PDA

View Full Version : Omega Piston for Osprey Defense

AkStyl
02-03-10, 15:13
Is there any chance that Daniel Defense will be making a Piston Omega Rail that will fit the Osprey Defense OPS-416 gas piston kit in the near future? Thanks Nick

Marler5811
02-03-10, 19:29
We currently don't have a rail system that will fit the Osprey. The shape of the operating system prohibits us from using any of our existing rail systems with or without modifications. We would have to design a proprietary rail system solely for that platform. If demand increases, we will probably think about doing it but right now there is nothing in the pipeline.

Kalash
02-07-10, 11:57
I want the Osprey system but the lack of quality rail system is holding me back.

AkStyl
02-09-10, 15:11
I'm actually building 2 carbines around the OPS-416 kit and I knew this would be a speed bump for me. Midwest Industries has 2 railed handguards available, but I would rather look around to see if there are other companies out there willing to cater to Osprey Defense first. Nothing against Midwest by the way. I'd like something with a 1.25 QD sling mount machined in. We'll just have to wait and see if there'll be a demand in the future.