PDA

View Full Version : Any 12" VLTOR VIS (3AK) owners here?

Razorhunter
02-02-10, 21:41
I have a couple questions pertaining to the 12" VIS upper from VLTOR. I believe it is deemed as the model "3AK".
Anyhow, first off, is it truly the same length as a 12" rail?

Secondly, when using the VIS system, is it indeed possible to have a muzzle device permanently pinned/welded onto a 14.5" bbl first, and then assemble the bbl into the VIS upper?
I believe this is possible, as the VIS bbl nut should slip right over the muzzle device, right? Is there anything that would prevent the pinning/welding of the muzzle device first, before assembling a VIS upper?

Finally, does anyone have 12" VIS build pics? I would like to see some good 12" VIS pics if anyone can help out. I have seen a couple on the net, but nothing great, and I'd like to find all I can.
Thanks for any help.

militarymoron
02-03-10, 10:53
I believe this is possible, as the VIS bbl nut should slip right over the muzzle device, right? Is there anything that would prevent the pinning/welding of the muzzle device first, before assembling a VIS upper?

even if it slipped over the muzzle device, it wouldn't clear the gas block. you'd need to capture the nut, install the gas block, then the muzzle device.

Razorhunter
02-03-10, 17:07
Yeah, the GB. How'd I forget that in my rush yesterday? Heh.
Anyhow, perhaps the VIS bbl nut could be slipped on first, along with the GB second, and then the FH could be pinned/welded, BEFORE the VIS upper is assembled?
I'll have to think it over some more, but I think that would indeed work just fine.

militarymoron
02-03-10, 19:28
Anyhow, perhaps the VIS bbl nut could be slipped on first, along with the GB second, and then the FH could be pinned/welded, BEFORE the VIS upper is assembled?

yes, that'll work. i have some pics that might help on my site:
http://www.militarymorons.com/weapons/ar.uppers.html#visupdate