PDA

View Full Version : New from Wilson Combat

wilsoncombatrep
02-02-10, 21:48
I thought the M4C gang might want some pics of a new Wilson Combat model......and this one is for the ladies;) Ms Sentinel....
http://www.wilsoncombat.com/gunpagelinks/mssentinel/mssentinelBIG.jpg

http://www.wilsoncombat.com/gunpagelinks/mssentinel/mssentinelBIG3.jpg
http://www.wilsoncombat.com/p_mssentinel.asp

ccoker
02-02-10, 22:17
I think this ordered with out the "ms" designation might have to find a home very close to me :)

Alaskapopo
02-04-10, 22:17
I am sure its an excellent pistol. But with Wilsons current pricing I will not be buying anymore. The one I have a CQB cost me $1700 new and I could live with that. But a simular gun now with a light rail like mine lists at $2700. Not worth it in my humble opinion. My next 1911 is going to be Colts new Rail gun for around 1K.

Pat

MarshallDodge
02-05-10, 08:33
I am sure its an excellent pistol. But with Wilsons current pricing I will not be buying anymore. The one I have a CQB cost me $1700 new and I could live with that. But a simular gun now with a light rail like mine lists at $2700. Not worth it in my humble opinion. My next 1911 is going to be Colts new Rail gun for around 1K.

Pat
A $1K Colt is not a $2.7K Wilson. ;)

newyork
02-05-10, 08:47

+1 to that

Thomas M-4
02-05-10, 08:56
Yea but he will have $1700 to make into one.

newyork
02-05-10, 09:14
good point

Business_Casual
02-05-10, 09:24
I think Wilson should make a retro duty 1911. I think that would sell to the people on this forum. Too many of the current guns are too fancy and have too many upgrades. Sometimes less is more - look at the scallops on that tiny little gun's barrel. WTF?

A classic 5" gun with minimal upgrades, black finish, in all steel and tool steel parts with sights you can use to cock the gun, what say the forum?

M_P

newyork
02-05-10, 09:27
MP, I agree. Maybe a front night sight and 10-8 rear, ext thumb safety and beavertail but thats it.

Irish
02-05-10, 09:36
Base model starting at $3300??? OUCH!!! Seems like a pretty steep price for the ladies. I have a CQB that I really like shooting but the $1800 I paid for it was a lot easier to swallow than that.

newyork
02-05-10, 09:48
$3300 is retarded. You can have a true custom built for less. That or any other semi-custom carry piece.

Alaskapopo
02-05-10, 13:40

Frankly its not worth it in my opinion. Colt makes relialbe 1911's they will not be as accurate. But as someone else said with the extra money I could send it to a good smith like Specialized Armament and get the gun just the way I want it. My last experience with Wilson was not great. I sent my CQB in for refinishing and to have some minor work done. One of the things wrong was the ejector was loose and a new one needed to be installed or the current one staked better. That was never done. I had to do it myself. So for on my CQB I have had to replace the plunger tube as it literally just fell off once and I have had to install a new ejector. Its a nice pistol but not worth the current asking price.
Pat

rob_s
02-05-10, 13:53
I think Wilson should make a retro duty 1911. I think that would sell to the people on this forum. Too many of the current guns are too fancy and have too many upgrades. Sometimes less is more - look at the scallops on that tiny little gun's barrel. WTF?

A classic 5" gun with minimal upgrades, black finish, in all steel and tool steel parts with sights you can use to cock the gun, what say the forum?

M_P
My list

plain, high cut front strap
no forward cocking serrations
lowered & flared ejection port
beavertail grip safety
Novak plain black front & rear sights
extended single-side thumb safety
GI guide rod

newyork
02-05-10, 14:05
My list

plain, high cut front strap
no forward cocking serrations
lowered & flared ejection port
beavertail grip safety
Novak plain black front & rear sights
extended single-side thumb safety
GI guide rod

Perfect. except I like 10-8 sights. You don't need anything more than this. Maybe a magwell if you think you need one.

rob_s
02-05-10, 14:07
The reasoning behind the list is that it comes with basic quality parts and all the major machining done.

Because the sight cuts are Novak, it is therefore easier to install whatever other sights you wish.

Dave Berryhill
02-05-10, 14:32
...Because the sight cuts are Novak, it is therefore easier to install whatever other sights you wish.

Bingo!

LockenLoad
02-05-10, 15:49
pretty gun but for 3300.00 I will get a new rifle

Shawn.L
02-05-10, 15:52
what the purpose for the fluting?

I cant imagine the weight savings would be significant enough to justify the cost.

I love my CQB, I use the front cocking serations for my press checks, ambi safety is nice for off-hand and weak hand pickup, and I prefer front stippling personally. So that model has exactly the things I like in a 1911.... without the seration in places you never touch that you find on some other pistols for no apparent reason.

Over $3k for this lil thing though? Id go with an STI 9mm Rouge, off-duty, or even the tiny LS9 for less than 1/3 the cost. Or the VIP........mmmmmmm9mm 2011.......mmmmmmmm.......

man, we are a tough crowd :eek:

Business_Casual
02-05-10, 15:59
I am not personally a fan of front serations, I can do a press check just fine thank you very much, without them. It just adds costs, IMO. And this isn't a shot at you, but there are a lot of people who carry their pistols to the range in fleece-lined rugs, afraid of a tiny scratch, that think front serations are a "must have" in a "serious" 1911. I'm not one, of course. ;)

M_P

Shawn.L
02-05-10, 16:04
I am not personally a fan of front serations, I can do a press check just fine thank you very much, without them. It just adds costs, IMO. And this isn't a shot at you, but there are a lot of people who carry their pistols to the range in fleece-lined rugs, afraid of a tiny scratch, that think front serations are a "must have" in a "serious" 1911. I'm not one, of course. ;)

M_P

yes, I can do them without them as well, its just not what I personally prefer is all. Its not a "must", but its nice for me and my preferences.

My CQB is a work horse, no offense taken.

Alaskapopo
02-05-10, 16:08
I like front cocking serrations. I use them for press checks and I think they just make the gun look nicer.
Pat

Business_Casual
02-05-10, 16:14
I was thinking, to keep costs down and only spend money where it has a tangible benefit, take a standard WWII pattern 1911 and only modify:

Sights
Beavertail (minimal)
Safety
Hammer
Ejection Port

Pretty much, now that I think about it, what Rob_S said. The closest thing is the Ed Brown, but that has "Special Forces" written down the slide.

M_P

spamsammich
02-05-10, 16:29
Pretty much, now that I think about it, what Rob_S said. The closest thing is the Ed Brown, but that has "Special Forces" written down the slide.

M_P

Ugh, has that kinda shit EVER been a selling point? It's one thing to call it that, why ruin a perfectly good gun by having it written on there. I'd rather it said R-E-P-L-I-C-A :rolleyes: Might as well make a model called "Navy Seals" and fill in the engraving with white crayon.

brushy bill
02-05-10, 18:24
Agree w/Modern Pirate. I prefer basic mods on a 1911

I bought a Colt 1911 Replicas some time back with the intention of turning it into a nothing fancy KISS carry gun.

MarshallDodge
02-05-10, 18:44
Frankly its not worth it in my opinion. Colt makes relialbe 1911's they will not be as accurate. But as someone else said with the extra money I could send it to a good smith like Specialized Armament and get the gun just the way I want it. My last experience with Wilson was not great. I sent my CQB in for refinishing and to have some minor work done. One of the things wrong was the ejector was loose and a new one needed to be installed or the current one staked better.
Wow, that is some bad luck.

My point was that if you want a plain jane Colt then that's fine but I didn't think it was fair to bring them up in the same category.

Personally I wouldn't spend $3300 on that gun either but I am not going to sit here and complain about the price. The gun is a masterpiece but most of us on here are minimalists and there are guns out there that meet our needs. :cool:

wilsoncombatrep
02-05-10, 22:19
Its amazing how threads get carried away.......$3300 is way more that the "base price" of a WC 1911.

If you do, or do not, want front cocking serrations, we can take care of your wishes[ its custom, tell us what you want and we can make it happen for you].

Guys, if what you want is a slightly upgraded Series 70 Colt, no problem. Send us your Series 70[ or series 80] Colt, and we will perform any and all upgrades you want. We customize Colt 1911's everyday, although most folks don;t know that we do that kind of work.

Safetyhit
02-06-10, 09:28
But a simular gun now with a light rail like mine lists at $2700. Not worth it in my humble opinion.

I agree. I was just considering a Spec Ops 9, but...

ccoker
02-06-10, 09:35
spec ops can be had for under 2k
it's an awesome pistol

Safetyhit
02-06-10, 10:16
spec ops can be had for under 2k
it's an awesome pistol

I am well aware of the price, and I agree it is an awesome pistol. But can I get the same reliability for half the price? Pretty sure I can.

Look, they preform well and have collector value no doubt. And they are great to look at, some beautiful in fact. But for some/most of us that's not always enough. At least not from a practical standpoint, anyhow.

But I think I am going .40 this time around anyway.

Dave Berryhill
02-07-10, 10:47
Cost is a relative term. Wilson sells a bunch of different pistols having a broad price range. Considering what goes into building these pistols, they aren't that expensive.

These were posted on another forum and it gives some insight into the process that Wilson uses when making these pistols. First, start with a bar of steel. Next, carve away everything that doesn't look like a 1911.
http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=259893
http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=259822

Paul45
10-23-10, 19:43
I have many 1911's from stock 1911 Colt made in 1917 to true custom built ones. My "go to" guns are my:
WC CQB amd WC CQB LT . They function!
Any 1911 that works is good but I trust my WC's.
We have many to chose from, I have samples of most, I like and trust my WC's

Bolt_Overide
10-23-10, 23:51
I remember seeing new wilsons selling for 1700 or so not much more than 5 years ago. Now similar guns are selling for nearly 3k, and are completely not worth the asking price in my opinion.

Not saying wilson makes bad guns, in fact I think they make some of the best production customs out there. But they arent 3k guns.

Don Robison
10-24-10, 00:10
Its amazing how threads get carried away.......$3300 is way more that the "base price" of a WC 1911.

You might want to change this then;)

http://www.wilsoncombat.com/p_mssentinel.asp

Base Model Starting at $3300.00

Alaskapopo
10-24-10, 01:53
I love my light railed CQB but I paid 1800 for it 6 years ago. No way I would pay what they want for that gun now. Plus their service has not been great. I sent in my Wilson to be refinished and I asked that they install a new ejector. They did not touch the ejector as it was still loose. I ended up doing it myself later. Then a few months later my plunger tube litterally fell off the gun when I took it apart for cleaning. I had to install a new one of those as well. I asked them to modify the Dovetail so I could install a front sight that was Tritium fiber optic. (they would have to have widened it) They refused. I ended up having a local smith modify an Ashely express front instead later. They make good pistols but they are not flexible and they cost too much.
Pat

Alaskapopo
10-24-10, 02:01

If you do, or do not, want front cocking serrations, we can take care of your wishes[ its custom, tell us what you want and we can make it happen for you].

Guys, if what you want is a slightly upgraded Series 70 Colt, no problem. Send us your Series 70[ or series 80] Colt, and we will perform any and all upgrades you want. We customize Colt 1911's everyday, although most folks don;t know that we do that kind of work.

I want a new sight system. The stock Wilson sights are terrible. The stuff you use for the white outline goes black to brown after just a few months of use. You need to put a clear coating over the white outline to protect it from solvents and other crud. It would be nice if you used a more standard dovetail cut so your customers could use more after market sights. This is a big bone of contention with me. I am fairly happy with the sights I have on my pistol now. A 10-8 rear witha .140 U notch and a Small Dot Ashley Express front. But what I really wanted was a Tritium Fiber Optic front sight. I have these on my Kimber and they work much better.

Another problem is your new ETM mags. I am having issues with the magazine getting over inserted when I reload the pistol from slide lock. In two IDPA matches I have had the magazine get wedged inside the mag well where I had to use to fingers from my support hand to drive the magazine out. I could not strip it from the bottom it was stuck too badly. What is happening is the plastic base bads are getting worn fast and allowing the front of the grip to get wedged between the magazine body and the plastic base pad. This is a really bad malfunction to have in a match and could be deadly in a duty gun. Otherwise the mags are great. I would like to see you offer metal bottoms for these mags. I think that would cure the problem. I have not had this malfunction with your older mags or with other 1911 magazines.
Pat

Alaskapopo
10-24-10, 02:03
Double post

7PI
10-24-10, 08:42

I bought my CQB for $1899.00. Now the base price is $2550.00. I can't justify that increase in my mind.

I bought a Gunsite Colt a few weeks back. Minimal modifications where they mattered and spend $1225.00. So far, 1500 rounds and it has proven to be accurate, reliable (no malfs yet) and comfortable to shoot. In fairness I did toss the colt mags in favor of my WC mags.

I really like WC guns! My CQB is a trooper and was very good looking before I put it to work for the last five years. WC builds great guns. I just can't justify the cost of them anymore. I sincerely wish I could!

I think the suggestion is that WC build a gun that gives us what we need and nothing else, in the $1400-$1800 range.

v/r

OBTW: Other than increase the coolness factor, what does the fluting on the barrel actually do? Was the weight reduction to such a degree that it justified the added expense?

Norinco
10-24-10, 13:30
I would rather have a Berryhill...Wilson makes badass 1911's but their current prices are absurd.

Just my opinion.

Norinco
10-24-10, 13:35
[QUOTE=7PI;794378]I think the suggestion is that WC build a gun that gives us what we need and nothing else, in the $1400-$1800 range.

+1

Irish
10-24-10, 13:36

I hadn't seen this thread in a while but since I'm the one who posted $3300 as the base price for the pistol... Here ya go on your website: http://www.wilsoncombat.com/p_mssentinel.asp

Condition Yellow
11-13-10, 11:59
Agreed. FWIW, you can order it w/out the SF marking if you want. On the same note, one can order a CQB from Wilson w/out the front serrations as well. I think they both have slowly been listening to customers.

Ugh, has that EVER been a selling point? It's one thing to call it that, why ruin a perfectly good gun by having it written on there. I'd rather it said R-E-P-L-I-C-A :rolleyes: Might as well make a model called "Navy Seals" and fill in the engraving with white crayon.

duckinthebox
11-16-10, 08:18
I agree also my next order from wilson will be for a sterile slide.

juniors1911
11-23-10, 23:02
where did the price increase in wilson guns come from. i would love to have one but $2600 for a protector is out of my price range. buddy of mine bought one at wilsons in 02 or 03 for $1650 after tax. i expect a price increase but a $1000 increase seems a bit much. and does wilson have any plans for an affordable gun.

500grains
12-05-10, 21:48

It's not for me to decide what a company charges for a product. But it is for me to decide if I can afford it or not. Through many years of hard work and attention to detail, WC has developed a product and reputation that support the prices asked, so I say all the more power to them.

Chuck
12-13-10, 22:11
Tacti-Kewl jewelry now too?
http://www.para-cord.com/

:confused:

Wilson Combat Beef Jerky......soon at a store (or bodega) near you!

;)

SpankMonkey
12-14-10, 11:20
I stopped ordering from Wilson. My last two products have been missing parts or parts with very low quality. I'm still waiting on a part that was not even in my box. I could not even complete my gun. The part was a key component, I guess they do not check whats heading out the door before shipping.

wilsoncombatrep
12-14-10, 11:33
Chuck,
The CBJ is not ready to ship yet......on our last group "research and development"- hunting trip, we ate all the prototypes;)

SpankMonkey,
Please PM me with your contact information, and some details of the orders, and I will help get to the bottom of your/our problems.

SpankMonkey
12-14-10, 12:38
SpankMonkey,
Please PM me with your contact information, and some details of the orders, and I will help get to the bottom of your/our problems.

Thank you for the offer but I have already addressed the issue. Hopefully the part I am missing will be here this week.

Both of my last two orders have been shotgun parts. Both orders I was not pleased with due to low quality and missing parts. If the part does not show I will send you a IM. Again thank you.

amac
12-16-10, 22:27

M_P

I'm with you on that. Was looking for just what you said. WC and EB make excellent 1911's, but at their asking price, many people are left wanting. Then I found this... http://cz-usa.com/products/view/dan-wesson-valor/. Made my purchase and have been very happy since. DW may be the next CW - their prices have steadily been going up! Get one while they're still affordable.

Sandman751
12-23-10, 09:05
I love a beautiful 1911 like anyone else. I love the stuff from Heirloom Precision and will be the first to admit that I would indulge if I could, LOL! I'm a retro/purist when it comes to the 1911 and I think Heirloom Precision builds the finest, most practically and beautifully executed retro pistols out there IMHO. I don't use forward cocking serrations or one piece guide rods as they are not needed on my guns. But, you don't need to spend $3000 to have a reliable, accurate pistol that you can trust your life to. Many others and I are living proof of it! The marketing hype with these pistols nowadays is insane. I spend my money where it counts. Reliability! My carry load is 230 grain ball, it has never let me down. However, my pistols feed everything. Yes! I know what goes into the detail cosmetically and so forth. But, the reality is that a 1911 can look like crap on the outside and be perfect "reliabilty wise" on the inside.

The men that work on these guns are true artisans of their trade and ask for what they feel their elbow grease and knowledge is worth. God Bless America for that! But, I laugh sometimes when I hear some guys (mostly inexperienced) saying that you are not well armed for duty/defense unless you own one of these high priced pistols. This is simply not true!

milosz
01-01-11, 16:56
We placed an order for some lanyards and a Boker cop tool from the Para-Cord side of Wilson around Thanksgiving.

Shipment was fast, but the Boker was missing - all it took was one e-mail and they had a Boker out for shipment the next day, no hassles at all.

venuto
01-03-11, 18:59
$3300 is retarded. You can have a true custom built for less. That or any other semi-custom carry piece.

I use to think this way too until I got my $3300 Wilson stealth. Good grief what a difference. I'm not coming from beaters either. My last two 1911's were Ed Brown and Les Baer

I love to read guys who have never shot a Wilson ranting how much they cost and them not being worth it. I'm not saying YOU are one ofnthese people. I'm just saying in general that is

venuto
01-03-11, 19:07
I love a beautiful 1911 like anyone else. I love the stuff from Heirloom Precision and will be the first to admit that I would indulge if I could, LOL! I'm a retro/purist when it comes to the 1911 and I think Heirloom Precision builds the finest, most practically and beautifully executed retro pistols out there IMHO. I don't use forward cocking serrations or one piece guide rods as they are not needed on my guns. But, you don't need to spend $3000 to have a reliable, accurate pistol that you can trust your life to. Many others and I are living proof of it! The marketing hype with these pistols nowadays is insane. I spend my money where it counts. Reliability! My carry load is 230 grain ball, it has never let me down. However, my pistols feed everything. Yes! I know what goes into the detail cosmetically and so forth. But, the reality is that a 1911 can look like crap on the outside and be perfect "reliabilty wise" on the inside.

The men that work on these guns are true artisans of their trade and ask for what they feel their elbow grease and knowledge is worth. God Bless America for that! But, I laugh sometimes when I hear some guys (mostly inexperienced) saying that you are not well armed for duty/defense unless you own one of these high priced pistols. This is simply not true!

I certainly will never say you "need" a $3300 pistol. What I can say from experience is my Wilson is a whole new ball game. If someone says there is little difference in how a 1911 shoots and feels they are terribly mistaken. Believe me. I have 50,000 plus rounds thru a 1911 platform. Have never felt a pistol so sweet as I have when I shoot my Wilson Stealth model. It's just that simple.

I had Browns, Baers and even a 22 year old Colt with $2000 worth of Wilson custom work in her. None of those feel like my factory Wilson

Alaskapopo
01-03-11, 19:52
I certainly will never say you "need" a $3300 pistol. What I can say from experience is my Wilson is a whole new ball game. If someone says there is little difference in how a 1911 shoots and feels they are terribly mistaken. Believe me. I have 50,000 plus rounds thru a 1911 platform. Have never felt a pistol so sweet as I have when I shoot my Wilson Stealth model. It's just that simple.

I had Browns, Baers and even a 22 year old Colt with $2000 worth of Wilson custom work in her. None of those feel like my factory Wilson

I like my Wilson and I paid 1700 for it about 8 years ago. No way would I spend 3300 for one now. My Wilson has been a good pistol but again there is no way to justify the price increases I have seen in the last few years. My next 1911 will not be from them.
Pat

venuto
01-03-11, 23:23
I like my Wilson and I paid 1700 for it about 8 years ago. No way would I spend 3300 for one now. My Wilson has been a good pistol but again there is no way to justify the price increases I have seen in the last few years. My next 1911 will not be from them.
Pat

Hi pat

I can certainly respect your view point for sure. In my case and with the experience I have I am quite the opposite. I wouldn't buy another 1911 unless it was Wilson. I have owned the other so called "semi customs" and they don't hold a candle to Wilson. My Ed brown was a nightmare right out of the box and that gun listed for $2700.

Like everything in life you get what you pay for. For me, Wilson has proven themselves to be worth every penny they charge for their pistols.

Zog
01-04-11, 06:28
We get it you like your Wilson and you think it was worth the money. I figured it out the first time you posted it. No need to make 3 post saying the same thing.

The Dumb Gun Collector
01-04-11, 07:30
Neat pistol. It is always interesting to see a new take on the 1911. Thanks!

I also had a CQB and it was excellent. I once took a class with Ken Hackathorn and Larry Vickers and they both agreed that the CQB was the go to 1911 on the market.

venuto
01-04-11, 17:19
We get it you like your Wilson and you think it was worth the money. I figured it out the first time you posted it. No need to make 3 post saying the same thing.

So sorry mr zog. I didn't know it bothered you so much. I'll make sure I don't do that to upset you again. It must be tough work you have there. You know. Policing all these posts and all. Hats off to you on the awesome job you do here in these forums.

milosz
01-04-11, 17:29
Pat

Is $1700 that different from $3300, when a $500 Glock can do the same job (with less maintenance, etc.)? Is a $1600 Dan Wesson more reasonable when they were $900 a few years ago?

When we're talking high-end 1911s, it's all a little ridiculous. Or a lot ridiculous.

venuto
01-04-11, 18:21
Is $1700 that different from $3300, when a $500 Glock can do the same job (with less maintenance, etc.)? Is a $1600 Dan Wesson more reasonable when they were $900 a few years ago?

When we're talking high-end 1911s, it's all a little ridiculous. Or a lot ridiculous.

Oh come on now. Don't you think this argument can be made for every product made. Why buy a Mercedes when a Kia will "do the same job"

Why upgrade anything then. Why replace anything when the thing you are replacing gets the job done

Timbonez
01-04-11, 19:11
Oh come on now. Don't you think this argument can be made for every product made. Why buy a Mercedes when a Kia will "do the same job"

Why upgrade anything then. Why replace anything when the thing you are replacing gets the job done

The obligatory car analogy is always lacking something. A Glock does the same job as a 1911, but it does this job better and at a lower pricepoint. The same can't be said for a Kia against a Mercedes.

That's not the point of this thread though. Wilson Combat wanted to display a new product of theirs. Some people may be willing to pay the price, and some won't. I'm sure those who will buy one will be very happy with their gun, as Wilson puts out high quality stuff. It's up to the individual to decide if the price of admission is worth it.

venuto
01-04-11, 19:34
The obligatory car analogy is always lacking something. A Glock does the same job as a 1911, but it does this job better and at a lower pricepoint. The same can't be said for a Kia against a Mercedes.

That's not the point of this thread though. Wilson Combat wanted to display a new product of theirs. Some people may be willing to pay the price, and some won't. I'm sure those who will buy one will be very happy with their gun, as Wilson puts out high quality stuff. It's up to the individual to decide if the price of admission is worth it.

Your correct about one thing. The thread is straying off topic ;)

RogerinTPA
01-04-11, 21:24
Sorry, but at that base price, I'll pass.

MPK9Cop
01-21-11, 21:56
I am really not too fond of the barrel. The price of a Wilson is also a big drawback... Think my full length rail operator is gonna be in my duty holster for quite a while!

ribeyejonson
02-14-11, 15:55
3300.00 pass, rather buy a rifle for that price or a used Honda. For those who can buy, more power to you. You're most likely passing me in my used Honda in a shiny new S class...

Supergrade
03-18-11, 05:55
At times I wonder what the hell I was thinking when I bought my Wilson Combat Supergrade... But most of the time I'm proud to say I have one. It is one hell of a shooter and just about the prettiest pistol I've ever seen.

duece71
04-10-11, 18:27
3300.00 is way over the top. I would rather have a rifle and ammo for that price. If you just have to have it.....well........have at it. Good luck but the price is too much for me.

manderson2228
06-19-11, 19:45
Holy cow.. I had no idea the Wilsons were so expensive now.. I was considering a CQB and was willing to spend 2k on it.. Thought it was around there price wise.. Only to find out it was 3300.... I like the CQB, I just don't like it 3300$ much.. I seriously don't know who is paying that for them... Hey more power to you, but it won't be me.

wilsoncombatrep
07-03-11, 11:11
Guys,
The gun in the beginning of this thread is a very special model, with many upgrades. Our 1911's start at around $2500. I have no idea why this thread is a sticky....moderators please "unstick" this thread.

Timbonez
07-03-11, 11:53
Guys,
The gun in the beginning of this thread is a very special model, with many upgrades. Our 1911's start at around $2500. I have no idea why this thread is a sticky....moderators please "unstick" this thread.

The link you provided says it's $3300. It's perfectly valid for people to comment on that price point since that's the product you showed. This thread isn't about your $2500 CQB. As I mentioned several months ago, I'm sure there are plenty of people who are willing to shell out the money for one of your pistols. They are a quality product and anyone would be proud to own a WC pistol. That said, there has been a dramatic increase in price over the past few years, which is one of the reasons why many on here are turned off to your product.

In this very thread there are several posts with a similar theme talking about a "retro style duty weapon," something that is a functional shooter and won't break the bank. Certain desired features are even explained. Everything that WC makes is more expensive than what it would take to make that pistol. A CQB and even an X-Tac has more than what a lot of people are asking for. A customer simply requesting less features on a CQB isn't going to make it any cheaper.

I also don't understand why this thread is stickied.

lebowski
07-20-11, 13:59
Holy cow.. I had no idea the Wilsons were so expensive now.. I was considering a CQB and was willing to spend 2k on it.. Thought it was around there price wise.. Only to find out it was 3300.... I like the CQB, I just don't like it 3300$ much.. I seriously don't know who is paying that for them... Hey more power to you, but it won't be me.

CQB ain't $3300