PDA

View Full Version : KY - Suspect shot during attempted robbery.

Irish
02-03-10, 08:34
http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/83022802.html

A delivery driver turned the tables on a couple of would-be robbers late Thursday night.

Lexington Police say two juveniles jumped the worker for China King outside an apartment building on Laketower Drive, near Lakeshore Drive around 9:15 p.m.

The delivery man then pulled out a handgun, shooting one of the kids in the abdomen.

He went to the hospital to be treated for non life-threatening injuries, according to police.

The other suspect was taken into custody.

Police say the delivery driver hasn't been charged.

Kentucky Cop
02-03-10, 14:46
Irish! Now your talking. I was working the night this happened. When the call went out over the radio, several of us who together just looked at one another in disbelief. With that said, our city is having a significant problem with these bad guys ordering up food and once the poor delivery guy or girl gets to the location, which is usually apartment complex's, they get jumped. It's been going on for awhile now but hopefully this will slow them down and make them think. I observed one of the officers shake the delivery guys hand in appreciation for making it thru this encounter.

I would love to see the local add for pizza delivery drivers. "Wanted, good driving record, US citizen, and has a valid CCDW permit". ;)

Ky Cop

Irish
02-03-10, 19:12
I observed one of the officers shake the delivery guys hand in appreciation for making it thru this encounter.
Ky Cop

Should've gave him a deputy badge ;)