PDA

View Full Version : Another JPE vtac question/problem

basilhaydenO
04-02-07, 19:12
Instead of cutting down my front sight tower, I decided that I would rather leave it intact and install the vtac "sight pocket", which basically has a notched out place for the sight tower to protrude through the tube (there is a rifle on JPrifles.com that has the setup). I also like the look of the long tube. Well, today I called JPenterprises and asked which length tube I would need for a midlength gas system to go along with the sight pocket. The tech. told me that they only make the setup for a cabine length gas system. He then told me not to switch from the midlength gas system b/c it was more reliable (I actually have learned this from reading here). He then told me that my best option would be to order the rifle length tube and cut out the hole for the sight tower myself. My question is, does anyone have an idea about how I would go about installing this thing? It seems to me that unless the tube is in two pieces, I couldn't get the tube over the sight tower to connect it to the barrel. But, it looks like the vtac is one solid peice. Uggh, any ideas?
Thanks
Kevin

David Thomas
04-02-07, 20:42
Take the front sight tower off and the reinstall it once you have installed the modified JP handguard. Your best bet is to have a qualified gunsmith do the work for you.