gets spammed by a bug, and that he already has posted it up on a public website, here you. Please let him know how we all feel.

info@frontsight.com or

Ignatius@frontsight.com

If I am violating M4C rules, mods/staff please feel free to edit/remove emails.

Irish
02-02-10, 02:09
I'm in Vegas and pretty close to Front Sight. I've often considered taking one of their courses due to proximity and they often have courses for basically free. I've read the negative shit about Piazza before but this is above and beyond what I believe anyone would deem appropriate.

Regardless of it being an LEO or a private citizen using someone else's plight like this to elevate your sales through fear tactics is reprehensible to say the least and down right deplorable.

I'd never seen that video... It's got my head reeling after watching it and my heart really went out to the officer and all I kept thinking was engage him NOW!!! Shoot that mother****er!!!

My thoughts & prayers go out to the officer & his family.

mr_smiles
02-02-10, 02:13
How many gun fights has Mr. Pizza won? People who haven't been in a gun fight shouldn't train others on how to win at one.

If he wants to train people in other areas that's fine. But he claims to be the ultimate bad ass with a gun but he has zero credibility. And I know people will claim he employees others to train, but how many of those employees have practical experience outside of what they learned at frontsight... I'm going to get sued now, I better talk shit about Murray's dragon skin bs just to light the match.

cobra90gt
02-02-10, 02:57
Read about this tactic by "FS" on another msg board not too long ago. The dashcam video has been used in LE training (especially at academies) - using the footage for marketing/advertisting purposes was definitely in poor taste.

RIP Dep Dinkheller:

http://www.odmp.org/officer/15034-deputy-kyle-wayne-dinkheller

ThirdWatcher
02-02-10, 07:06
It's got my head reeling after watching it and my heart really went out to the officer and all I kept thinking was engage him NOW!!! Shoot that mother****er!!!

My thoughts & prayers go out to the officer & his family.

That's the part that gave me the nightmare. A young lawman died because he hadn't yet learned that it's better to be tried by twelve than carried by six and he never got to enjoy being a Dad and watching his children grow up (as I have). What a loss...

Shane1
02-02-10, 07:08
There is alot of information that was not released after Kyle's murder about this video. I wont go into it again. It f'in disgusts me that this f'tard can use this video in any way shape or form to promote his school. I am truly disgusted at this.

John_Wayne777
02-02-10, 07:16
This is about what I'd expect from Mr. Piazza.

Rider79
02-02-10, 09:12
I live right down the road from this school and I'll never take a class there, even before seeing shit like this. The instructors there that I know of are far below the level of many of our senior members here, let alone our SME's and IP's. I hadn't seen that video in a long time though. Goddamnit, it just makes me want to cry.

Outlander Systems
02-02-10, 10:11
Pretty ****ing disgusting, if you ask me.

glocktogo
02-02-10, 10:16
This really is a lack of class.

I first watched the video about a month ago and I had a nightmare afterwards. I guess there are some things you just can't get used to and the death of an LEO is one of those things for me.

I used this one: info@frontsight.com and already have a response:

260,000 students would disagree with you. Also, there is no mention of the officer or his department in the blog or the video. Ignatius

I doubt there is any level he wouldn't sink to. :mad:

snappy
02-02-10, 13:52
Its a blatant use of fear tactics and ultimately tasteless. Bad decision.

Pretty standard for them I'm afraid.

Artos
02-02-10, 13:58
wouldn't the family of Dinkheller be able to stop this if they wished??

I can't imagine how hot I would get.

Volucris
02-02-10, 14:15
Honestly I'd just let them keep using it because all it's doing is making them look like a bunch of classless assholes that resort to fear tactics and extremely graphic videos to push a crappy one-liner.

M4arc
02-02-10, 14:19
Honestly I'd just let them keep using it because all it's doing is making them look like a bunch of classless assholes that resort to fear tactics and extremely graphic videos to push a crappy one-liner.

Normally I would agree but I can't help thinking about that young man's family and what they must think & feel when they see that video (I literally want to cry) so I say take it down for them.

GermanSynergy
02-02-10, 16:16
Exploiting the tragic death of an LEO is utterly vile & despicable. I wrote FS off long ago as a viable training option, and now you couldn't pay me to attend one of their courses. :mad:

browningboy84
02-02-10, 17:16
I live in Wilcox County, Ga, about 45 minutes away from Laurens County. The police chief in one of the towns in our county, who is also a deputy sheriff, knew this deputy, and he called me up about it, when he heard about what Front Sight was doing. I think the ASSHAT who conjured up this shit is gonna get a nice, nasty e-mail from my buddy. I think ole boy would rather just beat the shit out of him than send him an e-mail after watching that video.

Volucris
02-02-10, 18:05
Normally I would agree but I can't help thinking about that young man's family and what they must think & feel when they see that video (I literally want to cry) so I say take it down for them.

Gotta realize that video is all over the internet. There are several others that are even more graphic but are just not very popular. Hate to say it but I think they're used to it by now. Although personally I would want it taken down because you don't use someone's real death video for marketing.

marh415
02-02-10, 18:43
That was exetremely disturbing and heartbreaking to watch. How does a video like that even end up on the internet in the first place? I could understand using the video with permission from the family for LE training purposes, surely not for some egotistical douchebag to profit from. Poor taste doesn't even come close to describing this mans actions.

LMT42
02-02-10, 19:50
Has the shooter been caught, convicted and executed?

glockem
02-02-10, 19:59
Well, whoever thought up that marketing is pure, uncut scum.

FS will never get .02 from me. Just a bunch of greedy SOBs in my book.

Gutshot John
02-02-10, 20:31
Like school in July.

I'll never go to that scumbag.

dsmguy7
02-02-10, 20:39
Oh my God! I'm at a loss for words. I've never seen that video. It is heart wrenching. Please tell me the s. o. b. shooter was caught and executed. As for Piazza.....scum, pure scum. Prayers sent to the LEO's family. How productive would emailing this ass clown be?

d90king
02-02-10, 20:44
Disgusting! But wait, he can turn you into a killing machine...:rolleyes: I could post some emails that would make you vomit on your keyboard.

BiggLee71
02-02-10, 20:52
Wow, that is a disturbing video to say the least. Deputy Dinkheller was a young guy. His bio said 22 yrs old. Thats a shame, he had his whole life in front of him.

Whoever would use that video as some sort of promotion to drum up business is a low-life P.O.S.

woodandsteel
02-02-10, 21:22

That was exetremely disturbing and heartbreaking to watch. How does a video like that even end up on the internet in the first place? I could understand using the video with permission from the family for LE training purposes, surely not for some egotistical douchebag to profit from. Poor taste doesn't even come close to describing this mans actions.

We were shown this video in training a few months back. I hate the idea of any line of duty death being turned into a training film. But, this one was just heart wrenching to watch. I wish that I could have been there with a rifle or at least a shotgun.

From what we were told in training, (sometimes they get it wrong) the suspect was later found in a field and was arrested. As far as the video being made public, I believe the local news media released it.

Another thing that we were told was that after the video aired, there were a lot of officers/ deputies from that area who went on to other jobs. Again, stories get repeated and embelished. So maybe someone from this deputy's state can confirm that.

That guy from Front Sight is a real piece of work.

madisonsfinest
02-02-10, 21:31
from what I read Deputy Dinkheller did get one hit to the stomach of the suspect. He was taken into custody, and sentenced to death

Gutshot John
02-02-10, 21:33
I couldn't help myself.

My email to "mr." ignatius:

Dear Scumbag,

I'd use "sir" but clearly you don't qualify.

I find your use of a video that shows a man's death as a marketing campaign ghoulish and mercenary in the extreme.

I'm one that won't be using your school and I will discourage others from doing the same.

You make politicians and journalists (not to mention many criminals) look honest and forthright by comparison.

You have done the law-abiding gun community a great disservice.

On a personal note. Go f*@k yourself dirtbag.

Sincerely,

ThirdWatcher
02-02-10, 21:37
The whole concept of street survival is to critically examine how other LEO's are being injured and killed so that we can learn from our mistakes. I remember the press showing up at a Calibre Press Street Survival Seminar that I was attending in the early 1980's and they were denied access. (I think Dennis Anderson met with them outside.) I know this was pre-internet, but I still like the concept of keeping these lessons confidential. (How many citizens make traffic stops anyway?)

ThirdWatcher
02-02-10, 21:40
John, what do you really think about it? :D

ICANHITHIMMAN
02-02-10, 21:44
WTF my wife is a cop and this realy pisses me the **** off! If its true

Shadow1198
02-02-10, 21:51
Ignatious Piazza has the class of a $5 whore. :mad:

Gutshot John
02-02-10, 22:13
John, what do you really think about it? :D

I don't think words can adequately describe what I really think about that f*#kstick.

parishioner
02-02-10, 22:21
What do you expect from a guy that when you type in his name in google the word "scam" comes up next to it in the suggestion box.

ETA: Sent email this morning. Still waiting for a reply.

13F3OL7
02-02-10, 22:32
Ignatious Piazza has the class of a $5 whore. :mad:

That's an insult to all $5 whores.

May God have mercy on the fallen officer's family.

rubberneck
02-02-10, 22:40

Deputy Dinkheller's murderer, Andrew Brannan, was sentenced to death in Jan. 2000 and is currently on Georgia's death row. At 62 years old I hope he lives long enough that he doesn't die from natural causes before execution.

As far as the front site people go, I wouldn't piss on Piazza even if he were on fire. Karma's a bitch and he'll get his sooner or later.

usaffarmer
02-02-10, 23:29
I just sent the company a nice little letter. With ALL my contact info, Im waiting for a reply.... Im blood pressure when through the roof. WTF are they thinking. I dont really know what to say....

RIP Deputy Kyle Wayne Dinkheller

ThirdWatcher
02-03-10, 04:34
I don't think words can adequately describe what I really think about that f*#kstick.

I couldn't agree with you more, John. :)

G-2
02-03-10, 06:46
ignatious piazza has the class of a $5 whore. :mad:

That's totally unfair to $5.00 whores everywhere! ignatious would have to take an elevator 115 floors up to get to be the scum on the bottom of a $5.00 whores shoe.

That was one of the most vial display's we've ever seen. We'd send an email to that piece of shit@frontsite, but it would be a waste of effort.

That Deputy should have dropped that guy with 2 to the chest THE FIRST TIME he failed to follow instructions.

RIP Deputy Kyle Wayne Dinkheller

Littlelebowski
02-03-10, 07:01
I sent a note asking why he didn't at least setup a PayPal fund for the deputy's children's college.

Armati
02-03-10, 07:10
Ok, so that we all know what we are talking about, here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GX5kwVc9IOk

Before this thread I had never heard of this. Never the less, there was about 4 or 5 times when force would have been legal and justified. Why didn't he just beat the guy down with his ASP when the perp charged him? If a guy points a gun at me he is a dead man. I am a soldier - not a cop, so my threshold for dropping the hammer on an SOB is much lower. Honestly, it seems to me that the cop was scarred and very reluctant to use force. His voice commands were obviously not working.

Sorry, the deputy was a good cop but he was no killer. That day he ran into a killer and he didn't know the rules of game. The BG was ready, willing and able to kill and and the deputy came to have a little 'chat.'

While sad, I think everyone in the business should watch this and learn from it.

dbrowne1
02-03-10, 07:27
I've never had much regard for Iggy Pizza or his cult-like training club. This type of marketing just further reinforces my opinion.

vaglocker
02-03-10, 07:32
F*ck Iggy and his gay porn star mustache

d90king
02-03-10, 08:23
Since its deserved and everybody should know what kind of shit this guy sends out...

Two weeks ago I posted a blog entitled, Stop Screaming and Start Shooting that resulted in thousands of positive responses from subscribers who greatly appreciated the wake-up call it gave them.

Many of you were also quite thankful for the lifetime membership opportunity that was presented as a solution to help any law enforcement officer or private citizen rise to the heights of proper combat mindset, fast gun handling and expert marksmanship--forever avoiding the deadly fate that lurks for those who shoot too late and miss too much.

Well today I have another video for you that demonstrates the proper command presence, but clearly demonstrates how, once you make the decision to shoot, you must train yourself to block out everything else that is going on around you, focus on the front sight, and pressssss the trigger without disrupting your sight picture to decisively win a gun fight.

I say "decisively win" and not "survive" because who wants to just survive a lethal encounter?

Survive means you likely got shot or hurt but survived your wounds.

If you have a gun and our training, I want you to take your opponent down and put him out of the fight, without YOU suffering a scratch.

To do this, you must know WHEN it is time to stop talking and start shooting, and you must HIT with your first shots.

ANYTHING LESS and you are no longer the master of your own destiny as you must rely on dumb luck or an incompetent opponent to "survive" a lethal encounter. Miss your shots at your own peril.

Here is a video that demonstrates great command presence, but when the officer made the proper decision to shoot, he failed to focus on his front sight, lost his trigger control and missed repeatedly.

When you miss with your first shots, all the high speed, low drag training in the world, all the tactical advantage you created up to that point means nothing because you give a drunk, armed with a rifle the opportunity to fire back.

Again, only dumb luck or an incompetent opponent will allow you to survive when you miss with your first shots...

As I always try to provide a solution and not just criticism, watch this video and then see an opportunity for you to receive a lifetime of handgun training for next to nothing in cost so you will decisively win and not just survive a lethal encounter.

Watch this video and see the Front Sight Defensive Handgun Lifetime Membership Offer below...

Click Below to watch the video:

Fortunately, the officer involved had dumb luck and an incompetent opponent on his side.

Don't bet your life on such a gamble.

Take advantage of a Front Sight Lifetime Defensive Handgun Membership for less than the cost of a single course and be the master of your own destiny when you have a pistol in your hand!

(Only the first 200 will be accepted... Over 260,000 are reading this e-mail now so don't hesitate on this one!)

Get your Front Sight Lifetime Defensive Handgun Membership here.

If you are in law enforcement or simply own a gun for self defense, please take advantage of this membership so you NEVER bet your life on the incompetence of your opponent as you witnessed in this video.

I post a different article on this blog each Monday so I look forward to your visit every week.

If you have an interesting photo, story or tip about a relevant topic of interest to gun ownership, firearms training or Second Amendment issues, please feel free to send it to me at:

info@frontsight.com or

Ignatius@frontsight.com

If you want to take advantage of the Greatest Course, Gun, and CCW Permit Offer in the firearms training industry see this link: https://www.frontsight.com/free-gun.asp

See you next week.

Sincerely,

Dr. Ignatius Piazza
Founder and Director
Front Sight Firearms Training Institute
P.O. Box 2619
Aptos, CA 95001

This one is priceless.

One Day Left to Secure Front Sight Endorsed
"Killing Machine" DVD's

Take Advantage of This Amazing, At Home DVD Series BEFORE the
Deadline If You Want to Grab All the Valuable Bonuses Before
They are Removed!

Get it now at: https://m260.infusionsoft.com/go/FS/FS/

Dear ,

You only have one day left to secure Tim Larkin's, Target Focus
Training DVDs that will leave you as excited and humbled
as Marc Johnson of Prospect Park, PA.

Here is what Marc has to tell you...

Dr. Piazza,

I took your endorsement of Tim's materials seriously
and the DVD's just arrived at my place outside of
Philadelphia.

Needless to say, I'm like a kid with a new Christmas toy,
staying up late to study them.

So far, they have revealed the gap between my understanding of
the true application of violence in a life-saving way.

This is a similar situation as what I experienced on my first
day at Front Sight. I was excited to be there, yet "humbled"
by the knowledge gap I had.

Lucky for us, there are those like you & Tim who have provided
a path to levels of competence in critically important
subject matters.

Just wanted to say, Thank You!

Regards,
Marc Johnson
Prospect Park, PA

You too will be thankful to have Tim Larkin's At Home,
Target Focus Training DVD's, but you only have ONE day left!

Get them now at: https://m260.infusionsoft.com/go/FS/FS/

If you did not get this offer earlier, I have included the
last e-mail below for your review:

Here is what a Front Sight student and member who
took advantage of the offer last week had to say about
it:

Dr. Piazza,

I read your newsletter with your first TFT endorsement.
I must say that I was skeptical at first, but when you
said, "TFT is to unarmed combat what Front Sight is to a
gun fight", I thought, "If the founder of Front Sight is
saying its that good, them I'm in". I wasn't disappointed.

I devoured the DVD set. From the first DVD to the last,
these guys are the real deal. No fluff. No BS. No Martial
Arts mentality. No bowing to Grand Master Fubah.

Like Front Sight, they focus only on getting you quickly
and efficiently to the point where you can be effective in
a real life situation. Their teaching approach is remarkably
similar to Front Sight. They, like you discard all the fluff
and BS and refine the essentials.

The instructors are trained experts themselves.
This is hard core training to do violence with your bare
hands, feet, elbows, any tool you have, without the drill
sergeant mentality.

I actually find the Front Sight and TFT to be quite
complimentary. While I can use my AR-15 or my Tactical 12
gauge for home defense, or my trusty .45 ACP for my personal
carry, there may be times when I can't access those weapons
quickly enough. In those cases, TFT teaches me to injure the
other person now, make him non functional either by fists,
boots, knife or gun, which ever tool is the best option at the
best time. At a minimum, causing an immediate injury will
give me the 1.5 seconds I need to draw from concealment and
fire two, well-placed shots to the thoracic cavity like Front
Sight taught me.

It is fantastic.

Alan Jacques
San Diego, CA

Here it is: https://m260.infusionsoft.com/go/FS/FS/

And here is what another Front Sight student and member who
took advantage of the offer has to say about it:

Dr. Piazza

I signed up for Target Focus Training's offer and I'm
working my way through the videos and books.

I gotta tell you, this program is indispensable and
absolutely required stuff if you hope to fulfill your
responsibility to beat the predators.

Tim Larkin's method is simplicity itself. It's how the
predators do it.

Thanks big time for telling us about it!

James Bell
Telecom Engineer
Oakland, CA

If you have not yet taken advantage of Tim Larkin's
(at home) Target Focus Training Self Defense DVD offer
then do so NOW before they are all gone.

Here is the link:

https://m260.infusionsoft.com/go/FS/FS/

If you want to know WHY I recommended that EVERYONE
associated with Front Sight take advantage of Tim Larkin's
(at home) Target Focus Training Self Defense DVD offer,
then read what one old, fat, out of shape guy had to say
last week...

Dr. Piazza,

I want to report an incident which took place in Rome.

We had toured the city on the open-top buses, and just
enjoyed a glass of wine at an outdoor cafe near the bus
terminal.

We were walking toward the taxi stand and I noticed a
small group of ruffians lounging around the entrance to
the subway. As we walked along two of them left the
group and began to follow us and close the distance.
When one of them reached into my back pocket I grabbed
him by the neck, rotated through and bounced him off the
wall of a building. I put him on the ground and
ascertained that he had nothing of mine in his hands. I
looked around for his companion and discovered that he
had run off. (My significant other was holding her
walking stick ready to strike at either of them).

Now let me describe myself... I am 57 years old, 5' 11"
and 330 pounds. I am in lousy physical shape, as I work
behind a desk and eat too much and don't get enough
exercise.

My significant other is older than I am, and neither of
us is likely to run away from a dangerous situation
successfully.

How did I become an old, fat, out of shape killing
machine? Well the old, fat, and out of shape part took
years to perfect, but sometime in 2006 I became aware of
Tim Larkin and Target Focus Training...

I was interested in the philosophy expressed on the TFT
web-site. https://m260.infusionsoft.com/go/FS/FS/

Two things impressed me immediately.

The first was the concentration on function, not form.
The objective is to cause a disabling injury to your
opponent.

Second, the training is available to people of every
size, gender and physical condition. The size or
condition of the opponent is of secondary importance
because the physiological reactions to the TFT strikes
and kicks are involuntary.

If one learns to deliver a disabling injury and follows
through, no opponent can prevent one's successful self
defense.

I ordered the DVD set and it arrived promptly.

Tim Larkin made the point that criminal violence doesn't
depend on skill or practice, but on inflicting injury on
a victim. I watched the DVDs every night for a week and
realized that this information was useful and of vital
importance.

The sessions are well described, the instructions are
clear, and the practice shown is illustrative and
helpful. I learned a good deal from this abbreviated set
of DVDs and was determined to get more TFT training.

When the sixteen disc course became available I
immediately sent for it. It took me a couple of weeks of
evening sessions to watch the whole series, which
essentially condenses the three day live course into
about 16 hours of instruction.

This set of DVDs is terrific!

The whole course is presented logically, with the
sections on asocial violence, legal responsibility and
post incident considerations thoroughly handled.

Each section on different types of injuries is concisely
covered, and the demonstrations are just as real as when
you are attending the class. No one is seriously
injured, thanks to the quality of the instruction, but
some of the instructors and mastery class members come
away with bruises. You watch real people practicing the
moves, being coached by first class instructors and
learning to strike, rotate and follow through.

I have re-watched almost every one of those discs and
find each time that I learn more and reinforce the
training. The technical side is thoroughly and carefully
explained and the time devoted to practice and coaching
makes it clear how the training works and why it does.

I cannot endorse them highly enough, and would cheerfully
buy them again at full price, which is remarkable for
someone as frugal as myself.

I like to travel and to walk around the various cities we
visit both in the U.S. and abroad. In the past I have
been apprehensive in various neighborhoods and wondered
how I would react if we were confronted by bad guys.

I regarded many younger larger and probably stronger
individuals as threatening, especially in unfamiliar
neighborhoods and unknown cultural situations.

I stayed aware, and tried to appear confident but I was
uncertain what I would do if violence began.

With the benefit of the TFT training DVDs I know that,
while anyone can be outnumbered (and TFT is excellent on
dealing with multiple adversaries) I have the tools to
protect myself and my significant other against an
attacker.

Since viewing and reviewing the TFT DVDs I look at bad
guys on the street as potential Targets, not as Threats.
It is hard to convey in words how profound the
transformation has been.

The TFT training DVD course is extremely thorough,
dealing with everything from the nature of violence to
the physics and physiology of inflicting injury to
dealing with armed attackers and multiple adversaries.

I do not believe that anyone can watch the whole sixteen
hours or so and not come away prepared to defend him or
herself effectively from violence in our society.

I'm a great example of how anyone of any age or physical
condition can learn how violence works, and how to
counter it by causing injury to an opponent.

I can't think of a better opportunity to learn how, than
these TFT training DVD's and want to thank you for
bringing this information to the attention of your Front
Sight students.

You are right, an unimaginable amount of freedom and self
confidence is gained through knowing how to incapacitate
a violent opponent within 5 seconds or less. Take it
from me, you are also correct that everyone should own
this amazing DVD collection!

Sincerely,

John Rapinchuk
Importer
San Francisco

Do what John Rapinchuk did and gain a profound
transformation in your ability to walk the streets in
command and control, regardless of your age, size, or
physical shape.

I recommend that YOU and EVERYONE associated with
Front Sight take advantage of this amazing offer to receive
Tim Larkin's (At Home) Target Focus Training DVD Package.

Here it is: https://m260.infusionsoft.com/go/FS/FS/

I mean it. I have never endorsed ANYONE before, but I
am endorsing Tim Larkin and his (At Home) Target Focus
Training DVD Package because what Front Sight is to
Firearms Training, Tim Larkin is to unarmed self
defense. No exaggeration. He is the real deal.

I'm as serious as a gun fight here.

EVERYBODY reading this e-mail should take advantage of
what Tim Larkin is offering... EVERYBODY!

I speak from experience as I know Tim personally, have
had him train my own Front Sight instructors, and I
have ALL of his materials in my at home training
library!

The fact that he has made his best package of at home
instructional DVD's available for you is nothing short
of astounding!

Get it here: https://m260.infusionsoft.com/go/FS/FS/

(I actually told Tim he is foolish to do this because
he is giving away all his best, most efficient training
material for next to nothing... And after you receive
his most deadly, easiest to learn and quickest
incapacitation techniques on DVD's to use and train
with at home, there would be no reason for you to
attend his live seminars, but he wouldn't listen to
me...)

Honestly, you probably couldn't get into his courses
anyway because he is spending much of his time these
days overseas, training military and special operations
forces in the techniques required to incapacitate an
opponent with your bare hands in less than five
seconds, no matter how much bigger or stronger he is
than you and whether he has a weapon or not!

I'm not blowing smoke. Again, this is serious stuff.
EVERYONE, no matter what your age or physical condition
can very quickly learn and use Tim Larkin's Target
Focus Training techniques.

So here is your chance. Don't blow it because I doubt
Tim will ever do this again and you won't ever see me
endorsing another trainer to my list of subscribers.

Take advantage of Tim Larkin's (At Home) Target Focus
Training DVD Package by going here:

You will be glad you did and you will be as equally
impressed with Tim Larkin as I am.

Again, I want YOU to take advantage of this offer and
then share the DVD's with your immediate family so they
too can command their immediate environment even if
they do not have their gun with them.

Sincerely,

Dr. Ignatius Piazza
Founder and Director
P. O. Box 2619
Aptos, CA 95001
http://www.frontsight.com
info@frontsight.com

There are many more, but I dont feel like going through my trash bin to dig them out!

Buckaroo
02-03-10, 10:06
Well, I have now seen something worse than the Extenze infomercials.

This guy is scum and needs to be shamed out of business. First for hype and scare tactics but ultimately for using the death of an officer to promote his business.

Will be sending my email shortly.

Buckaroo

d90king
02-03-10, 10:17
Well, I have now seen something worse than the Extenze infomercials.

This guy is scum and needs to be shamed out of business. First for hype and scare tactics but ultimately for using the death of an officer to promote his business.

Will be sending my email shortly.

Buckaroo

That's why I posted them so that people can see the 'televangalist" promoting style. I have more, but got tired of finding them in my trash bin. There are a few more that are worthy of posting. I have no idea how I got on the list...

Buckaroo
02-03-10, 10:18
My email (thanks to GSG for the framework)

Dear Dirtbag,

I'd use "sir" but clearly you don't qualify.

I find your use of a video that shows a man's death as a marketing campaign ghoulish and mercenary in the extreme.

I'm one that won't be using your school and I will vigorously encourage others to avoid you as well.

Your actions are beyond understanding and are blatantly self-serving.

You have done the law-abiding gun community a great disservice.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

I call on you to cease and desist this detestable marketing ploy immediately and to publish a written apology to Deputy Dinkheller's family and associates.

Sincerely,

woodandsteel
02-03-10, 10:25
Never the less, there was about 4 or 5 times when force would have been legal and justified. Why didn't he just beat the guy down with his ASP when the perp charged him?

We'll never know why.

When we were shown this video, the instructor told us that after the fact the suspect was asked about the encounter. He apparently told the investigators that had the deputy shown a greater use of force at the beginning, he never would have shot him. Personally, I think that the suspect is full of crap. He is just trying to blame the victim here.

However, a good number of officer deaths start out as physical assaults. So, officers need to be prepared to use a greater amount of force (one level above) than that which is being used against them.

Littlelebowski
02-03-10, 10:29
Though discussion is about the reprehensible use of said video, it should be noted that the deputy had been recently reprimanded for excessive use of force.

CoryCop25
02-03-10, 10:43
They showed this video a few years ago in one of my update classes at the academy. We have to go once a year for 2 days. A little background about this video and why it was made public. The Deputy was reprimanded a few weeks before this incident because he drew his weapon at a minority and had a complaint lodged against him. When this incident occurred, he hesitated and paid the ultimate price. Several LEOs from that SO were forced to retire after the shooting. You can always put the gun away after you pull it out. That's much better than not using it and getting killed or hesitating because you are thinking about getting in trouble because you are on probation.

Front Sight uses a marketing technique that boasts that they can teach you to shoot better than most law enforcement in this country. They are banking on the idea that some police don't really care about the tactical angle of the job or that very large PDs have officers that never shot a gun until they entered the police academy.

Front Sight also produced a tv show that put two of their students up against two LEOs or former military. They would use their style of shooting and training that the students were familiar with and let the cops follow directions. The cops did win most of the time.

My friend swears on Front Sight and is a life member. When he came back from a class, he was telling me about the instruction and he touched on the fact that they had to do it their way and they would be reprimanded if they performed a drill using a different technique.

I would only take a class there if I could go for free ONLY to see what they have up their sleeve. After this little scheme, I may not.

Gutshot John
02-03-10, 10:56
I received a reply (presumably from ****o but probably a lackey) I won't go into it here but suffice to say he isn't burdened by honor, decency nor a conscience. In fact the tone I would describe as smug.

He gives gun owners a bad name.

Wayne Dobbs
02-03-10, 10:59
And don't forget that Iggy will help you convert to Scientology or be a victim of his land frauds if the firearms training isn't enough...

He's like dog shit in the grooves of your Vibram soles...you just can't seem to get all of it washed off.

Gutshot John
02-03-10, 11:24
http://www.pahrumpvalleytimes.com/2009/May-15-Fri-2009/news/28773367.html

Wow I had no idea what a crook he really is.

Mac5.56
02-03-10, 11:52
Exploiting the tragic death of an LEO is utterly vile & despicable.

Isn't exploiting the death of anyone vile? I personally feel it is.

BiggLee71
02-03-10, 12:19

Yup, it is. All I can say is I am constantly amazed by the new lows humanity will stoop to just to make a buck.

Mac5.56
02-03-10, 12:21
So this is the second scum bag training group that has been featured on this forum, and ripped apart by forum members. If I decide to attend a training facility I will be coming here and asking this forum which facility to attend as you all seem to be well aware of the bad apples and their past.

I would like to add something to this conversation and if I offend, I apologize.

One of the things that turned me away from the firearms "community" for years, and kept me a closet shooter was attitudes similar to what I see with this guy and the other instructor in the "Don't Shoot The Photographer" thread. It's an ego of extreme arrogance, lack of class, and a use of firearms and training as an exploitative tool to play off one's fears.

This country is obsessed with fear, it's wrapped up in fear, and many a citizen utilizes fear as a justification for the majority of their actions. Our national economy itself is based off of an Economy of Fear. The collapse of the media giants is seeing more and more shows and news casts that exploit this in order to increase ratings. Front Sight is using this video to do the same sensationalist crap, and it is reprehensible! But as a nation Fear has become a marketing technique. This doesn't excuse his behavior, rather it just puts it on par with many of the media outlets that utilize the same tactics to make a buck!

Oscar 319
02-03-10, 14:31
I applaude all of you for your stance on this deplorable exploitation of this young mans tragic death.

This re-affirms why I choose to hang my hat here at M4C.

DeputyMend
02-03-10, 17:35
This is the email I sent:

F@ck you.

From,
Someone you could have made money off of.

I probably could have articulated my thoughts better if I wasn't so disgusted. Honestly, I don't think that any amount of email, intelligent or otherwise, is going to have any effect on a piece of shit like Dr. Ignatius Piazza.

I was thinking of taking a class there, not now, nor ever.

dbrowne1
02-03-10, 17:57
http://www.pahrumpvalleytimes.com/2009/May-15-Fri-2009/news/28773367.html

Wow I had no idea what a crook he really is.

I remember reading about all of his financial woes a while back. The only silver lining that could come out of all this would be a situation where somebody with real credentials and functioning moral compass buys the facility - which, notwithstanding Iggy's issues, is supposedly very good - at a bargain.

ThirdWatcher
02-03-10, 18:56

I agree.

Gutshot John
02-03-10, 19:22
I remember reading about all of his financial woes a while back. The only silver lining that could come out of all this would be a situation where somebody with real credentials and functioning moral compass buys the facility - which, notwithstanding Iggy's issues, is supposedly very good - at a bargain.

It's amazing to me that people patronize this asshat.

In "his" email to me he claimed "260000 students disagree with you."

In 12 years that equals 13000/students a year or about ~1100 students a month. I'm highly skeptical of his numbers given that he seems to be a pathological liar but even still if he's putting out half that many students he needs an awful lot of instructors with what qualifications? Who are they? What are his students getting?

He's ostensibly preparing these people to fight and they might think they're prepared but will only get killed.

These people are getting conned by a snake oil salesman.

glocktogo
02-03-10, 22:29
It's amazing to me that people patronize this asshat.

In "his" email to me he claimed "260000 students disagree with you."

In 12 years that equals 13000/students a year or about ~1100 students a month. I'm highly skeptical of his numbers given that he seems to be a pathological liar but even still if he's putting out half that many students he needs an awful lot of instructors with what qualifications? Who are they? What are his students getting?

He's ostensibly preparing these people to fight and they might think they're prepared but will only get killed.

These people are getting conned by a snake oil salesman.

He isn't getting 1100 students a month average. He considers anyone who ever signed up for an email alert to be a "student". Hell, I signed up for an email alert early on before I quickly figured out what it was. Then I unsubscribed like dropping a hot rock! I've certainly never been a student and Front Sight has only ever taught me to be more selective about who I give my email address to!

The term charlatan comes to mind. :mad:

11B101ABN
02-04-10, 03:05
Ok, so that we all know what we are talking about, here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GX5kwVc9IOk

Before this thread I had never heard of this. Never the less, there was about 4 or 5 times when force would have been legal and justified. Why didn't he just beat the guy down with his ASP when the perp charged him? If a guy points a gun at me he is a dead man. I am a soldier - not a cop, so my threshold for dropping the hammer on an SOB is much lower. Honestly, it seems to me that the cop was scarred and very reluctant to use force. His voice commands were obviously not working.

Sorry, the deputy was a good cop but he was no killer. That day he ran into a killer and he didn't know the rules of game. The BG was ready, willing and able to kill and and the deputy came to have a little 'chat.'

While sad, I think everyone in the business should watch this and learn from it.

Let me clear up a thing or two:
Dink was berated by his command staff for being to "aggressive" and quick to draw.

That is why he hesitated. his CoC is as responsible for his death as the cocksucker that shot him.

He knew the "rules", dude.

Dont assume you know what happened in that video simply because you watched it once.

In addition, I agree w/ an earlier poster: If an 'instructor has never been in a uniform and in a gunfight, there is nothing he can teach me about how to survive one.

SW-Shooter
02-04-10, 03:20
A rat will always be a rat. They just change zip codes, put on a fancy suit, and walk the talk. Con men are still a dime a dozen, they just are more sophisticated in this day and age. They still feed off of the misery and pain of everyone around them. He will eventually have to answer for this when he's called upon.

Gombey
02-04-10, 04:12
I remember seeing that a few weeks ago.....I couldn't watch the whole thing. Truth be told I WAS intrested in taking the four day class. But after seeing that....and then reading the news story posted here. DUN!!! Can't business that folly!!!!

Is he even a real doctor?! Or is that just further posing?

BIGUGLY
02-04-10, 09:06
After being required to watch many LEO deaths in the Academy that video is the one that never left my mind. The use of that Deputy's death to advertise is not only disgusting but pathetic.

Shane1
02-04-10, 11:30
Call NRA Publications and let them know how you feel. 703-267-1300

Shane1
02-04-10, 11:33
Say what you will about the NRA but as of 12:29 this am, they will not be running any advertising from him in the future. In fact, they pulled the ad out of the April issue that was headed to the printers.

Gutshot John
02-04-10, 12:56
Say what you will about the NRA but as of 12:29 this am, they will not be running any advertising from him in the future. In fact, they pulled the ad out of the April issue that was headed to the printers.

The guy I spoke with at the NRA membership "Tyson" had no clue. Keep calling people.

d90king
02-04-10, 12:58
I also have called, but had to leave a message. I believe the guy in charge of advertising name is either Jim or Joe... I will be calling again.

Wayne Dobbs
02-04-10, 13:20
[QUOTE

Is he even a real doctor?! Or is that just further posing?[/QUOTE]

He's a chiropractor...

woodandsteel
02-04-10, 13:35
[QUOTE

Is he even a real doctor?! Or is that just further posing?

He's a chiropractor...

Nevermind...

I can discuss his credentials later.....

Shane1
02-04-10, 13:39
Gutshot John,

I actually received the call right after I had posted the Publications number. I looked at the # on the caller id and at the number I had just posted. They have also called other folks direct to tell them the same thing.

d90king
02-04-10, 13:47
I just received a call from Jim Handlon and was informed that they have ended their relationship with Front Sight. The current issue is already printed, but they will no longer allow his ads in any of their publications moving forward. He is sending me an email confirming it and I will post it as soon as I receive it.

d90king
02-04-10, 13:58
Email:

All:

We will not accept future ads from the Front Sight Institute. Unfortunately, the March issue is already printed, so it's too late to pull that ad.

Jim Handlon
Marketing Manager
NRA Publications
(703) 267-1323
JHandlon@nrahq.org

d90king
02-04-10, 14:00
Talk about irony... Look what just came in my in box.

February 4, 2010
Dr. Ignatius Piazza
Founder and Director
http://www.frontsight.com/free-gun.asp

We Just Hired 3 Instructors and We Are Looking for More...

Dear ,

Well, we are off to another blazing year at Front Sight!

Front Sight has doubled every year for 13 straight years
and we just doubled January 2010 as compared to January
2009 so we are already on track to double again in 2010.

It seems everywhere I look, businesses big and small are
cutting back, laying people off, as a result of the
economy.

Well, that is NOT what is happening to Front Sight. We are
NOT laying anybody off! Just the opposite, we are HIRING!

We are looking for more good men and women as we continue
to grow and expand.

Much like in the Marine Corps, where everybody is a
rifleman first and then fills other specialty positions,
at Front Sight everyone is a firearms instructor first,
and then fills other specialty positions.

So Front Sight is looking to hire firearms instructors.

Do you have what it takes to become a Front Sight
Instructor?

You may be surprised at what we look for in the people we
hire.

Sure, if you are already a retired military or law
enforcement instructor we can easily train you technically
to become a Front Sight Instructor, but there is much more
to being part of the greatest instructional staff in the
world than just having firearms experience.

It is through our Instructor Development Program, we
CREATE great firearms instructors from GREAT people.

If you are what we are looking for, then we can train you
to be a great instructor. If you already have firearms
instruction experience, it just makes our job easier.

Click on the video link below to determine if you have the
right stuff to become part of the Front Sight Firearms
Training Instructional Staff.

If you think you have what it takes, then E-Mail ME Your
Resume. (It says in the video to call a number, but you
can short cut that process by just e-mailing me your
resume.)

And remember while you watch the video that there are
REASONS why Front Sight has doubled each and every year
through the same obstacles that cause corporate giants to
lay off thousands of people.

First and foremost, EVERY member of our staff, from the
top of the organization to the most recent hired team
member LEADS BY EXAMPLE.

1: We consistently provide our students with an experience
that is MORE than they expect.

2: We consistently provide our students with an experience
that is BETTER than they expect.

3. We consistently provide our students with GREATER VALUE
than they expect.

If you think you too can deliver MORE, BETTER, GREATER and
have what it takes to be trained as a Front Sight
Instructor, then watch this video and E-Mail ME Your
Resume. (It says in the video to call a number, but you
can short cut that by just e-mailing me your resume.)

http://www.frontsight.com/video/front-sight-instructors.asp

A full time Front Sight Range Master earns approximately
$50,000 per year by imparting the Comfort of Skill at Arms
to the law abiding citizens who seek Front Sight's world
class firearms training experience.

Numerous part time instructor positions are available as
well for those who can dedicate their part-time firearms
instruction exclusively to Front Sight.

All training and instructing is conducted on our 550 acre
facility near Las Vegas, Nevada.

Click on the video link below to determine if you have the
right stuff to become part of the Front Sight Firearms
Training Instructional Staff. If you think you have what
it takes, then E-Mail ME Your Resume. (It says in the
video to call a number, but you can short cut that process
by just e-mailing me your resume.)

http://www.frontsight.com/video/front-sight-instructors.asp

If you can't be an instructor, then at least do what
thousands of students each month are doing and take a
course at Front Sight. You will not find any better
training in America and you will never find a better Gun,
Gear and Course Offer in the world than My Greatest Course
Offer Ever...

See: https://www.frontsight.com/free-gun.asp

If you act fast you can receive 5 Days of Training and a
30 State Concealed Weapons Permit for pennies-on-the-
dollar Plus a New Gun and Tactical Gear at no charge!

See: https://www.frontsight.com/free-gun.asp

I look forward to seeing you as a student or in our
Instructor Development Program at Front Sight!

Sincerely,

Dr. Ignatius Piazza
Founder and Director
P. O. Box 2619
Aptos, CA 95001
info@frontsight.com

civilian
02-04-10, 14:17
This dude is long overdue for some justice. How the brethren in that state have allowed him to continue with his f-tard ways is beyond me.

glocktogo
02-04-10, 14:20
Email:

All:

We will not accept future ads from the Front Sight Institute. Unfortunately, the March issue is already printed, so it's too late to pull that ad.

Jim Handlon
Marketing Manager
NRA Publications
(703) 267-1323
JHandlon@nrahq.org

AWESOME! :)

Gutshot John
02-04-10, 20:32
Gutshot John,

I actually received the call right after I had posted the Publications number. I looked at the # on the caller id and at the number I had just posted. They have also called other folks direct to tell them the same thing.

Good deal. Thanks for following up.

d90king
02-04-10, 20:56
Guys, I think it is important to recognize Jim and the publication for their swift action to our concerns. We are often quick to point out wrong but should be just as quick to acknowledge right.

Take the time to send Jim and his boss, who was off and still authorized pulling the ads, a quick email of thanks.

Gutshot John
02-04-10, 21:02
Guys, I think it is important to recognize Jim and the publication for their swift action to our concerns. We are often quick to point out wrong but should be just as quick to acknowledge right.

Take the time to send Jim and his boss, who was off and still authorized pulling the ads, a quick email of thanks.

Done.

SW-Shooter
02-04-10, 21:12
Anyone a member of Calguns? Put up a thread there about this and zumbinator him.:D I bet they can do damage to his "rep".

Buckaroo
02-04-10, 21:15
My email to Jim Handlon

Jim,

Thank you for taking decisive action against Front Sight Institute and Dr. Ignatius Piazza for using the dash cam death video of Laurens County, GA Deputy Kyle Dinkheller for promotional and advertising purposes.

Once again, I am proud to be a NRA member!

I posted this on my state board as well.

Buckaroo

Eric
02-04-10, 21:56

Well said.
Done and info linked elsewhere.

kaiservontexas
02-04-10, 22:54
That video made me wish I was driving up on it and could help him. Man does that video make me angry. Officer or not that is just coldblooded and gets my hackles up. I did not respond because of that as I had to cool down. (Burpees are awesome btw I just did them for the first time.)

I also think he is using that video wrong. What is he trying to say? It makes no sense to me. He is not a LEO. He does not pull people over. I do not pull people over. As for screaming at somebody that is a threat to me, well I am not a LEO I will react as the situation warrants, which is usually walking away for me and so far never pulling a firearm. He comes off as a blowhard. I used to read his e-mails a long time ago but thankfully they just stopped. I learned nothing from those e-mails. I hope he loses his company.

d90king
02-05-10, 16:14
The latest.... Let him know how you feel about him guys! Maybe we can shame him out of business. God this guy is scum! He even tries to appeal to the "tea party" participants and "patriots".

Dr. Ignatius Piazza
Friday, February 5, 2010

Dear ,

I continue to get hundreds of people each week asking me to please extend a special offer to them that they previously missed.

Well, over this "Super Bowl Weekend" I will "turn back the clock" to give you another shot at our "Super Offers of 2009" because I appreciate the fact that you read my e-mails each week and forward them to all your family and friends.

Please understand Front Sight's mission, our overriding purpose, is to positively change the image of gun ownership by arming and training responsible Americans to levels that exceed law enforcement and military standards without any boot camp mentality or drill instructor attitudes.

For this reason alone, I do everything I possibly can to make that happen with all the different opportunities I create and offer you.

As so many of my Monday Blog Posts and weekly e-mails have demonstrated, there is GREAT benefit to you, your family, your neighborhood, community, and ultimately our country when YOU and YOUR FAMILY become Front Sight trained.

It seems with each passing year, the importance of being armed and trained becomes more vital. 2010 will prove it once again.

This mission is Front Sight's passion and you have an entire organization of dedicated men and women working long hours and weekends to assist you in this goal. So please take advantage of what we offer.

I'm going to "turn back time" a bit and give you and your family the opportunity to take advantage of ANY of the unbelievable training opportunities I offered during 2009 that you may have missed.

That's right! You know, the great offers that you procrastinated in responding to and missed the deadline... or were on vacation and when you checked your e-mail upon your return, the offer had come and gone... or the offer you had wanted so badly but at the time, you just could not swing it... whatever the reason, here's your chance to grab it OVER THE NEXT THREE DAYS.

Again, THIS OFFER IS GOOD UNTIL 6:00pm PST Sunday, February 7 ONLY. Don't miss this!

My office staff, Jon, Ian and Jim will be working 8:00am to 6:00pm PST so you can call and take advantage of my "Turn Back the Clock" offer.

Call them today at 1.800.987.7719.

To refresh your memory on some of the great offers you may have missed, here are a few of them...

Any Two Day Course Certificate for only $100. Good for new or returning students. Minimum order of 5 or more Certificates, purchase with a credit card over the phone. Call 1.800.987.7719 and Jon, Ian or Jim will take your order.

OR

Four Day Defensive Handgun Course Certificate for only $300. Must be for student's first course. Minimum order of 2 or more Certificates, purchase with a credit card. Call 1.800.987.7719 and Jon, Ian, or Jim will take your order.

OR

ANY COURSE Certificate for only $500. Good for new or returning students. Minimum order of 1 or more Certificates, purchase with a credit card over the phone.

OR

Special Two Day Course LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP with Bonus AK-47, Mossberg Shotgun, or Pocket Pistol.

Attend the Two Day Defensive Handgun, Two Day Tactical Shotgun, and Two Day Practical Rifle courses as many times as you wish for the rest of your life and pay for it with 3 Easy Payment Options of:

____ 48 monthly credit card payments of just $25 for a total cost of $1,200 OR

____ 36 monthly credit card payments of $30 for a total cost of $1,080 OR

____ Single payment of $995 (You Save $205!) THAT'S RIGHT! Only $995.

PLUS... As a SPECIAL BONUS, for the FIRST 500 who pay with a single payment of $995, I will give you YOUR CHOICE of EITHER a Kel Tec 9mm Pocket Pistol OR Mossberg 500 Combo 12 Gauge Shotgun OR Romanian AK-47.

Call 1.800.987.7719 and Jon, Ian or Jim will take your order.

OR

For those of you who participated in any marches on Washington DC or Tea Party Rallies or Pro Gun events anywhere in the country here is another chance at the VERY Special Reward I offered you:

The Front Sight 9/12 Lifetime Membership provides the following benefits:

Attend the following courses Free of Charge and As Many Times As You Wish FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE:

- Two Day Defensive Handgun
- Two Day Tactical Shotgun
- Two Day Practical Rifle
- Four Day Defensive Handgun
- Four Day Tactical Shotgun
- Four Day Practical Rifle
- Two Day Handgun Skill Builder
- Two Day Advanced Tactical Handgun
- Four Day Handgun Combat Master Prep

Total cost for a Front Sight 9/12 Lifetime Membership is a single payment $912.00.

That's right! Only $912 for a lifetime of training in our 9 most popular two day and four day courses, but you have to have been one of the patriots who marched on Washington DC or in any of the Pro Gun or Tea Party Rallies.

There certainly were more great offers in 2009 than what is listed above, so if there was one you really wanted, but for any reason missed it, call 1.800.987.7719 and Jon, Ian or Jim will take your order.

I sincerely hope that if you couldn't take advantage of any of our great offers in 2009, you can take advantage of their brief return over the next three days.

Here's wishing you and your family an "Armed and Trained" 2010.

(This may be the year you and the rest of the country really need it!)

Sincerely,

Dr. Ignatius Piazza
Founder and Director
P.O. Box 2619
Aptos, CA 95001
info@frontsight.com

WGG
02-10-10, 14:39
I forwarded this thread to a coworker who is a member of Front Sight. He forwarded it to them and received the response below.
This guy is a real piece of work.

Dr. Ignatius Piazza
Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Dear ,
It seems a very vocal minority of law enforcement types have taken offense to my blog post below.
I say a very vocal minority because for every 100 or so positive responses I have received from law enforcement officers around the country, thanking me for this post, I have received a nasty e-mail from someone in law enforcement demanding that I remove the post and immediately apologize for exploiting the death of a fallen officer for Front Sight's profit.
Well, here is my response to those who were offended and have bullied their way on to chat rooms and forums to raise an outrage where there is none.
#1. I'm not the one who created, produced or edited the video in question.
#2. I'm not the one who released it to public domain by placing it on You Tube and other video sharing sites.
#3. I did not even search it out. It has been sent to me numerous times over the years by my law enforcement and private citizen students asking me to share it with other students as a teaching tool of what not to do in a lethal encounter.
#4. Nowhere in the video or this blog do I identify any individual officer or department, nor do I give any back story or epilogue that would identify or harm the image of the individuals or department involved. Ironically, only those who are demanding that I remove this video are guilty of identifying the officer, his family and his department in their inflammatory demands and outrageous accusations.
#5. The title, "Stop Screaming, Start Shooting" refers to the repeated screaming of commands by the officer when he clearly should have stopped screaming commands and started shooting. The title does not refer to his screams that followed during the gun fight.
#6. The demand by those law enforcement types that I immediately remove this blog and apologize for exploiting the death of an officer for profit, smacks of censorship and double standard. There are hundreds of violent crimes caught on video and 911 audios on the Internet from "for profit" sites (including law enforcement sites) where private citizens are injured or killed due to their lack of good judgment, tactics, and marksmanship, yet you do not see these same law enforcement types demanding that those videos be removed.
#7. As far as being a private, "for profit" training organization, which for some odd reason also seems to offend the vocal minority, may I state that a police officer or any employee of a government agency or even a non-profit organization who ACCEPTS A PAYCHECK is working "for profit."
#8. Am I sorry for the officer involved? Absolutely. I am sorry this officer did not receive the proper training and field supervision he needed to have the mindset, tactics and marksmanship skills to win a lethal encounter. Had he received proper training in mindset, tactics and marksmanship, he would be alive today. THAT is the reason and the ONLY reason why this blog was posted and why Front Sight provides special training offers attached to the blogs.
#9. Front Sight has a 14 year history of providing private citizens and law enforcement alike with a level of training that exceeds law enforcement and military standards without any boot camp mentality or drill instructors attitudes. To date, hundreds of thousands of people, private citizens and law enforcement alike have benefited from our training. Our post-course surveys prove 99.5% of our students love us and we welcome them back with our special offers and lifetime memberships. The other one half of 1 percent NOBODY can make happy as they look for the negative in anything positive and disrupt everyone else. We encourage the vocal minority to look for their training elsewhere.

Pathfinder Ops
02-10-10, 14:53
This is a ****ing disgusting PR ploy. I will actively engage in drawing business away from this organization.

As a human and a professional trainer I'm embarrassed by this.

Buckaroo
02-10-10, 15:48
To date, hundreds of thousands of people, private citizens and law enforcement alike have benefited from our training.

Really? Fourteen years, hundreds of thousands? He must mean he has sent out that many emails and that everyone who receives an email benefits...... :rolleyes:

I'll be watching for the downfall of Front Sight and the "Dr." as it should be fairly spectacular!

Buckaroo

GermanSynergy
02-10-10, 18:11
I emailed these clowns and told them to take my email off of their distro list. Even though it goes right to "spam", I'm sick of seeing it next to adverts for Cialis & fake watches....:D

kjdoski
02-10-10, 18:57
I'm always in the market for a new training venue for me and the guys assigned to my team. I hadn't gotten around to wading through Front Sight's stuff yet, but this shameless commercialized use of a video showing the death of a fellow officer will ensure that none of my people will EVER cross their doorstep.

What a disgusting display.

The video has A LOT of training merit, and I've used it myself to "jump start" folks who were hesitant to get into the fight in force-on-force scenarios. That's a WORLD of difference from using it as advertising.

I wish some of the dead Deputies partners would pay "Dr." Piazza a visit...

Regards,

Kevin

A-Bear680
02-11-10, 09:36
Good to see. Thanks for posting the address.

Email:

All:

Jim Handlon
Marketing Manager
NRA Publications
(703) 267-1323
JHandlon@nrahq.org

Thanks sent to Mr. Handlon.

Pathfinder Ops
02-14-10, 18:21
All,

After reading this thread I shared the thread with some of the professionals in my organization.

One of them decided to write an email to the good Dr at Frontsite clearly stating his horror and disgust at the use of the death video for the purposes of marketing.

Within hours of his email being received Dr Ignatius replied.

I have posted the content of BOTH emails below for your consideration In ITALICS.

My Instructor's message is at the bottom so start there and roll up ward.

Need less to say some of you (myself as well) will not be surprised by this.

AND FOR THE RECORD: From this point forward my organization and its Cadre will no longer accept nor recognize Frontsite training as satisfying Pathfinder's prerequisite for entrance to our Advanced programs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: ******@aol.com
Sent: 2/11/2010 2:11:52 P.M. Central Standard Time
Subj: RE: Video

Thanks for identifying yourself as one of the vocal minority.

We have plenty of great students and don’t need or want any like you.

Good luck in your training elsewhere.

Ignatius

Sent: Thursday, February 11, 2010 11:14 AM
To: info@frontsight.com
Subject: Video

Regarding the video of Deputy Dinkheller's shootout and subsequent death. This firmly steels me against ever attending any Frontsight classes or recommending you to anyone I know. Using the video in the classroom is one thing but posting it on the web for the world to see is another. That is one of the most tasteless things I've seen. And you THINK of yourselves as professionals.

Chris Roberts