PDA

View Full Version : Trijicon AccuPoint for precision rig???

MikeCLeonard
02-01-10, 23:42
I know that Leupold, U.S. Optics, Schmidt & Bender, and Nightforce are some of the big names in high-end optics commonly chosen for precision rifle rigs, but does anyone have experience using Trijicon's AccuPoint scopes on such rifles?

With the Acog line they have established themselves as a maker of high quality, and high durability scopes but I just never read much about anyone outfitting their bolt guns or .308 autos with Trijicons more powerful Accupoint line.

My interest in particular lies with the 5-20x50 TR23-2 shown below. Any opinions, impressions anyone could share about this line of glass?

Thanks!

http://trijicon.com/parts/TR23G_315-web1.jpg http://trijicon.com/parts/MilDot2g3.jpg

ccoker
02-02-10, 11:40
I have not used that particular scope but I have Accupoints on several rifles
I love them... the ill reticle system is well designed and just flat out works

great glass, not quite high end Euro glass but very good

I have thought about one of these for my LTR..

ICANHITHIMMAN
02-02-10, 22:36
I asked this same question over at the hide it only has something like 48" of elsevation thats no good!

wilsoncombatrep
02-03-10, 13:26
I love the Accupoints for hunting rifles and mid range AR's, but the 5x20x50 pictured doesn't have enough elevation travel for a Long Range precision rifle. Its a shame, because the glass is awesome.

ccoker
02-03-10, 13:28
so, you would have to have an angled +20 MOA mount right?
We don't have anywhere around here to shoot true long range

the other thing I would wonder about is the size of the dot, I would fear it would obscure too much target at long distance for shooting groups on paper
though I haven't checked the dot MOA specs

MikeCLeonard
02-03-10, 14:36
Thanks for the responses guys! So if I was putting one of these on a .308 and while considering it doesn't have a lot of elevation adjustment...What range do you think I'm going to be capped at, give or take?