PDA

View Full Version : New Email scam with Iraq/USMC twist

Iraq Ninja
02-03-10, 09:46
First time I seen this. New twist on the old Nigerian scam it seems...

From Capt. Paul Morgan

Dear Friend,

Good day and compliments, I know this letter will definitely come to you as a huge surprise, I am Capt. Paul Morgan, serving in the 2nd Battalion, 25thMarine Regiment which Patrols the Anbar province,Iraq.

I am desperately in need of assistance and I have summoned up courage to contact you. I am presently in Iraq. I am seeking your assistance to evacuate the sum of (16.2million USD) to the States or any safe country, as far as I can be assured that it will be safe in your care until I complete my service here. This is not a stolen money and there are no dangers involved.

Contact me as soon as possible with this email: morgan.paul2@gmail.com , so that I can furnish you with more details.

Respectfully,

Capt. Paul Morgan.
2nd Battalion,
25th Marine Regiment Patrols
Anbar province, Iraq.

Sent from this email paul.01@sify.com

GermanSynergy
02-03-10, 09:53
These are always a hoot. IIRC haven't the Marines left Anbar? :cool:

Buckaroo
02-03-10, 09:55
Lame

I am amazed that this sort of thing can work. Little to no creativity there.

Hope the perp is caught and prosecuted.

Buckaroo

chadbag
02-03-10, 10:11
I've been getting Nigerian scams with US military/Iraq connections almost since we went in to Iraq in 2003.

They are getting really creative with their descriptions.

GermanSynergy
02-03-10, 10:13
I've been getting Nigerian scams with US military/Iraq connections almost since we went in to Iraq in 2003.

They are getting really creative with their descriptions.

I've also gotten them from people claiming to represent Robert Mugabe, Nelson Mandela and the premiere of China.

d90king
02-03-10, 10:25
****tard should be caught and then made to do IED sweep patrols wearing his panties and using his legs to trip the device or given a cell phone to check to see if its live...

5pins
02-03-10, 10:44
http://www.captainmorgan.com/img/about/captain.png

bulbvivid
02-03-10, 12:18
In case you guys haven't seen it, here is a link to 419eater.com (http://www.419eater.com/). They basically scam the scammers, getting them to do crazy stuff as the baiters string them along with promises of money.

I like this one, where they get the scammer to get a tattoo that says "Baited by Shiver." You have to scroll down a ways to get to the tattoo pics: Ahmed Sadiq Baited By Shiver Metimbers (http://www.419eater.com/html/ahmed_sadiq.htm)

Iraq Ninja
02-03-10, 14:50
Let the fun begin. This is what was sent by another email addy...

Deer Captain,

What can I dew to help you?

Sister Mary Vergina
Our Lady of Perpetual Motion Convent

And his reply...

Hello,

Thanks for your email. I want everything to be clear to you right now but you have to read carefully. The deal is all about the money I made from crude oil deal here in Iraq and I have it kept safely in a box and stored in an abandoned mine in northern Baghdad. The amount is $16, 200000.

Due to the United States president’s policy on Iraq, there is a plan to move some troops out of Iraq so I will be among the people that will be moving out. I cannot take this money to the United States because since they know me as military personnel, they will want to know how I come about it. Due to this, I have made an arrangement for a Red Cross jet that normally travels to United Kingdom to bring relief material to Baghdad to assist in realizing my plan of taking this box out of Baghdad. The question is who will be in charge of the money in my absence? This is exactly why I need your help. I want to guarantee you that you will not stand any risk in this as I have mapped out the strategy to have this box moved out of Iraq safely.

The plan:

The box will leave for Baghdad on board the Red Cross jet and arrive London on 6th of Febuary 2010. Upon the arrival, I shall let you have the contact of the diplomat for you to reach an agreement with him on how and where the box will be delivered to you in your country. You shall let him have your full names, address of delivery and your phone numbers for easy for him to make the necessary logistics involved.

It has to be clear to you that the diplomat is not aware of the content of the box as I will only tell him that it contains your personal belongings. Then you shall take control and reach an agreement with him as regards to the delivery of the box to you.

The box:
The box contains the money and will be protected with a pin code which I will make available to only you alone. You shall not in any case disclose the content of the box to the diplomat for security reasons.

The money:
As soon as you receive the box and the pin code, you shall have in mind that your percentage will be 30% of the total sums which $4,860,000 while you shall ensure that my own percentage of 70 which amounts to 11,340,000 is intact.

Logistics for my arrival:

I shall want you to make an arrangement as regards to a residential house for purchase where I will stay on my arrival. It will be important for you to update me with the most lucrative business in your part of the country in which we can invest to make more profit.

It is important for you to note that you shall not be spending money anyhow so that you do not create so much awareness on my money. I want to reassure you that everything is under control.

Your brother

Capt Paul Morgan

5pins
02-03-10, 15:03
I think you should ask for 50% and give him the address of the White House.

1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20500

GermanSynergy
02-03-10, 15:13
I'm not sure about that... They may decide to give these scammers a bailout! :p

I think you should ask for 50% and give him the address of the White House.

1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20500

chadbag
02-12-10, 06:48
Gen ODIERNO is trying to get 18.5M out of Iraq I was just informed by email...