PDA

View Full Version : From the WTF Files

Outlander Systems
02-02-10, 21:03
Ex-Wife Tagged me in a FB photo, so I logged in and saw this:

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/3649/travisandjose.jpg

It's not the same guy, but my initial reaction was, "WTF!?!?"

Figured you guys would be the only folks I know who'd appreciate my reaction, the humour, and the irony.

Ed L.
02-02-10, 21:42
I don't get it.

DragonDoc
02-02-10, 21:51
Jose Padillo Alias(es) Abdullah al-Muhajir or Muhajir Abdullah. Convicted terrorist.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jos%C3%A9_Padilla_(prisoner)

José Padilla (born October 18, 1970), also known as Abdullah al-Muhajir or Muhajir Abdullah, is a United States citizen convicted of aiding terrorists.

Padilla was arrested in Chicago on May 8, 2002, and was detained as a material witness until June 9, 2002, when President George W. Bush designated him an illegal enemy combatant and transferred him to a military prison, arguing that he was thereby not entitled to trial in civilian courts. Padilla was held for three-and-a-half years as an "enemy combatant" after his arrest in 2002 on suspicion of plotting a radioactive "dirty bomb" attack. That charge was dropped and his case was moved to a civilian court after pressure from civil liberties groups.

On January 3, 2006, he was transferred to a Miami, Florida, jail to face criminal conspiracy charges. On August 16, 2007, José Padilla was found guilty, by a federal jury, of charges against him that he conspired to kill people in an overseas jihad and to fund and support overseas terrorism. He was widely described in media as a suspect of planning to build and explode a "dirty bomb" in the United States, but he was ultimately neither charged of this crime, nor convicted on such a charge.

On January 22, 2008, Padilla was sentenced by Judge Marcia G. Cooke of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida to 17 years and four months in prison. His mother, Estela Ortega Lebron was relieved but announced that they would appeal the judgment: "You have to understand that the government was asking for 30 years to life sentence in prison. We have a chance to appeal, and in the appeal we're gonna do better."[

LMarshall73
02-02-10, 22:06
I saw and thought the same thing. Laughed out loud in fact.

jakjakman
02-02-10, 22:43
Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer? ;)

Outlander Systems
02-02-10, 22:49
Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer? ;)

:p

I love it.

m4fun
02-02-10, 23:12
The Internet - bringing us all closer.

MegaHurts
02-03-10, 00:16
Wow thats crazy lol.

kwelz
02-03-10, 09:13
I am more shocked that Travis has a Facebook page.

C4IGrant
02-03-10, 10:42
I am more shocked that Travis has a Facebook page.

Oh ya. He is REALLY popular on there.

G&R also have a page on there as well and we have been known to leak special discounts or new relases of products on there. ;)

C4

kwelz
02-03-10, 10:45

G&R also have a page on there as well and we have been known to leak special discounts or new relases of products on there. ;)

C4

And you have a new Fan on there as well.

Why am I always the last ones to know about these things!

Icculus
02-03-10, 15:20

C4

Don't tell me that. I have diligently avoided Facebook, Myspace, twitter, etc. like the plague. Now I might have to sign up just find out about these special leaked discounts. Damnit

kwelz
02-03-10, 15:20
Myspace is for teenage girls
Twitter can be useful I guess.

Facebook has become a must have in politics and marketing. Not to mention hooking up again with old Girlfriends :D

Byron
02-03-10, 15:27
Facebook has become a must have in politics and marketing. Not to mention hooking up again with old Girlfriends
I've never made a "This" post on the internet before, but....

This.

C4IGrant
02-03-10, 15:53
Don't tell me that. I have diligently avoided Facebook, Myspace, twitter, etc. like the plague. Now I might have to sign up just find out about these special leaked discounts. Damnit

LOL, I hear ya. It is a business tool and we are trying to use it as such.

C4

Outlander Systems
02-03-10, 16:30
FB is the only one suitable for "grown ups".

;)

glockeyed
02-03-10, 16:34
Myspace is for teenage girls
Twitter can be useful I guess.

Facebook has become a must have in politics and marketing. Not to mention hooking up again with old Girlfriends :D

lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLefo0fn96o

caelumatra
02-03-10, 16:57
lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLefo0fn96o

lol
That was fantastic!!

kwelz
02-03-10, 16:59
LOL awesome.

Facebook can be a great tool for both friendship and work. However the number of idiots on there is almost unbelievable.

glockeyed
02-03-10, 18:24
LOL awesome.

Facebook can be a great tool for both friendship and work. However the number of idiots on there is almost unbelievable.

i tried to use it to get in touch with a few people i liked in HS, but 3x the XGF's found me and the wife got pissed.

Avenger29
02-03-10, 21:41
However the number of idiots on there is almost unbelievable.

That's going to apply to any social site bigger than the comparatively small communities such as M4Carbine, Lightfighter, etc...

The main problem I have with Facebook is that people that I DON'T ever want to see in my life again try to friend me. Oh, and the stupid game updates (I don't care how well your ****ing farm is doing.)

Outlander Systems
02-04-10, 06:43
The main problem I have with Facebook is that people that I DON'T ever want to see in my life again try to friend me.

No joke. That's the only frustrating side to it.

You've motivated me to hose a good number of folks on my account. I need to find the unfriend button.